My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 2 September 2011

WINDMILLS IN THE AIR

Hi Everyone

Today it is my turn to post my Funky Hand challenge creation over at Get Funky!!

The current challenge has been set by my lovely teamie Paula and she choose the theme "At the Seaside".

Well for me the seaside means the beach .. .. and a beach means sandcastles . .. .. and sandcastles mean windmills.

So here are my windmills made with the lovely Colour me Happy CD from Funky Hand.




I have posted a little tutorial over at the Get Funky Challenge Blog just in case you fancy having a little go at making some .. .. sadly mine do not turn round no matter how hard I blow them .. .. it could be something to do with me sticking them to my kebab stick with my hot glue gun!!  LOL!!!

Mine will just sit in my vase as decoration .. .. they will last far longer than a bunch of flowers that's for sure!!!

They are great fun to make and the little tiny one was made with a two inch square of paper .. .. a special little Friday snippet!

Well I am nearly ready for my meeting tonight.  Just a few more finishing touches to what I have prepared .. .. I hope I have gone down the right track!!

I have certainly missed jumping around blogland and seeing what you have all been up to.  But I will be catching up again soon and making amends .. .. yay!!!

Love

19 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful Jules! As ever, something stunning from you today :) Di xx

Tara Cardwell said...

These are lovely and the tiny one is super cute! Good luck with your meeting tonight :-D
Tara x

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Jules! I've been away too and it's lovely to catch up in your bit of Blogland. I'm loving all the windmills around at the moment and yours are gorgeous. Hmmm - I'm thinking that would be a great way to use some DP snippets...! Vx

Debs M said...

these are lovely, good luck with the meeting x

Sarn said...

What's not to like about those lovely windmills!?

Hugs, Sandra x

Netty said...

Wow Jules loving your pretty windmills. Great idea. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Cynthia said...

SO cute!! I love the paper!!

Beryl K said...

Ooooh these bring back memories, love them.
Beryl x

Irene said...

Hello Jules

Your windmills are fabulous - I love them.

irene
xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Oh you need to find lots of little ones to hand them to, they look so much fun it just doesnt look right though to have them in a glass. Stunning papers. hugs Shirleyxx

Anonymous said...

These are such fun Jules and remind me of when I was little. Hope your meeting goes well. xx

Linda . J said...

Oh wow love these Jules, so reminds me of the beach and growing up.
Hugs Linda

coops said...

aw these are fab jules.i love windmills, little man always has one in the garden ;D

xx coops xx

Nikbee said...

These are wonderful Jules. Daisy is obsessed by windmills at the moment. Maybe I should make some with her - as long as they turn around!
Nikki x

Bernie said...

Aw those are so darn cute. Great decoration for a party. Hope your meeting goes well.
Blessings Bernie

Sally said...

Hi Jules, I love windmills & yours are really pretty. Lovely paper you've used & the tiny one is soooo cute.
Sally x

Anonymous said...

Love the pinwheels!

They are so fun and bright and happy!

MagsB said...

Fab windmills! They'll look just this pretty for ages, when flowers have gone all manky! (Yes, I know that too well, I always leave my flowers too long, until they pong! Ewww!)

Love your wedding makes, it's my 33rd Wedding Anniversary today, and I wish I could have had your lovely creations to send out in 1978 instead of the plain printed notes from W H Smith that were all that was available then!!

luv, Mags x

Unknown said...

Awww how beautiful these are, I used to make them too when I was young :)