My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 31 July 2020

SUNFLOWERS

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

I hope all is ticking along OK with you.

Just posting quickly whilst waiting for the oven to finish cooking and also listening to the revised rules regarding the virus pandemic.

Scarily I can't help wondering if the second wave is on its way.  I feel some folks have just done far too much far too soon!  We won't even go to our local take-away or pub garden .. .. .. let alone consider leaving the country to holiday!  I will stop here or I will start ranting LOL!!

Anyway, a quick make today as I have a stack of orders to get through over the next few days:




This used:

Image and backing papers:  Nitwits Sunflower Cottage Collection
Sentiment:  Digistamp Boutique (sadly no longer trading .. .. boo hoo!!)
Spellbinder Circle and Scallop Circle Dies
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

A lovely and fairly quick style of card to make, and the sort that is very popular at the moment with my customers  .. .. ..  the insert is kept blank so that it can be used for lots of different occasions.  

I purchase an annual printed Angel Use License from Nitwits so that I am allowed to use their lovely images/papers on any work I sell.  They were also happy for me to use the papers in my wedding work too which brought some fun and colourful invitations into my collection.  Not everyone wanted "Princess" style invites .. .. .. for some it was the quirkier the better as they wanted something "different" that their guests would remember.

Anyway, back to it.  Lots to cross off my list .. .. .. good job is it Mr Heart's day to cook his special fish and chip supper.

Enjoy the rest of this lovely sunny day .. .. .. and have a great weekend.


14 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely card Jules - really pretty papers.
Can't get my head round all this mad rush to go on holiday - isn't not getting this virus more important? We're in one of the areas that had restrictions tightened last night. I am really angry about it as we've not been anywhere except our garden and to form a bubble with the Mum in Law, seeing her once a week. And as I am struggling with the face mask I am not even going to the shops the wonderful man is. If all these idiots going to raves, having parties - oh and 250 attending a funeral in Blackburn (I kid you not), behaved themselves we wouldn't be in this mess. I shall shut up now! x

Mrs A. said...

Just seen the picture of Bournemouth beach(shown on the mews) Taken at 11am this Morning. People just don’t get it.,!! Me, I am sat in my garden with a nice breeze blowing sipping my procesco and the toilet to hand when
I need it.bliss.. love your beautiful sunflowers.i didn’t get my brain into gear quick enough to get any sunflower seeds to plant but
I will for next year. Hugs Mrs A.

Stamps and Paper said...

Afternoon Jules....Cor 'it ain't half hot mum'.....there's something about sunflowers that's peaceful I always think, apart from being an amazing flower in itself. Your card is beautiful.
It was far too hot for our walk today...so spending time making more masks.

Have a good weekend..enjoy your fish and chip supper and take care

Anne

Aquarius said...

A lovely sunny card to match the weather, beautifully photographed in your usual elegant style.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... Jules love the sunflower paper ....
We are the same ...shopping ...and an occasional take away ... we really are sticking to the rules ... we have no cases here .... but we are still on our guard ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so pretty, what lovely papers, off to have a wee look at them now. Im so glad we are in Scotland as our lockdown has been so much slower in being lifted. We had homemade fish and chips for dinner too, was lovely, enjoy the weekend, Hazel x

Enny said...

A beautiful card Jules ! Yes, we already have the second wave, unfortunately. A lot of people didn't care anymore, and now we're in trouble again. Lots of strict rules, like wearing face masks, which was very hard today, as we had very hot weather, 35° C ! But we'll keep on "fighting" ! Have a nice weekend ! Enny

meg said...

A card suitable for so many occasions,love the beautiful papers and CAS design hope you have a great weekend

Kathleen said...

A really lovely bright and beautiful creation. Super images and a lovely shade of green, a lovely nice and warm feeling.
Well I live in Calderdale so while did take one step forward we have now taken two steps back, you can carry on ranting for me because I will totally agree with you.

Kath x

Lisa xx said...

Ooh I love sunflowers 🌻 ....my Grandad used to be something of an expert at growing them, and would have an area in his garden where they stood tall and proud...anyway, this is a beautiful card xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card, the nitwits collections are so pretty. I think some times we forget that we can print it ourselves rather that keep buying expensive pads.

Sue xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, this is a fabulous collection - I have it and have yet to use it, thank you for the inspiration.
I think we are entitled to have a rant, I can't believe how selfish some people are being, they don't seem to have a thought for those that are at risk - we have not been far at all yet, other than walking the dogs and the weekly shop and hubby does that on his own, I have a hair appointment for Tuesday and will not have it done if I'm not happy with the precautions being taken!
Going to see Mum again this afternoon, in the garden and at a distance again.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card, such lovely artwork and fab design. Ranting is fine Jules and there is no social distancing here which is a bonus!! There are far too many selfish people who take the "it won't happen to me" attitude, yet in doing so put us all at greater risk xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning this has to be my fave ever card I love Sunflowers and I have this paper set too, I do not own a single sheet of paper anymore its all Nitwits...

Love that sentiment too...

I am so lucky I do not go out, and kids are home with me, hubby is doing the bare minimum and I am liking it this way, I find it all rather scary, people packed in everywhere no masks, I think this will be around for ages sadly....

Hugs Pops x