My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 25 July 2020

A CARD FOR TWO CHALLENGES

Hi Everyone

I hope your weekend has got off to a good start.  

We have had a good old thunder storm this evening with masses and masses of rain.  It was coming down so fast it was bouncing off the greenhouse and creating what looked like a halo around it.  A lovely sight to see.

Back in the olden days when we went out whenever we wanted, and stayed as long as we wanted because we felt comfortable, Mr Heart and I spent some time in The Range.  I had raided the craft section, as always, and then as Mr Heart hadn't retired at that point, I suggested we have a quick look at the wallpaper for some ideas ready for starting our decorating.

I always take swatches home and stick them on the wall to see if I still like them further down the line.

Whilst choosing a few swatches I also picked a few metallic ones and a fun glitter swatch too .. .. .. not for sticking on my walls but for using on my cards.

The blue glitter paper on my card below was the sample I took and I have added embossing paste through a stencil to create the stars.

It doesn't smell of wallpaper and didn't shed glitter everywhere.  I am very tempted to go back and buy a roll of it.  I can't imagine it on any of the walls in my home but as stash in my craft pod .. .. yes indeedy!!  I wonder what other colours they do it in? LOL!!!  I could make zillions of cards with a roll of wallpaper LOL!!

I haven't used the metallic samples yet .. .. but they will make an appearance at some point.

So here is my card:



This used:

Wallpaper .. .. LOL!!!
Sizzix Stamp and Die Set "659376" Holiday Joy
Crafter's Companion Stamp and Die Set "Festive Wishes"
Provo Craft Dies:  Two different ones for the snowman and his hat (very, very, very old)
Backing paper from my Snippet Mountain
Memento Ink Pads:  Rich Cocoa and Pistachio
Embossing Paste
Memory Box:  Star Stencil
Spellbinders Circle Die
Snowflakes from my snowflake box
Gems
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I am entering this into two challenges:

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is "Starry, starry night"
and
The Rudolph Days Challenge for July where the theme is always "anything Christmas goes"

So that is my fourth Christmas card for July .. .. just one more to go!


21 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful card Jules, love how you used that swatch of paper it makes a great background.Many years ago I asked a small local diy shop if they had any old sample books and they gave me about a dozen

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card Jules and love the smiley snowman.

We had some rain but mainly gentle downpour. At least it saved me from having to get the hose out.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement!!
Love and hugs,
Carol S.xxxx

Lisa xx said...

Oooh, ready your post with a huge grin, you've struck a chord there, as I work (back in the aforementioned "normal" world, but just not at the moment) in a DIY store.... have been there for over 14 years, and all number of wallpaper samples have come home with me, amongst lots of other bits and bobs!!!

Such a lovely card, no wonder the snowman looks so happy

Aquarius said...

This is a really fun Christmas card and great use of a piece of wallpaper - if you bought more than one roll you could make even more zillions of cards. The mind boggles!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your snow scene you’ve created using your wallpaper ‘sample’ Jules...super card... Many years ago before backing papers were about that’s what I used to do, I had a folder full of ‘samples’.....well we improvised didn’t we.
We had the rain last night but not the thunder thankfully I hate it.
Enjoy your Sunday

Anne

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wow how cool is that paper and yes I would get a roll. Sounds like a good productive day. Fab card and don't for get Crafty Catz is always Anything goes.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Jules ...love the Wallpaper ...it looks great ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Jules, you have created a lovely winter scene - I bet that wallpaper will be sold out now we have all seen how fabulous it looks as a stary sky on a card!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kath said...

A fabulous card and the wallpaper looks amazing!
Kath x

Carol L said...

How clever of you to create a card with wallpaper! I just love how it turned out with those stenciled stars and cute snowman! Love the big red "Christmas" sentiment too - a very pretty and festive Christmas card!

Jenny L said...

Hi Jules.
Happy Rudolf Days.
Yes you are right that makes a fantastic background.
Love the wonderful scene you have created.
Such a sweet snowman also.
I just wonder how long it will be before we feel safe doing normal things again.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

JanR said...

This is both adorable and classy at the same time! I love it!

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely layers on your card.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jules I just love the snowman set in his little scene, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x x

Enny said...

What a beautiful card Jules, and I should also use some wallpaper on my cards again. Some years ago, I went to a wallpaper shop and asked for one of those big books they have, with different wallpaper samples (an old one, they didn't sell these papers anymore). I have enough samples for a lifetime ! :)) Hugs, Enny

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable snowman! I love how you were able to create a night sky, snowflakes and trees all in this space that draws me in to admire every detail. Wallpaper, hmm. Sounds good. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely holiday creation with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda, DT

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love your Christmas card , such a happy scene and snowman , super stitching. x

Dotty Jo said...

Wallpaper???? Love it! Great card, Jules, love that little snowy scene. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is beautiful, what a great make, love that you used wallpaper!! Hazelxx

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful and fun scene you have created here. That snowman is adorable, Jules.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Pia S said...

Brilliant idea to use this wallpaper piece to make the starry night sky for your very cute snowman. Great layout too. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart. Pia, Guest Elf