My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 19 September 2011

HAPPY HANDY HIPPO DAY - WEEK 3

Hi Everyone

Woo hoo!!!  My Happy Handy Hippo Day is here again .. .. how quickly these days seem to be coming around .. . and this week I have a gorgeous project to share with you, but first I would again like to thank everyone that visits on a Monday and leaves such lovely comments.

I was emailed a question about my week 2 creation and we will look at that later.

But for now here is my share for this week:




I love this sweet image and those gorgeous little clip on hearts .. .. (I can even see these on my wedding stationery and might have to try them on some place names or favours!!). 

Again if you click on the magic button below you can see all the lovely goodies I used for this creation. They  have been automatically added to a shopping basket and you can remove anything you do not need (or add anything else you can't resist).



So, as I said earlier, I received an email asking how I had done the ribbon embellishment on last week's card .. .. hopefully I have explained clearly enough below .. .. if not then please let me know.

Here is the card I posted so you can have another look at the ribbon.


and here is how I did it:

Firstly I made the background for the ribbon from a piece of Inspire Me card cut with a Martha Stewart Half Daisy punch and I attached a strip of  Wild Rose Studio Polka Dots paper and wrapped around a length of Pink Ribbon Selection Ribbon.


I secured the ribbon on the back with a little sellotape and then put this part of my card to one side.




Next I made a loop out of the ribbon but you need to be sure that the end of your ribbon extends further than the centre point of the loop as below


Pierce a hole through all three layers of the ribbon as shown here


Then push a brad through the hole you have made - making sure you have securely included all three layers of ribbon and cut your ribbon just past the brad tails  .. ..



  Next make a hole through the ribbon, paper and card on your backing strip with your piercing tool



Insert your brad through the hole you have just made and open up the brad legs on the reverse of your card and paper

 

Turn your work over and it should look like this


I then simply added double sided tape to the reverse and attached the decorated strip to the front of my card.



I hope that I have explained this OK .. .. if not then please just shout up!!

Sorry about the photograph overload but this seems to be the easiest way for me to explain (apart from trying to take pictures one handed on some shots .. .. I clearly need to perfect this LOL!!).

Before I leave though I thought I would just let you know about the lovely offers over at Handy Hippo and if you click here you will go to the home page and be able to check them all out .. .. .. including the first annual Super Summer Clearance Sale.

Take care and have a really good week.

Love


(and all the lovely friendly people at Handy Hippo)

p.s.  I will give you the Festival up-date from the weekend tomorrow .. .. thank you for all the good wishes .. .. we had a great weekend.

34 comments:

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Jules, lovin` all that pink. Great tut on the bow too, very easy to follow.
Lynne xxx

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card Jules - trying to resist spending at the mo x Susan x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW gorgeous card Jules and what an adorable image, great colours too.
luv
Debby

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Jules
Beryl x

Janette said...

Beautiful card, the image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect, lovely. Janette x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is adorable Jules! I love the little polka dots on the heart and headband and the beautiful heart clip.
Hugs, Clare x

Di said...

Love the card Jules - pink too :)) Your tutorial is really easy to follow - more please :) Di xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules, you're right about Mondays coming around quickly! Another gorgeous card; everything so perfectly coordinated as usual and I love that little heart clip. Great tutorial for the ribbon too. xxx

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love the flower and clip on heart, Fab tutorial too x

MagsB said...

Brilliant tutorial, so clear - thank you! Triffic card, too, oh that heart clip is just adorable!

Have a good week!

luv, Mags x

Nikbee said...

A pretty card. I love the sweet image.
The bow looks so easy to do - I must try it out later.
Nikki x

Doreen said...

This is a beautiful card Jules,what a cute image.Thanks for the tut to.xxx

Carol said...

This is so pretty Jules and great instructions for the bow. Carol x

Sarn said...

Awww . .. so sweet! Now . . . WHERE is the heart!!!! LOL!.

Hugs, Sandra xx

Cynthia said...

Love all the girly pinks on your card! And thanks for the ribbon tutorial too--I think I will give it a try, you made it look so easy!! ;-)

Louise said...

Great card and do love how you have done the bow thanks for tutorial.
Hugs Louise xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Jules, Two gorgeous cards and a tutorial, you've outdone yourself LOL Thanks!!! Great work!! Glad the weekend went well, Gay xxx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, welcome back & with a great card too! I love everything about it, the pinks, the image & all the beautiful embellies. Thanx for the tut on how to make the bow, it's very easy to follow. So much so that I think I'll have a go at making one.
Sally x

Marjorie said...

Oh wow! love this card, love the pinks, it's so girly, love the flowers, actually everything is lovely!!! thanks for the tut on your bow!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Claire said...

Fabby card Jules and thanks for the tutorial, I'm always happy to see how other people do things. Thanks for the comments on my blog, and no your mother would not tell you off.
Claire xxxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Jules.
Sue x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie i am loving these so much gorgeous colours and gorgeous work hugs pops x

Stella said...

Hi Jules,

Thanks for sharing yoru clever way to create a perfect bow :). I needed that; I always ask myself how you did it. Now I know :)
And your card; so darn cute.And gorgeous!
Love it.

Stella
XX

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, beautiful cards. Lovely images and gorgeous layouts! Hope you are well. Luv & Hugs Trish x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Jules,such a sweet image,love that clip on heart.fab tutorial.
Wendy xx

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Jules...and so loving your layout too hun...and the fab tut too....

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

stunning card jules.your colours and design are gorgeous and i love the beautiful sweet image :D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules these are two gorgeous cards the pink girly one is totally fab and that teddy one is cute, the colours and designs are so lovely
Hugs
Lorraine x

Irene said...

Hi Jules

Your card is just adorable and gorgeous.
Love the girlie pink and your wow flowers.

luv
irene
xxxx

Wishcraft said...

So pretty Jules, I love it, especially that gorgeous little heart clip - so you! Lisa x

Jenny said...

eeek...I love the little heart clip too Jules, very sweet image :)
Jenny x

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card - love the hearts too and the flowers are beautiful. The tut on how you did the ribbon is great - I'm not sure you could have shown it with any less photographs and you describe the 'how to'very clearly. Elizabeth x

Juls said...

such a sweet card!! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

I just left a comment, published it and then it disappeared. I'm still enjoying my visit though. And I'm so pleased your fayre went well. Hugs, Lesley