My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 25 September 2011

JULES' SUNDAY SNIPPET CHALLENGE - WEEK 38

Hi Everyone

I am really sorry but with everything up in the air at this end I have only had time to do two snippet makes today.. .. .. bad girl!!

That is never going to reduce the mountain is it?  In fact I have made the snippet mountain higher rather than smaller as I have been working on some wedding stationery samples for the fayre next Sunday.

But I have a few more important things to sort than a snippet mountain at the moment.  Where are my exam certificates from 1976 ?!?!?!?!?  I might need to show them someone?

So here are my snippet offerings: 








With next week being the Wedding Fayre I am going to have to close the snippet playground gates early again this week!!!  Oh my word .. .. how is a person supposed to know if they are coming or going around this place?  LOL!!

Mind you I was pleased that one of my snippet makes was a Christmas card as I have been able to take part in Rudolph Day .. .. as instigated by the lovely Sandra.  The 25th of every month should be a day you make a Christmas card.  Though I am beginning to think I should make a Christmas card "every day" from now until Christmas!!  Eeeekk!!! 

Anyway round to this week's register of snippet playmates.

First to the playground was Irene.  Just look at this gorgeous snippet make .. .. and the stunning flower.  I just love this!!  Thank you for the inspiration Irene.

Then next was the most fantastic make from Elizabeth.  There is a real treat in store here .. .. just look at the fabulous birdcage.  It actually looks like metal!!!  Great use of snippets Elizabeth.

Brenda B was the next one along with not one but two fabulous snippet makes.  The first one you will find here and the second one here.  Fabulous images and use of snippets on both (I love the knitting chickens!!!).

A very inspirational personalised snippet creation was waved in the air next by Claire .. .. a great keepsake card!!  To think it was made from snippets is such an amazing thought.

My next playmate was Sheena who made a gorgeous little money wallet to give to her Sister.  Sadly because the playground gates closed early last week Sheena missed entering it  .. .. but it was too lovely not to share .. .. so I thought it would be nice if it was linked this week.  I am sure you will agree it is a great way to give someone a gift or a little extra spending money!! 

Mandy also called by the snippet playground twice this week.  Mandy's first creation you will find here and the second one here.  Both are so lovely and use the most gorgeous snippets.  I love the flower on the second one very much!!

The lovely Beryl was the next in line with a beautiful blue creation to share with everyone.  I love the image and all the gorgeous swirls on this.  A great finished look.

Hurrying along next was Mags who not only shared a lovely snippet make but also managed to make my mouth water with talk of cupcakes!!!  Mmmm....!!!   There was a lovely vintage feel to Mags' creation .. .. just gorgeous!!

My next playmate was Catherine who managed to use up a mini mountain of snippets on the two creations she showed around the playground.  The first one you will find here and the second one here.  Both are stunningly gorgeous but the second one is my favourite .. .. simply because of the beautiful image and the "heart tights" the Sassy image is wearing.  Perhaps I need a pair like those LOL!!!

Another Christmas card was on show next as shared by Carol .. .. and what a beauty it was too.  I love the die that Carol has used and the lovely sentiment.  Lovely traditional Christmas colours too!!!

Smile .. .. Sally is next!!  LOL!!!  Just wait until you see this one.  A brilliant way to use up your snippets.  Very inspirational.  Thanks Sally!  The little flowers look so cute and I love the letters.

The next person to arrive was Lynne .. .. holding a Christmas card in each hand .. .. and two great Christmas cards at that.  Brilliant use of snippets and although I love both of them the last one is my favourite .. ..  simply because it uses my favourite Christmas papers from Papermania.

Sarah called by next with her snippet make .. .. and I loved it instantly!!  A Christmas card but with so many lovely elements to it.  I wish I had made this one!!!!  LOL!!!   Love the background papers and the little heart!!!

Along next came Tammy with a beautiful thank you card.  Such a stunning design.  Great image and background papers .. .. and who would have thought that lace and string could go together so perfectly?

Next along was a snippet playmate who hasn't managed to make it to the playground for a few weeks due to computer problems.  But now they are all sorted Carole made up for lost time by bringing along three snippet makes to share.  Each one gorgeous.  I can't pick a favourite .... they are all stunning.  You will find them here, here and here

Then last but my no means least was Di .. .. who kindly reminded me that today was Rudolph Day and produced a gorgeous Christmas card.  Just look at that gorgeous backing paper and the background Di has made for her image.  Beautiful!!. 

So what I want to know now is why do everyone else's snippets look far more exciting than your own?!?!?!

It is just like when you go to the supermarket.  Everyone elses' shopping trolley looks nicer than your own and yet we have all had exactly the same things to choose from LOL!! 

