My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 11 September 2011

JULES' CRAFTY SNIPPET CHALLENGE - WEEK 36

Hi Everyone

Sunday yet again .. .. .. where are the days and the weeks going?

Yet again it was another very busy playground with lots of playmates.  Surely between us we must have saved at least the branch of a tree between us?!?!?!?

There will be a bit of a change this week as I am at a two day Art Festival in Melbourne (Derbyshire) at the weekend so the snippet playground gates will close at midnight on Thursday to give me time to write my post up ahead of taking all the stock I am hoping to sell to the Festival.  I will be sleeping at my lovely Sister's for a couple of nights so will have to schedule my post.  This also means I will be cheating and will make my snippet creations during the week ready for posting on Sunday.

This week I have three snippet shares and here they are  .. ..







So it is now time for the snippet register and what a lovely bunch of playmates called by the playground this week .

The first eagre beaver was Lynne who shared two lovely cards .. one of which was a great Christmas card and the other featured a really beautiful Spellbinders Bordabilities Die (only look if you can be really strong or if you have some crafty stash pennies hanging about!!).   Lynne has been a very faithful snippetier for quite a while now .. .. and even shared pictures of her snippet stocks .. ... and yet she is saying her snippet pile is as big as ever!!!  I know the feeling Lynne if that makes you feel any better LOL!!!

Sandra was bright and early too and could be seen waving a gorgeous card featuring a sweet LOTV image and great snippets .. ... proving that blue and green "can be seen"!!!!  Please say your snippets are reducing Sandra?!?!?!?

Next along was Sally who used her snippets to make a wonderful background for her great make.  Great colours and a lovely cupcake image too!!  Always a winner in my book!!   Mmmmm.... cupcakes!!!  LOL!!!

Mandy called by the snippet playground next .. .. in fact she called by twice this week ... the first time sharing this lovely creation here and the second time with this little beauty here.  Two great makes Mandy .. thank you for sharing them.  I did have to smile when I read Mandy's second post .. .. she is finding that having to feed her husband is getting in the way of crafting a little .. .. I am beginning to think that is why my hubby is starting to get into cooking!!!  If "he" didn't cook then some night's we wouldn't eat LOL!!!  But he never complains ... .. bless!!

Hazel also called by the playground a couple of times this week.  The first time with a card that featured a lovely snippet flower that you can find here and the second time with a birthday card that features the most beautiful snippet I have probably ever seen (the one that runs across the centre of Hazel's card) and you can see this here.  Tee hee!!  I might have had to save that gorgeous snippet Hazel and just stroke it every so often!!  LOL!!!

Then Sylvia called by to share a fantastic creation that featured not just paper snippets but some extra special snippets from a perfume bottle!!!  How special was this make .. .. and how inspirational!!  This one just goes to show that you never throw anything away .. .. it all comes into play eventually!!

Di was the next in line .. .. with a card in both hands!!  Two lovely makes that were "the same but different".  I love the stamps that Di used on these ... both the gorgeous flower and the sentiment.  A great look!!  Be prepared to be jealous folks because Di now has her own "in house critic" .. .. if you ever need an opinion on a creation perhaps you could email a picture over to Mr Di for his artistic opinion!!  Ooops .. ... I think your "in box" is full Di!!!  LOL!!!  Sorry about that!!!

My next playmate was Sarah who managed to find her way to the playground all on her own without the aide of her husband and a map (make sure your read Sarah's post!!).  Loving Sarah's card.  Gorgeous flowers and colour combo.

Lisa then called by the playground and made us all laugh with her "silly cow" card.  How fab is this?  A super neat card .. .. great layout and gorgeous colour combo.  A brilliant make.

Another busy snippet reducer this week was Irene who shared two gorgeous makes.  The first one you will find here .. .. I think Irene is going for the record for using the smallest snippets ever!!! The the second creation you will find here .. .. and this little beauty is using a fabby Penny Black stamp that Irene managed to buy for £1 at a car boot sale!!  Bargain or what?!?!?!!?  Well done Irene!!

The next share in the playground came from Tammy and made me smile.  It was very appropriate as it was a brilliant "report card" make.  Fabby colours and gorgeous stamps and embellishments.  Lovely!!

Then next along was Catherine who has had a brilliant snippet week and was struggling to bring all of her lovely creations for sharing .. .. she just didn't have enough hands!!  LOL!!!  The first one you will find here,  the second one here and a third one here!!  How busy and hyperactive you have been Catherine .. . and all your makes are gorgeous.  Your snippet mountain must have been reduced more than anyone's last week - especially as you decorate the insides so beautifully too!!  Well done (and I see a few hearts too!!  LOL!!).

Then Elizabeth came along with a stunning Christmas card that was just as beautiful on the back as on the front and this too involved snippets!!  Very inspiring and such rich colours.  Thank you for sharing Elizabeth.

Beryl used her snippets very creatively too and did a spot of paper weaving!!  A great way to use up those snippet strips.  Beryl's card was also very co-ordinated with a Christmas bauble theme going on!!  Very well thought out and put together!!

Then last but not least for this week was Debbie who has created her very first ATC cards .. .. and how lovely they are too.  Debbie managed to incorporate her tiny little tags into her projects again this week .. .. I think they should be her little trademark .. they look gorgeous!!

