My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 22 July 2020

FEZZIWIG'S CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

Here late .. .. .. again!!!

I spent a bit too much of my evening creating a card for taking over to Fezziwig's Festive Frolics Challenge .. .. .. where Hazel is looking for Christmas projects using summer colours.

I must admit I was stumped for a while but eventually came up with this little creation.




This used:

Memory Box Die "Clairmont Ornaments"
Sentiment Stamp:  Dovecraft "Winter Blooms"
Glitter card
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine
A die cut from the "heart tin"

I desperately wanted to add small ribbon bows to the top of each bauble but I am trying hard to make some "postage friendly" cards for my collection. 

Plus all that white space was also freaking me out a little, but once the card stood on the mantlepiece, which is where my cards usually go for a couple of days before they get stashed away, I decided it was OK after all.

16 comments:

meg said...

You hit Hazels brief on the head,beautiful summer colours and a stunning CAS Christmas card,love the vibrant green against the white space

Lisa xx said...

This is a gorgeous Jules, must admit I've been scratching my head over this theme! Anyway your card has just the right amount of sparkle to make it look fabulous xx

Kath said...

A lovely card and such pretty colours too. I've got a Memory Box 'Crisp Bows' die which I often use if I want a bow on an ornament - it's not the same as a proper ribbon one but it does keep the card flat.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Odd challenge to make Christmas cards in summer colours but you've done a great job with this super die. Know what you mean about white space but I'm gradually becoming a bit more comfortable with it. Do like my layers though. If you have a tiny 'bow' die amongst your collection you could always add a one layer die cut one to each bauble. I often look through my die sets to remind me what is lurking which could come in handy for another purpose (magazine freebie sets often come up trumps).

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card ...love the colours ....
I found my flowers ...took me all day ... made a card last night .... thanks for the idea ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card.

Carole Eaton said...

I glad you put your cards on the mantle, I too do this everyone thinks I have an occasion every day! Lol xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules...what an unusual challenge but you've nailed it...love the summer colours you've chosen.. sometimes it is hard to know when to 'stop' when you've got white space on your card..your card is perfect.

Anne

Suzanne H said...

Great color combination for the summer colors challenge. I love the glitter. I know what you mean about keeping the cards flat for mailing, I hate spend the extra postage for a lumpy Christmas card.

Enny said...

Oh yes, this is a lovely card, wonderful colours and the glitter makes it extra special ! Hugs, Enny

Kathleen said...

A really lovely CAS card with great dies and love all the glitter.

Kath x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhh goodness, how pretty is this card, I love those colours, they are super. I too struggle not to keep adding with lots of white space. When I now want to add more I leave it for a few hours and come back, then I usually have changed my mind and leave it :) Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics this fortnight, Hazelxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so very pretty...
x Karen

Mrs A. said...

Your card is a delight to look at. I love the summery colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Waouh ! J'adore cette carte.
Très belles couleurs.
MaryannG

Sarah said...

Wow, this is a bobby dazzler!! Loving the pink and green combo, works brilliantly with that fabulous die xx