Thanks again ladies for all of your super inspiration for using up the snippets.

Don't forget the snippet gates close early again next week .. .. "time off" for you all for good behaviour!!!

I am hoping to have a good old blog catch up later tonight.  It is ages since I have had a good visit session .. .. and I know time is going to be short this next week in preparation for the Wedding Fayre on Sunday!!  Oh it is going to be a lovely, lovey dovey week in the House of Hearts!!

Love




THE SNIPPET PLAYGROUND GATES ARE CLOSING EARLY AGAIN THIS WEEK. 
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ALONG YOU NEED TO BE HERE
BY MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY :-)

28 comments:

Lynne said...

Well there might only be 2 Jules but they are both beautiful. Can`t pick a fave they are both fab.So pleased to see you`ve kept your spirits up and you certainly have`nt lost your sense of humour.
Lynne xxx

angelwhispers said...

Jules considering everthing that going off at your house these are wonderful!! Chanelle xxx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous snippets Jules,I hope you find those all important papers.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules, as always you have made gorgeous snippet cards. I love the image and sentiment on the first one. Good luck with finding your exam certificate, lol!! xxx

Sarn said...

Woot woot! A Rudolph Day card amongst your snippets . . . YAY! Love BOTH of today's cards (as usual).

That sentiment is just brilliant with the chandelier!

Is that a Leonie wotsit punch you've used beneath the flowers?

Good luck for all you've got to do next week hon. I don't think any interviewer would expect you to dig out those certificates!

Hugs, Sandra x

Mrs.B said...

Just had a catch up! don't know where time goes!!!
Great snippets this week, 2nd one is my fav.
Sorry about your hubby's bad news - good luck for the interview.
Avril

Juls said...

love your snippit cards!!! Love the chandilier card, gorgeous and elegant!!! Hugs Juls

G Peplow said...

Fabulous cards Jules, I wish you luck in finding your certs and with the wedding fair next week, Gay xxx Have a wonderful week!x

Catherine said...

Fab snippet cards Jules, good luck with the wedding fair!!!

Sally H said...

Beautiful cards, Jules! Hope you find those certificates! I've been thinking of you - big hugs x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, both cards are lovely but I'm especially taken with the second - you've made a topper with some embossed card and a ribbon and it is so effective. My mojo seems to have completely deserted me today so nothing, not even a Rudolph day card.

Have you got a wee portfolio made up with your certificates, copies of references, samples of the brilliant work you can do on the pc, etc., anything that might impress ... might be a good idea to put one together ... always looks professional and is handy as an icebreaker, or if the interviewer runs out of questions :)

Elizabeth x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous snippets Jules - hope you have a good week x Susan x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous snippet creations Jules, hope you find the certificate. Still got everything crossed for you.

Donna x

Sally said...

Hi Jules, I love the black & white of your first card, it looks very elegant & I also love the colours you chose for your second card & that fabulous ribbon.
Sally x

Di said...

Harumph!! Me hands are on me hips good and proper - another early closure :)) Love your makes Jules, now just dig them certificates out - all fingers are crossed :)) Love, Di xx

Jenny said...

Brilliant cards Jules, love the big punched snowflakes...they're amazing :)
Jenny x

Cynthia said...

You're so funny!! :-) I love your snippets this week--as always, I'm so impressed with what you manage to make using only snippets. Beautiful creations!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous makes Jules, you never cease to amaze me!!!

Love the chandelier!

Jackie said...

Lovely cards Jules, can you tell me where the branchy/leafy die cut is from on the chandelier card please, it's lovely.

Jackie

Denise said...

Gorgeous, classy cards - love the black and white one.
Hugs
Denise xx

coops said...

wow these are both stunning jules.your 1st card is so stylish and classy and your christmas card is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. I wish I could come up with ideas for my huge mountain of snippets. These cards are very elegant. Marie-Louise

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous - shows why we should never throw our snippets away - I adore the first one :-D

Di said...

Ha, ha - I'm early :)) No mad panic this week Jules! Love, Di xx

Sarah said...

I'm late with my entry this week! Jules your cards are so pretty as usual.

Elizabeth said...

I'm the one panicking this week, Jules. Made it by the skin of my teeth :) Elizabeth x

Carol said...

Two gorgeous cards Jules. Running late this week then I nearly forgot to link to you so just made it by the skin of my teeth. Hope all goes well at the Wedding Fayre. Carol x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two fab makes! Love your Christmas card especially. I so need to make some of my own and with nothing to colour - this looks like inspiration to me! Hugs, Lesley