My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 3 July 2020

ANNIVERSARY WISHES

Hi Everyone

Another week has flown by and the weekend is nearly here .. .. where are the days and weeks disappearing too?  Hard to believe we are halfway through 2020 already!

It dawned on me the other day that when we get to new years eve the programmes that recall the exiting year are are going to be a pretty depressing review.  I hope that somewhere in the remaining six months there are going to be some "highlights" that will be good and uplifting .. .. .. please, please, please!

But in the meantime here is one of the cards I created today




This used:

Image:  LOTV "Love Petals"
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Backing Papers:  More from my snippet mountain (trying really hard to cull these)
Spellbinder Circle Dies
ProMarkers
Twine
Pearls
Eyelet and Eyelet Setter
My Trusty Sewing Machine

So come on, how many of you are going to have your hair cut this weekend and then run off to the pub to whet your whistle and grab a meal?

Definitely none of the above will be happening here.  It is going to be a long while before we will be brave enough to take the plunge on any of those fronts.  I have just seen a headline on the news saying we need to "eat out to help out".  Personally I would rather "eat in, and feel safe" thank you .. .. and continue to snip away at my own hair.  A trip to the supermarket is scary enough for me at the moment!

Anyway, on that note I will love and leave you and hopefully catch you again tomorrow.


17 comments:

meg said...

Lots of hearts in this beauty Jules an adorable image and beautiful anniversary card

Lisa xx said...

Oooh this is an absolute beaut, Julie, love the soft pretty paper mixed with the wood effect and Kraft, and this image is just too cute.

We will still be shielding for the rest of this month, and rather happy to be doing so, we have started to venture out a little but this is done cautiously and when places are as less "peoply" as possible, I think this will be the approach we go with for some time to come.

You've definitely got a point about the end of the year, tv shows, years ago I used to look forward to Clive James on news years eve, but I think even he would struggle to inject any humour into 2020!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Your anniversary card is adorable Jules such a sweet LOTV image and I love the background...well we did have our hair cut on Thursday at home as one of our daughters used to be a hairdresser...so nice to have short hair again, my hubby’s hair was getting near to putting in bunches !
We’re certainly not venturing out to do anything else...
Enjoy your weekend .

Anne

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, so lovely. Stay safe.

Enny said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card, so sweet, those little bunnies ! Yes, I also hope that some good and nice things are yet to come, otherwise 2020 won't be a good year to remember... Have a nice weekend, it's raining here, so I'll be making cards. Enny

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Jules, I love the peeled paint background paper that you've used on here too.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Don't know where the time is going Jules! Looking forward to the haircut on 13th - straight there and straight back - simply cannot last any longer! Other than that business as usual in the Home Bubble!
Cute card, lovely image and you're using my papers again!!! x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jules, such a cute image and great papers - so sweet.
Have a good weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

Fabulous card with such a super image and the background papers are good too. I'm with you on the 'stay safe' note, definitely not going pubbing or dining out and like you will continue to hack at my fringe so that I can see what I'm doing when crafting. Enjoy the rest of the weekend

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet card Jules, beautifully coloured and designed.
We have not opened fully yet, our First Minister is taking things far more slowly, thank goodness. I just hope the pub goers behave themselves, but is that realistic? Good thing to stay safe, Kate x

Sarah said...

Another gorgeous card Jules, I am particularly taken with that lovely plank backing paper!! We are most definitely staying put and have no desire to go out to eat, or go to the shops, or get a coffee...too risky still!! As for a hair cut I have an appointment next Friday, but before making it made sure that all the Public Health measures were being adhered to!! xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhhh what a sweet card, I love that image its adorable. Our hairdressers dont open for a while yet so no haircuts at midnight here!!! Im now lost with when the pubs open but its not yet!! Its so confusing as we hear whats happening at your end of the country and what we are to do and it addles your brain!! Im just staying home and just getting shopping with my from next week mandatory face mask on!! Have a happy weekend, Hazelxx

Kathleen said...

This is so cute, not seen it before but love it. Great background and fabulous colouring.

Kath x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jules, love the sweet image. I won't be rushing off to the pub, but I will be off to have my hair cut on Tuesday. My mobile hairdresser is making appointments at her home, so it will be pretty safe with no one else around. xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hey there stranger, so nice to see your comment on my blog!
How are you? Long time no see!!
I can't believe last time we met Katie was about 12, now shes a proud Mom to a gorgeous baby boy!
Madness!!
Love your card by the way

Have a great Sunday
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous, the image is very cute, the design and stitching on your card perfect . jane x

Annie H said...

This is one gorgeous card, love everything about it.
Xx Annie