My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 1 August 2020

PORTRAITS

Hi Everyone

I hope your weekend has got off to a good start.  Definitely a little cooler than yesterday (thank goodness).

Today's card is for two challenges.

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge where the theme is always "anything goes" or this month's optional theme is "Make the Sentiment the Focus"

and then a new challenge for me .. .. the Little Red Wagon Challenge where this week the theme is "Give Us Your Background" .. .. so no design papers .. .. make your own background.

This is what I came up with:




this used:

Image:  Penny Black "3868J" Portraits
Sentiment:  DigiStamp Boutique (sadly no longer trading .. .. boo hoo!!!)
Gold Embossing Powder
Distress Oxide Ink Pads:  Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Festive Berries (with water splashes)
Spellbinder Circle and Scallop Circle Dies
MFT Stitched Flower Dies
Ribbon
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I have spent much of today putting inserts into cards and packaging them up .. .. .. I really need to do this as I finish them because that for me is the most boring part of card making.   I should get it out of the way when there is only one to do!

Catch you again tomorrow!


11 comments:

meg said...

Your background colours and stamping form a gorgeous backdrop for that fabulous sentiment,a beautiful card

Crafty Moone Cards said...

So beautiful Jules.
Sue x

Brenda said...

Jules, this is such a lovely card. I love your background! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Aquarius said...

Great background on this card and it certainly covers the two challenges nicely. Adding inserts to cards isn't my favourite either and despite trying to do it as I go along, often a 'pile' accumulates and then it really is a chore. Pleased the weather is a little cooler.

Enny said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, the background is wonderful and a lovely sentiment! Enjoy your Sunday ! Love, Enny

Carol L said...

The touches of gold with those pretty colors combine for a wonderful background! This is such a beautifully designed card, sure to please anyone celebrating a birthday!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, a pretty background and lovely, bold sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JanR said...

So pretty! I adore the background, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon. (:

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and very happy feeling. Beautifully done bkg.
x Karen

Sarah said...

What a pretty card, love the background with the embossed gold, very luxurious xx

Pop's Cards said...

I do my inside to match my front at the same time, the bit that gets me is boxes I even have a die to do them but by god I hate doing it so much...

I love the background here so very pretty in stunning colours, I so miss Sally-Ann's images so much, hugs Pops x