My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 4 August 2012

CAN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH PINK?

Hi Everyone

I hope your Saturday has been good .. .. and a bit drier than mine!!

Heavy rain and thunder this afternoon.  Typical when I had done three loads of washing .. .. tut tut!!

So the question was .. .. "Can you have too much pink?".

Well my creation today must be bordering on being very close LOL!!!

Liz over at Pink Petticoat has added some fabby new colours into her colour collection range .. .. and is also going to be removing some too so that the colour palate is more "printer friendly".  Personally I wasn't too fussed about the ones that disappeared as I hardly ever print out papers that are particularly dark as they use too much of my precious ink.. .. but I was sad to see that "mocha" was for the chop  .. .. I did love that one and used it lots .. .. but the new additions have made up for it.

So here is my first play using the new shade .. .  Rasberry Coulis




This used:

Image:  Pink Petticoat
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Backing Papers:  Pink Petticoat (think there is a theme here LOL!!)
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Nestabilities:  Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles
Ribbons, metallic cord and button from the Stash Box

Now for the exciting part (because you know I like to share a bargain).

Liz is offering a fabulous download for £8.00 .. .. and this download will give you 94 different papers in each of the 8 new colours covering every colour collection design that is currently in the boutique!  (that is 94 if you go for the download with white which is what I normally go for .. .. but you can check it out for yourself by going here).  94 x 8 = 752 new papers for me to play with woo hoo!!!  All for £8. 

It feels like Christmas and I have had great fun looking at some designs I didn't have in my collection but have now had chance to play with.

Auntie Sue has very kindly commented to let me know that I can add my creation to Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge where they would like to see you use the colour pink .. .. well I think I qualify LOL!!  Thanks Auntie Sue xx

Wedding work for me all day .. .. but I just had to have a play with my download this evening!!!  I was even  tempted to make a Christmas card as there are some fabby Christmas ones in the download too!!  But for speed I chose to use an image I had coloured previously that was sitting in my "coloured ready to use drawer".

So what do you think?  Is there such a thing as too much pink?!?!  

Too late if there is LOL!!!

Have a good evening everyone.  Sorry I haven't visited much .. .. .. I promise I will catch up once the wedding work calms down a little.

Love

36 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Jules, love your papers

jacqui x

Linda . J said...

This is just gorgeous Jules,love the colours and your design is beautiful, very nice papers and no not too much pink, bring on the pink I say.
Hugs Linda

Amanda said...

There is no such thing as too much pink lol. I am loving the new shades too, will miss duck egg blue and mocha as I loved this combo together but this raspberry is one that I can see myself using loads. Hugs, Amanda x

Cynthia said...

Raspberry coulis = YUMMY. What a gorgeous color! I love the papers and all the pretty layers too!

Aunty Sue said...

Well the answer is NO this is a fab card and love the image and shade. You could enter this into CRAFTY CATZ's challenge Pink. xxx

Home sweet home said...

Wow this cards is really gorgeous,love the image very much and your papers are fab too,wonderful work,Hugs Merethe

Sue said...

Fabulous card Jules, I love the colour you can never have too much pink - in my opinion anyway!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend

Hugs Sue

Anonymous said...

no you can't have too much pink - this is great Jules, I love your work! I've done a pink card this week too.
xxxxxxxxxxxx mimi

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Jules this is both pink and beautiful I love those papers you have used also that delicious looking image a super card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Sally said...

Nope, there can never be too much pink! A very pretty card Jules & yes, those papers are sooo gorgeous. Heavy rain here too.
Sally x

MagsB said...

What a yummy card! I love that gorgeous pink - and thanks for the heads-up, the files are downloading as I type!

I hope you have a dry and sunny Sunday!

love Mags B x

Carol said...

Love this Jules and just downloaded the papers too! Carol x

Roma said...

Wow Jules this is fab!

beautiful colours & it compliments your gorgeous image well & the gorgeous ribbon,love the stitching too .

Thank you for your amazing comment on my blog it is very much appreciated x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jules, you can never have to much pink! Sue x

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the image and design. The pink is so yummy and I love the beautiful bow detail.

Donna x

coops said...

so stunning jules.i really love the hot pink and fab image and papers ;D

xx coops xx

mags said...

Gorgeous Jules. The image is great and love the fab papers and colour. Love all the stitching too.
mags
x

chanya13 said...

Sweet and tasty card - beautiful pink colour

brenda said...

Good morning Jules,

Of course you can't have too much pink, it's like glitter and butterflies, they are essential crafting elements.

Add some nice cream cakes as well just like on your lovely card, or more could a girl ask.

Only six more sleeps now !!

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Beryl said...

Ooh - it's scrumptious. Beautiful vibrant papers, tasty image and a lovely design.
We had a thunderstorm here too - probably the same one. It fell down like stairs rods and the signal went on the TV just as I decided to watch a little of the Olympics.Not for long though.
Beryl xx

Sarn said...

LOVELY card Jules. I love that image.
xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gloriously pink , love the cupcakes and bright papers, just yummy. janex

Faye said...

Too much pink?! Never. I think this is just right. I love the pink/ paper/ image combo. xx

Unknown said...

er like wow!!!!!!!!!! this is terrifc
thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz hugs sassyx

Bev Henwood said...

Hi Jules, What a lovely vibrant card ~ love it. You have done it again ~ made me go and spend more of my pennies on those gorgeous backing papers ~ lol. Love Bev xx

G Peplow said...

WOW Jules what a stunning card, the bright pink stripes are just sumptuous and perfect for the cakes theme, love it, hugs Gay xxx

Sue B said...

Ooh I do love this Raspberry Coulis shade Jules… it's gorgeous! The image and papers are really scrummy and I love the gorgeous pink ribbon with the silver twine… it's really stunning! :-)
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Love Sue xx

Kath said...

A stunning card - and there's no such thing as too much pink!
Kath x

Lynn said...

Wonderful card Jules. I have not blogged anything for ages. However, have taken a sneaky look at PP for new colours, and I have caved in and bought. Just looked through some of the files - and these papers and colours are just gorgeous. Off to do a make now, and if I find the memory card to my camera, may even post on my blog! Have fun. Lynn x

Lorraine said...

No, you definitely can't have too much pink!! Another gorgeous card Jules.
Lorraine x

Victoria said...

Nope, no such thing!

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Jules what a gorgeous card i LOVE that colour too!

Liz Armstrong said...

Jules, your card is fabulous! Raspberry Coulis is the perfect shade for your sweet card : )
Liz
xx

Anonymous said...

oh I love the hot pink, really reminds me of candy stripes!!!

Di said...

You know me Jules - no such thing as too much pink! I totally love this card - and am off to look at those new papers now, you bad girl :) Love, Di xx