My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

TEAM EFFORT

Hi Everyone

Here at last!!!

I thought I was never getting here today!!

Before I start my ramblings though I would just like to thank everyone for all their lovely comments yesterday on my Handy Hippo news .. .. I still have to keep pinching myself to believe it is true. 

So why am I so late?  Well today was my Mummy's birthday so I went round to see her this morning and somehow I just haven't caught up with myself since. 

We had a lovely natter .. . a couple of cakes and a cup of tea.  Lovely!!!

Before I left home though I saw all the kids going off to school in their sparkly new uniforms .. .. togged up for winter because it was so cold, wet and windy!!  I do hope summer hasn't gone :-(

When we were kids we more often than not used to have to go back to school on Mum's birthday and she used to say it was the best birthday present she could have!!!  She must have been joking though because we were no trouble (well I didn't think we were anyway).  LOL!!

Anyway, round to today's share




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3980K" Team Effort
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Backing Papers:  Dovecraft "Sugar and Spice"
X-Cut Punch:  Butterfly
Aquamarkers
Self Adhesive Pearls

I think this is a great name for this image .. ... though I somehow suspect that even with this team effort that letter is still not going to make it into the post box .. .. not unless those mice get involved .. .. and even then it is a bit suspect LOL!!!

I thought I would have a go at a bit of painting with my Aquamarkers today.  I think my skills in this department leave a bit to be desired but that letterbox is just far too red if I use my Promarkers.

Right I am off now and will catch you again tomorrow.  Hopefully a bit earlier.

Love

33 comments:

Carol said...

Think you could be right about the letter Jules lol. It's a lovely image and you've made a super card. Carol x

Lynne said...

Wow Jules. This is gorgeous. I think the little mouse on top of the post box is going to help.Lol.
Lynne xxx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card Jules, love that image!

pinky said...

Happy Birthday to your dear Mum Jules!! I love this gorgeous card, the papers are so soft and pretty and what a lovely little image lol. Have missed dropping by, been such a busy bee but then you have too by the sounds of the post below:)
Hugs
Pinky

Lynn said...

It's a lovely card Jules, you've done a great job with your AquaMarkers. I bought a set of twelve some time ago but haven't actually used them yet ... well just to colour on some scrap card to try out the colours. Must give them a go soon ... wish there were more hours in a day.

Lynn x

Andria said...

Awww such a sweet image, lovely card :)

Sally said...

Hi Jules, I so love that cute image, it did make me smile. The colouring does look different to using promarkers but I like it as it reminds me of watercolours. Do try it again.
Sally x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules, what a gorgeous card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Beryl K said...

This is lovely Jules, such a cute image my neighbour would love it, she has over 300 teddies
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Love the colours of this one Jules and your colouring looks fab to me!
Helen x

Denise said...

This is such a sweet card - really lovely image and your Aquamarker colouring looks just fine to me. Love those papers too.
Denise xx

Debs M said...

love this, great bp's and i love your colouring, gorgeous x

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

gorgeous Jules Love it ....K x

Janette said...

Your card is beautiful, such a cute image, and your colours are lovely. Janette x

Anonymous said...

lol, I love this image so adorable, great papers too Jules, Happy Birthday to your mum!!!

Cynthia said...

Hey Jules? I think your Aquamarker skills are awesome. Just sayin'. ;-)

Bernie said...

What an adorable image. Beautifully colored to my eye. Love the butterflies they just complete the scene perfectly. Happy Birthday to your Mom.
Blessings Bernie

Linda . J said...

Love your card Jules,the image is adorable and love the colours, the papers are delish.
Hugs Linda

Sarn said...

Hmmm, yes, I think there's gonna be a problem with posting that letter!

Great card.

Belated birthday wishes to your Mum!

Hugs, Sandra

coops said...

gorgeous card jules.the image is adorable and i love your beautiful soft colouring ;D
a belated happy birthday to you mum too :D

xx coops xx

Di said...

It's just beautiful Jules - the papers and the image colouring go together so well. Was that deliberate? JOKE! You used your Aqua Markers brilliantly too. Love, Di xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful card - your colouring looks perfect! I can't work with aquamarkers at all.

Sheena
xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jules.
Sue x

Wishcraft said...

This is so cute Jules :o) Love the image and I think your colouring looks fab, great papers too. Lisa x

Archies Mum said...

Gorgeous card, love the image you've chosen so cute.

lisa said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum, Jules. It sounds like she spent it in a lovely way.
Your card is gorgeous. I love your postbox. I bought Aquamarkers months ago but they haven't seen the light of day yet!!
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how lovely your colouring was Jules! I like the softer effect of the Aquamarkers. Gorgeous as always. xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, aww! this is gorgeous,such a cute image and I adore your fab colouring. Gorgeous colours and love the pretty little butterflies.

Donna x

Tracy said...

I always love seeing this image, it always makes me smile.
Gorgeous creation jules.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

MagsB said...

Cute, cute image, and what a brilliant name for it! Love those little critters!

luv, Mags x

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo - I love the post box! Do you think it would make a good Christmas label? Xxxxxxxx

Janice said...

What a sweet card, love it, Jx

Irene said...

A fabulous card Jules I just adore the stamp and gorgeous papers.

luv
irene
xxxx