My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

A CARD FOR A FRIEND

Hi Everyone

Well here I am at last with my up-date from the weekend.

We had a fantastic time meeting lots of people .. .. ..  both old friends and now new ones.

My lovely Sis sold lots of her bags and I sold lots of cards.  It was my best year yet!!

The weather was very mixed and finished late Sunday afternoon with the most torrential rainstorm you could imagine.  It was coming down so heavy that when you looked out of the window it looked like fog!!!

But it didn't dampen anyones enthusiasm .. .. in fact it made the place even more jolly as people dived in for cover!!

So a good time was had by all and now we are keeping our fingers crossed that it is run again next year.

Now round to a birthday card I made for a good friend's birthday yesterday.  As you may guess from the image he is Scottish.






This used:

Image:  Teddy Bo
Backing Papers:   Raspberry Road
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
ProMarkers
Cord from the Stash Box

So now the Festival is over for another year you would imagine I am sitting back and putting my feet up for a day or two?  .. .. .. .. but no .. .. .. we are now preparing for a wedding fayre we are doing on the 2nd October so it is all systems go again .. .. but in wedding mode now!!

So I may still be "AWOL" on the commenting front for a few days to come .. .. but I am trying I promise.

Catch you again tomorrow.

Love

28 comments:

Denise said...

So pleased you did well at the Fayre.
Gorgeous card - great Teddy Bo image and I love the matching backing paper.
Hugs
Denise xx

Cynthia said...

Oh, Jules, it's SO good to hear that your Festival went smashing!!!!!

Your little Scottish bear is darling! Love his expression!!

Carol said...

Loving Teddy Bo in his tartan kilt, he looks fabulous. You're the second person to use Raspberry Road papers today (hadn't heard of them before)but I've just spent some time downloading some of their freebie to try :) Carol x

Unknown said...

Fabulous that image is spectacular and you have coloured it so beautifully, Mary x

Debs M said...

love it, good luck with the wedding fayre x

Nikbee said...

I'm so glad all went so well at the festival and good luck for your wedding fayre preparations. A wonderful card. Such a great image.
Nikki x

pinky said...

Great to hear your cards are selling like hot cakes Jules. I love this one, he is so cute lol. Good luck with the wedding cards.

Amanda said...

Such a cute card Jules, so good to hear you enjoyed the festival.

Catherine said...

Fab card, love that image!
So glad that it went well and that you sold lots of lovely cards...

Beryl K said...

Oh wow Jules, this one is brilliant. Love the image
Beryl x

Jenny said...

I don't know how you manage it all Jules! Fab card, love the tartan ted:)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

OH I absolutely love this scottish bear card, how fun is he!!! Too cool!!!

Now do they make an Aussie bear? hehehehe

Enfys said...

Hi Jules, what a fun card, fabulous colouring and I love that little image. Hope you are well,
hugs
En xx

Irene said...

Hi Jules

Your card is fabulous and so perfect for your friend. I love the colours and design.

So pleased everything went well at the fayre.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sarn said...

What a terrific card for a Scottish fella!

Hugs, Sandra

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

love your card he's very cute in his wee kilt K x

Claire said...

It's great to hear you both did well at the festival, I do hope it runs next year for you.
Love this card, perfect for a Scot, the image is such fun I'm sure the guy will be thrilled
Claire xxx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, what a smashing bear for your Scottish friend, just perfect. I'm really pleased that the fayre went well for you & your sis. It's surprising how people will still come out in the bad weather isn't it? But I bet you're glad they did.
Sally x

Di said...

Hi Jules! Great card as always :) Glad you like the tip about the little bows and a fork on my blog - and am glad you also use a bow maker. Your bows are always perfect - like all your work! Great that the Festival went so well too - hope it's on again next year! Love, Di xx

Janette said...

Hi Jules, Brilliant card, lovely colouring, and your papers match perfectly, he's sooooo cute. Janette x

Archies Mum said...

What a great card for your scottish friend and such an appropriate Teddy Bo. Love your colouring its amazing.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Jules~
I just popped into your blog - and wow I like what I see... love your coloring on this image, so pretty and the layout too is awesome....
I'm sure your friend is going to love this fab card very much... I will be your newest follower and if you would hop on over and follow me too...
Have super day/evening.....

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the image.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

I am so pleased that the festival went well Jules and good luck with the Wedding Fayre. I so love this Scotch bear he is rather cute , the colours and papers are just superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful image Jules and perfect paper again! Brilliant card! xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow Jules just stunning! awesome colouring!

Elizabeth said...

Great card and where did you get that Teddy Bo image - I just have to have it for my brothers, it's perfect :) Elizabeth x

Juls said...

fabby!!! Love all the tartan! Hugs juls