My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 2 July 2020

FARM OR JUNGLE?

Good morning everyone

Get me, posting first thing in a morning!!

I was lucky to have a win over at the "As You Like It Challenge" and my lovely prize was to be a guest designer for the month of July!   

Each challenge gives you a choice of what you create .. .. .. and this fortnight the choices are:

Farm  or  Jungle  (and say why)

I opted for the "Jungle" option as I just love the thought of so many different animals living wild and free in their natural environment.  It is just a shame that some are hunted by humans as trophies
.. .. .. or end up in a circus or zoo..

But my jungle creatures look happy enough:




This used:

Images:  Simply Sweet Jungle Set Digital Download
Sentiment:  Computer generated using fonts "Dragonflight Pro Regular & Aracne Condensed Regular
Spellbinders Oval Die
ProMarkers
Pearls
Foam Pads
Black Fineliner Pen for the faux stitching

Two plain"ish" pieces of design paper for the background and then lots of fussy cutting and colouring of the images.  Some are attached directly to the card front and others are raised with foam tape.  

There were so many images in the download that I struggled to decide which to use!

It would be great if you found some crafty time to play along .. .. just decide "Farm or Jungle" and explain the reason for your choice.

The winner gets the chance to step into my shoes and be the guest designer for August .. .. and it could be you!

You can see what everyone else on the DT opted for on the challenge blog here.

Catch you again soon folk .. .. .. have the very best day you can!


17 comments:

Lisa xx said...

This is so gorgeous, the bright cheery colours look fabulous. The Giraffe is soooooo lovely

meg said...

They do look like a happy bunch,gorgeous image and colouring with a fun sentiment a fantastic card

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Jules, your jungle animals are so cute and I love how you have layered them all up.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card with a great jungle theme, I love it.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Congratulations of being designer of them month Jules...
what a fabulous card so bright and colourful... a lovely card for a child to receive... I agree wild animals should be allowed to roam free..

Anne

Lynne said...

Great to have you at AYLI this month Jules with your lovely cards. These critters are so cute and your fussy cutting is so neat too x

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, this is an adorable card Jules! I love the animals you chose, they are just the cutest. You have colored them up so pretty too. I agree, I do love seeing animals living in the wild but hate the trophy hunting. I'm not against hunting for food to put in the freezer, but really hate the trophy hunting. Or killing just for tusks, etc...These creatures are so beautiful in real life and your's are too! Love, love, love this card. Farm or Jungle, that is a hard choice! Love the farm animals too. Hugs, Brenda

Aquarius said...

What a happy band of wild creatures - love this card which would make anyone smile.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love it.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely adorable Jules, they are so sweet and your colouring is fabulous, Kate x

Annette said...

It's fabulous to have you play with us this month Jules. And a LOVELY jungle card too. Gotta love that heffalump at the front! I spy the little heart on the flower, but it was pretty well hidden! xx

Elaine Stark said...

Great to have on AYLI this month. A super card and lovely colours. Elaine

Kathleen said...

Fabulous images and gorgeous colours a really lovely bright and beautiful creation.

Kath x

Sarah said...

How lovely to have you in the AYLI gang for this month and what a fantastic card too!! Those cuties look very happy indeed and I love the pearls on the giraffe's horns!! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...what an adorable card...love the look!
Have a great wknd.
xx Karen

scrappymo! said...

Love this cute, fun card. The bright colours are lovely and such a perfect sentiment, Jules!

Enny said...

Wow, such a lovely card, all those cute animals, and wonderful colouring ! Yes it's a pity that so many wild animals are in danger now. A Zoo is not a perfect option, but at least they can be saved from extinction. Hugs, Enny