My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 9 August 2020

SUNDAY SNIPPETS

Hi Everyone

I hope your day has been enjoyable .. .. .. definitely a little cooler and more comfortable here today.  Until I switched the cooker on!!!

People who have followed my blog for a while may remember me making my own gelli plate some time ago.  I used it for a while but shockingly when I got it out again after leaving it stored for a few weeks  it was growing its own mould cultures .. .. ..  so I decided that wasn't one of my better ideas.  

I then treated myself to a "proper" gelli plate .. .. and today decided it was time for me to let it see the light of day and start playing with it.

When I played with my "home made" gelli plate I used acrylics but have to admit I wasn't keen on the stiffness and chalkiness of the finished result on a card front.  Great inside a frame as a picture on the wall but that's all  .. ..  though I appreciate that may not be the case for everyone.  Just personal preference on my part.  

Today, to get me started I simply produced a background using a brayer and distress inks.  Nothing out of this world but it did use up an offcut of white card (one of many I have about the place) and the colours were nice and soft which is what I wanted.  

Yay!!  I think I have started on a gelli plate journey.

I simply stamped flowers and a sentiment onto the inked background and paper-pieced the flowerheads with even more snippets.

These flower stamps are very, very old, (in fact a whole ten years old) and are probably the most well used flowers in my collection. I have an old Chinese Takeaway tray that stores these flowers in a variety of colours and patterns. 



This used:

Image:  Papermania "Hampstead Collection" Sketch Flower
Sentiment:  MFT  All Occasion Sentiments
Distress Ink Pads:  Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage
Backing Paper:  From my snippet mountain
X-Cut:  Scallop Edge Punch
Ribbon
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine


Because I have used lots of snippets I am taking my creation over to Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge where we are encouraged to use up our leftovers.  A good few of them were used up on this little creation.


18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Jules.. Lovely colours and a very nice 'feel' to this card.
Following you... ♥

meg said...

Fabulous CAS card in wonderful bright colours,love your flowers

Aquarius said...

Great snippets card showcasing these flowers on the subtle background. Struck a chord with me - I might well have this stamp set (must have a root around) and if so it's not seen ink for AGES. Thanks for your comments as always and yes you were responsible 😀

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules...love of your floral card Jules, your snippet flowers look lovely. I think we've all got our favourite 'go to' stamps...what a shock to find mould on your jelly plate must admit I've never tried one but wait to see what you do with yours!
It' so muggy here this morning we didn't get the thunder and rain that was forecast first thing.

Anne

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - I love the pretty flower stamps you've used.
Kath x

meg said...

Thanks for your comment Jules, the collection was called Frost n Flakes, I can't find it on the site so it looks as though it isn't available now


Meg

Brenda said...

This teeny tiny is so pretty Jules! I've never quite understood gelli plates and have never used one before, but your background is beautiful and so soft looking so my interest is peaked a bit about these. lol Loving the flowers, old or not, they are fabulous and I can see why they are well loved. You certainly did a great job at paper piecing them! Love all your stitching too, I just saw my sewing machine in the closet and thought I need to get that baby out and try stitching on a card per your tutorials. As always you have made another fabulous creation! Hugs, Brenda

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card ...love the flowers .... think I have lots of stamps over 10 years old ...and some unlinked ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Just beautiful, stay safe love Jane x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules what a very pretty card, lovely blooms and beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

Kathleen said...

A really lovely creation, I like all the white space along with the super images and lovely subtle background.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic way to use up those little bits and pieces left over.

Sue xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty. Love the gorgeous background you created and the lovely flowers.

Sarah said...

Really pretty Jules and the blended gelli background looks perfect xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab and funky , lovely stitching.x

anne said...

This is lovely, I remember when those stamps came out, I wanted a set and couldn't get them anywhere, everyone was after them lol!
Love your paper piecing on these, those papers are so pretty.

Anne xx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this that ribbon really shows off the gorgeous flowers, hugs Pops x

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Jules - your paper piecing is just so perfect, and absolutely right for those flowers! Love it!

Hugs

Di xx