So that is the end of the register for this week.  Thank you so much to everyone who kept me company and provided all the lovely inspiration.

At this point I will apologise for my lack of visiting at the moment .. .. life is a little busy in the House of Hearts at the moment .. .. but by this time next week it will be calming down a little.  I have had a week of lovely bride and grooms, the ongoing website design experience (with its associated photo taking) and I am trying to prepare for the Festival I mentioned at the beginning of this post.  Busy, busy craft pod (and dining room table, and kitchen worktop and spare bedroom LOL!!)

I will be back tomorrow with my Happy Handy Hippo Week 2 project.

Don't forget that today is the last day for using the special code AWH20 for getting 20% off all the goodies in the store (including those that are already reduced by up to 75%).  Click here to go to the store.  This special offer finishes today at midnight!!!

So that is me for today.  It is my baby boy's birthday today .. .. .. 28 today!!  (Which if you do the math means that he was 18 the day of the Twin Towers disaster - and I can remember the day as clear as anything.  A very mixed day of happiness and sadness).

We are off out for a birthday meal later and I will share the birthday card I made for him on Tuesday .. .. even Hubby had input!!  We are both quite proud of it and baby boy loved it!!

Catch you soon

Love


EARLY CLOSING OF THE SNIPPET GATES THIS WEEK
- THEY WILL BE LOCKED AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY LOL!!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules, fantastic snippet makes today! Love the baby boy and girl ones as they're so fresh, pretty and modern.

Hope all goes well with the Festival. xxx

Carol said...

Jules your cards are gorgeous this week, absolutely love the two baby cards. Carol x

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, stunning, hugs pops x

Doreen said...

Three stunning snippets Jules.I love the baby ones.xxx

MagsB said...

Thank you so much for your Crafty Snippets challenge - I have such fun clicking on all the links and admiring all the entrants' creativity!

Yours are lovely, so crisp and clean!

luv, Mags x

PinksyDoodles said...

Gorgeous cards Jules. I love the baby cards - they are a great way to showcase pretty papers.
Have a lovely meal and happy birthday to you son.
Hugs, Clare x

Debs M said...

fab snippet makes from everyone and i am LOVING your baby boy and girl cards! x

Made by Mandy said...

I think the feeding husbands must be a common problem as quite a few ladies have commented as such LOL

Love both your baby cards, fab way of using even tiny snippets up :)

Sounds like you have had a busy week!

love Mandy xxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous baby cards Jules - really clean style but finished beautifully.The charms are so sweet.Lovely xmas card too showing a stylish tree.Hope you're having fun at the Art festival and staying with your Sister. Let us know how it went.Love Debbie x

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up - again - don't know wher the time goes.
Love the baby cards, what a perfect way to use snippets.!
Avril x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Jules....and I so love the baby ones hun...

hugs Vicky xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, I have a ton of things to do this week so I'm starting things of really early this week with a big snippet project. Right, off to catch up with some of the others before I call it a day. Elizabeth x

Elizabeth said...

Oh, how could I forget to say something about your cards - they're gorgeous. The baby ones are fab - love the letters - and the Christmas card is terrific - the background paper is lovely and I like that tree. BTW, I'm off for the weekend too. Elizabeth x

Sally said...

Ooo Jules, I just love these two baby cards! Please tell me what supplies you used & how you did the lettering. The crimbo cards has the classic look about it & is great. Good luck with at festival.
Sally x

Jenny said...

Well I thought you had gone International there for a minute! But it's Melbourne in Derbyshire :)
Love your makes this warm sunny Sunday. The baby cards are a great way to use snippets:)
Bracing ourselves for the weather tomorrow .... the strong winds will probably spell the end for our curtain of runner beans!
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

you got me all excited when you said Melbourne, not that I'm near there, but heck if you were coming all the way to Australia the least I could do is meet you where you are going to be! lol!!!

Have fun there, and LOVE your snippet makes, great baby cards, and love the vintagey feel of the christmas card!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful creations Jules! Have fun on your trip!

Irene said...

Hello Jules
Your cards this week are fabulous. I love the baby cards so much so that I shall be CASEing them (if you don't mind) as my niece is expecting a baby in November.

luv
irene
xxxx

coops said...

fantastic snippets jules.your baby cards are beautiful and i love the christmas card, so classy :D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

More gorgeous snippet cards Jules,the baby cards are so cute!!

Andria said...

Beautiful snippet creations again, i just adore those baby cards, they are so cute. Not played for a while but managed to join in this week :)

Sarn said...

Fabby snippet makes here Jules. Hope you enjoyed your meal out.

Good luck getting everything sorted for the Festival.

Hugs, Sandra

Di said...

Great snippet makes Jules! I love the baby ones and the Christmas tree is tres elegant :) Love, Di xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, my second snippet make this week - hardly made an iota of difference to the snippet mountain but I'm having fun trying. You'll also see the first of the stamps I was tempted into from HH - not a PB, they are still to come. Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules,

I've only just found your blog after Jenny suggested I enter my card this week and I only wish I'd found it sooner! Beautiful cards and a great idea to get using up all the scraps! Becky x

Di said...

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech! Phew, made it. Almost missed playtime :)) Love, Di xx

Unknown said...

Oh, I missed it! Oh, well, I enjoyed looking at your makes anyway!