My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 30 September 2011

TONIGHT MATTHEW I AM .. .. .. IN SHABBY CHIC MODE

Hi Everyone

I am still in wedding stationery mode and the collection I have been working on today is going to be for our "shabby chic" range  .. .. .. and I am loving it!!!

I can't stop creating!! 

But I have to .. .. I still have one more collection to do ahead of Sunday.  (Though I might just sneak one more little Shabby Chic creation in before I clear away the lovely goodies I have been using for this range.  Perhaps a quirky little place name.).

Anyway, the remaining collection for working on tomorrow is "mulled wine"!!!  So no doubt tomorrow will be a little peep at one of those ... ... mmmm .. .. .. I love mulled wine!!  Hic!!!

So a quick share of one of the makes of the day:






Don't forget .. .. there isn't a heart to be found on all of my wedding stationery .. .. and definitely not on this invitation.  Sorry if I am spoiling your fun!!   LOL!!

I hope you have all had a good day.

It has been super hot here again .. .. .. with more of the same forecast for the weekend.

Hubby's redundancy was finalised today and he finished with his old firm this morning.  He doesn't have to work his notice period.  It must be such a horrible feeling for him.

But not to let the grass grow under his feet he went straight from his old firm for an interview with an agency.  He sent them his CV yesterday and when he went for his interview with them this morning they had already passed his details on to someone and a company want to interview him next week!!!   It will be a temporary post .. .. but sometimes temporary ones can turn permanent .. .. so we have everything crossed that his interview goes well!!

We have a little "good luck" thing in our family  .. .. ..  it started when we were kids and my brother was taking his eleven plus exam.  He was really, really worked up and worried about it and my Mum said to him "You will be OK , just put your pants on inside out".

Of course being the obedient little chappie he was .. and happy to grab at anything that might improve his chances .. .. ..  he put them on inside out.  Well surprise, surprise he passed and it was all put down to wearing his underpants inside out.

So this has stuck .. .. and as a family we often wear them inside out for things such as driving tests, interviews, exams LOL!!  It is quite normal to get a text saying "can you put your pants on inside out please" .. .. and of course we all do!!  The more pairs of pants that are inside out the better of course.!!!  (Yes, I think we are mad .. .. but we don't care).

So next week there will be a few pairs of pants worn inside out!!!  (Feel free to join in .. .. I will let you know what day .. .. it will make a change from playing with snippets!!).

I'll catch you again tomorrow and will again apologise for my lack of commenting.  Only two more days to go and then I can made amends.  At this rate if will take me a day to do it!!

I have a huge list of people to catch up with!!!  Eeeekkk!!!  Sorry folk!!!

Love

28 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow Jules, this is so romantic. Absolutely gorgeous.
Lol at your inside out pants but much good luck to hubby. Enjoy your weekend.
Lynne xxx

Nikbee said...

I love this make - so pretty and the lace is wonderful. It's good news about your hubby's interview. I hope it goes well.
Nikki x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules,love it .
Wendy xx

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous! LOVE how you have used the lace!!!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Beautiful invite Jules, love your layout! Good luck for your hubby and love your family good luck motto lol, must try that!
Helen x

Carol said...

Absolutely love this Jules, makes me want to get married all over again! Don't know about wearing my pants inside out though - think I need to change them pmsl lol. Good luck to hubby for next week glad things have started positively for him. Carol x

Di said...

Fabby card/invitation Jules. Just let me know the day and I'll wear my pants on my head if it would help! :)) Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

I'll wear mine inside out too if it helps Jules!!

I love this invitation; it's such an original design and incredibly beautiful. xxx

Doreen said...

This is a definite winner oooh it is so gorgeous,love the lace,just so romantic.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Jules this is incredibly beautiful in its simplicity, the colour, lace and sentiment are just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I shall be wearing my underpants inside out for you, Jules! So sorry to learn about hubby's redundancy but pleased that he is already out there getting interviews. I wish you both lots of luck! It sounds a bit dubious that he was only placed at risk very recently and yet the redundancy has already been confirmed. If you want to drop me a private line - I'd be happy to review the legality of the redundancy. IT's what I do for a living! I'm away at the moment but I'll be back next week.

Love your shabby chic card. I used this same "bouquet" on my own wedding party invites and I must say, it looks lovely with that pinched lace trim! Hugs, Lesley

Catherine said...

I love this!!! The lace is gorgeous!!!!

Janette said...

Beautiful design Jules, so classy, love the stitching around the edge, lovely. Janette x

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

ooooh I love your shabby chic K x

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous card, Jules. All I could think for a few minutes was, "WOW." ;-) I'm praying that your dear hubby gets this job.

Jenny said...

Oh Jules your lucky pants tale made me chuckle, but if it works hey ho :)
Love this little shabby chic number and what a beautiful sentiment to use to.
Hope the interview and the wedding show go well...… lucky pants or not!
Jenny x

Andria said...

Oooh I love all your wedding stationery but this is my fave, it's stunning, simple but very elegant, could see it being a big hit for you.

Good luck for your Hubby will keep finger and toes crossed it goes well X

Andria said...

Oooooh I love all of your wedding stationery but this is by far my fave. It's so simple but stunning and elegant I can see it being a big hit fr you.

God luck for you Hubby, will keep fingers and toes crossed x .

Loopylou. said...

totally gorgeous invite jules, i love the way you did the lace and just let us know which day to wear our pants inside out, mo will love helping out!!!
huge hugs lou xxx

coops said...

wow this is so beautiful jules.the soft pink is stunning and i love how you wrapped the lace with the flowers in the centre :D

xx coops xx

Sarn said...

Oh Jules . . . you do make me laugh (about the pants) . . . but I am just mad enough to join in for you!

Gorgeous lacy card by the way!

I wish your hubby lots of luck for his interview.

Sorry I have not made it to the playground for a couple of weeks now . . . I'll be in with some kind of excuse note soon!

Hugs, Sandra

Unknown said...

o wow this is simply stunning Jules.. wow so elegant, I love it xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

How gorgeous your shabby chic invite is Jules - I even don't mind there being no heart! Your lucky underpants story made me laugh. I often wear mine inside out because I'm such a hopeless old lady - but the luck thing doesn't seem to work for me! Everything crossed for your hubby though! Vx

Pauline said...

Gorgeous creation Jules. The way you've used the lace to kind of extend the bow is lovely. Love those string beads tied as a bow. And the muted shabby chic colour combo is dreamy.

So sorry to hear the news about your hubby's redundancy. But it's excellent news that he's already got an interview for another job, even if it's not a permanent position.

Good luck for your hubby, will keep fingers and toes crossed.

Hugs, Pauline x

Tracy said...

This is so eleagant Jules, really beautiful and the flowers are perfect.

Good luck for your Hubby next week, I will have my fingers crossed for him.

Happy crafting
Tracy x

Irene said...

Hi Jules
I love your wedding stationery, it's just perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh you booger I just spent about 10 minutes looking for a heart lol!!
Hugs Shell xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Jules, Love this invitation, yes I can totally see why shabby chic is just calling to you to make more!

Love the lucky underpants story. What ever works for you honey, you do it! I really am sending happy thoughts across the waves to wish your hubby good luck.

Did you hear about the hospital job you applied for? I'm sorry if you've already posted that one, I've been so busy with family stuff, Mum's surgery and caring duties, I've hardly had time to scratch myself!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz