My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 19 July 2020

GREAT WAVE

Hi Everyone

A bit of different type of art post from me today.

Just before lock-down started here I was approached by the lovely Emily from Photowall to see if I would like to collaborate with them.

I could choose a wallpaper, wall mural, canvas print or a poster in return for posting about the product I received and my experience of using the company on my blog.  

I spent ages looking at the extensive range of canvas prints as this was what appealed to me most .. .. but I couldn't decide.  There were far too many to choose from and my list was getting longer and longer .. .. .. and as Mr Heart has taken early retirement and decorating everywhere in the house is on the "big work list" it seemed a bit "back to front" to choose a picture and then decorate a room around it.  So I asked our youngest son if he would like to choose one and then we could make the canvas up together.  

He had no difficulty selecting one as he isn't allowed to decorate where he lives .. .. unless he puts it back to how it was when he moved in when leaving!!  (The last thing you want to do when moving on to a new property).

He went for a  picture called Great Wave.  Very dramatic and beautiful colours.


So when our lock-down had been lifted enough to allow my Son and I to meet up, I let Emily know that we were ready to go ahead.  We ordered on Monday morning selecting the design and specific size he wanted (super easy to do) and straight away we got a message back saying his picture had "gone to print".   We expected it to be a few days before it would arrive with us .. .. but it was with us by Wednesday. 

So armed with the package I headed off to my Son's and we opened up the box to reveal the canvas, wooden frame mounting strips, brackets, thumb screws and even the bracket for hanging the finished work of art on the wall.  Everything is drilled and prepared ready for a quick assembly.


Putting it together was very clever and a project we really enjoyed doing.

You get full assembly instructions included, and start by laying the canvas print side down .. .. removing the backing from the sticky strips on the wooden frame and sticking all four to the edges of the canvas.


Next you fold the frame inwards so the mitred corners butt up to each other .. .. .. to begin with you think it is never going to line up and join together, but like magic .. .. it does.  You line the angle brackets up and insert the thumb screws through the brackets into the pre-drilled holes.  Don't tighten any of the screws up completely, just start them off and keep working around the frame tightening the screws up gradually.  This stretches the canvas and you end up with a fabulous flat picture for hanging on your wall.


I think it looks great in his lovely apartment and my Son is super pleased with it too  
-  thank you Emily!


My son selected a picture from the Photowall stock of picture files .. .. ..  each one capable of being turned into wallpaper, a mural, canvas print or poster .. .. but there is also an option to up-load your own pictures too.  

So if you have a favourite photograph, perhaps of somewhere special you have visited or a picture of your family, or a special day, you can upload those too and turn them into a work of art for your wall.

Emily very kindly gave me a discount code to share with my readers, so
 if you fancy adding a piece of art to your wall or walls
just enter julesblog25 when checking out to receive a 25% discount 
on any of the Photowall products.

This code is valid until the end of August 2020

Enjoy what is left of your weekend.  I hope that you are experiencing some of the lovely sunshine we have been blessed with here.


10 comments:

Aquarius said...

Oh I love this image and you've done a grand job in mounting it and describing your experience. What a lovely idea.

Kath said...

This is fabulous Jules - it's probably an image we would have chosen too.

If your son likes waves - has he ever seen Mike Lacey's photos? We saw his work at a gallery in Porthleven they're amazing - we have his Cornish Heart on our wall - https://www.wavesgallery.co.uk/shop/cornish-heart/

Kath x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Thats a great idea, looks super easy to build up the canvas as well. Lovely weekend here, suns been out so gardening has been done, Hazelx

meg said...

Your son picked a stunning canvas,looks straight forward to put together and great on the wall

Enny said...

Wow, what a beautiful canvas, those waves are wonderful ! And it looked very easy to mount. Hugs,Enny

cuilliesocks said...

This is the one I would choose too, I love this print, Kate x x

Kathleen said...

This looks really fantastic against the wall, boy does it stand out.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A beautiful canvas print Jules, your son has great taste. It certainly sounds like a good system and quite straight forward to assemble.
I can't believe how tidy your sons's room is or did he tidy it for the photograph!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic picture, it looks amazing up on the wall. I shall be going to the website and taking a look around.

Sue xx

Sarah said...

What a fantastic canvas, perfect for that ultra modern living space. I love the idea of putting it together, makes it more personal that just unwrapping and hanging on the wall. Thank you for sharing your discount code too, I am off to have a look!! xx