My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 31 August 2012

HAVE FUN!

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

A busy old day in the House of Hearts .. .. or should I say away from the House of Hearts.

We (this being hubby, our youngest Son and myself) have been out and about.  First stop being my favourite card and paper warehouse for a stock up on card for wedding samples.  I managed to pick up a few new colours and textures too so hopefully there will be some "very different and possibly rustic" looking invitations at my next wedding fayre.

Second stop was IKEA.  Our youngest wanted some storage units (which we just managed to squeeze into the car once part of the back seat was flattened) and I wanted another couple of picture frames for putting sample table plans into .. .. again for the next wedding fayre in October.

But oh the torture of walking around IKEA.  It isn't somewhere we go to very often, in fact this was only my third visit ever .. .. .. but I fell in love with so many things.  I kitted my craft pod out at least 40 times in my head .. .. but for now I will have to make do with the wardrobe that has had its doors removed, my second hand desk and chair and the old set of drawers that used to hold kids clothes many years ago!!  

Good things come to those who wait .. .. so if I wait even longer then who knows what might come my way eventually LOL!!

Anyway, here is today's share:




This used:

Image:  Teddy Bo "Gone Fishing"
Sentiment:  Digistamp Boutique "Birthday Sentiment and Tickets"
Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher "Playful Fish Backgrounds"
Martha Stewart Punch:  Embossed Zig Zag
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Nestabilities:  Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles
ProMarkers and Chalk
Cord and Charm from the Stash Box

Well Mr Blogger has behaved himself this evening.  I have even been able to add the pictures to last night's post too.  Thank you very much Mr Blogger!!  Sorry I moaned about you last night!

Have a great rest of the evening everyone and a lovely weekend.  I wonder if the sunshine is going to make an appearance?

Love

30 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Jules...love the image.xxx

MagsB said...

Jules, this is fab! I love love love the paper! The little fish charm is so cute, too! Have a happy, sunny weekend!

love Mags B x

Marie-Louise said...

Great card. I always love your clean and simple lines.

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Jules, love the cute image and fab fish charm.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Wendy xx

Sue said...

A fabulous card Jules. I love the Teddy Bo image and your colouring is wonderful. Such great papers too.
I hope you have a lovely weekend too

hugs Sue

Denise said...

Love this one Jules - Teddy Bo is so adorable. Great backing paper and such a cute charm.
Hugs
Denise xx

Tracy said...

Hi Jules
A really fabulous creation, I love this and your image is gorgeous too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Little K Smith said...

Aawwww this is gorgeous Jules, I love the bear and lovely colours too!
Fingers crossed for you for an early Christmas pressie from IKEA ;D
Have a lovely weekend hun :)
Kelly.x

Beryl said...

Well I've never managed to get to an Ikea - hopefully I will one day in the not too distant future - even if it's just for some of those small mirror frames.
Great share tonight. Is it me - or does Mr Bear look at tad surprised at his catch.lol
Have a great weekend. Off to Stone Farmers market for the first time tomorrow with my eldest daughter.
Beryl xx

Mau xx said...

What a super card Jules, Love the image and the nice fresh colours.
Sounds like you had a good shop. look forward to seeing your rustic look.
Sounds like your Craft Pod is well organised as it is :) But I am sure new storage will come sooner or later.
Hugs Mau xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love that paper and charm with this adorable fishing Bo! Super card, Jules. I hate trying to make my way around Ikea. It makes me feel like a sheep being hearded but I LURVE their storage! Christmas is coming...who knows what Santa might bring you! Hugs, Lesley

Sally H said...

Great card, Jules! Love the colours. Sounds like a trip I do fairly regularly, Langley Mill and IKEA!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, sounds like you've had a busy day, albeit frustrating. Ikea gets a lot of crafters that way ... I think we would all like to kit out our craft pods with Scandanavian fixtures and fittings instead of the eclectic mix most of us already enjoy :)

Love this card - I think I'm going to have to invest in that paper and stamp - my daughter and her husband have just taken up fishing as a hobby - and already caught a fair few mackerel too - so the stamp would suit the SIL - I don't suppose they do a lady angler stamp too :)

I can't wait to see what you mean by rustic.

Take care, Elizabeth xx

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Jules. Love the image and the colouring is great. I really like Ikea. Haven't been there for a while. Its so reasonable you just have to buy a few bits and pieces.

Sarah x

Unknown said...

Oh I love those papers Jules, they match the image perfectly . Really bright cheery card x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Jules, love your image and papers

jacqui x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Jules
My Hubby and I always get on, hardly a crossed word in 26 years ...but...every time we visit IKEA the arguments start, Bob loathes the place ,the screaming brats and the bit at the end searching for what you want. Some times you have to bite the bullet though, my craftroom is all IKEA design, cheap and practical.
Love your card, great bear and great design. janex

Shirley said...

Your card is lovely! I love your colouring, layout and the charm is really nice!

x Shirley

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jules. I love the image and perfect backing papers, and the little fish charm is so cute!
Lorraine x

An Occasional Genius said...

This is wonderful Jules, I have missed popping by here but Summer hols have made life busy. Sounds like you had a good day's shopping even if you had to leave the craft storage behind!! Looking forward to the rustic invitations x

rosie said...

gorgeous card Jules. love the image. fab colouring in. stunning layout.

am still looking for the heart!!

thanks for your kind words on my cards too x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Jules well done ,love the fish charm too thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
Big Hugs Elaine

Cynthia said...

Awww, this card made me smile! Love that image and the backing paper too. Have a great weekend!

Sandra Wright. said...

I have been visiting,but blogger has been a nightmare.I'm starting over with a new blog.

I always love your work,this card is delightful,especially as I used to fish ,lol.

Hugs
Sandie xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Jules! Love your colouring of the image and the perfect background paper.

I've waited about nine years to spruce up my craft room - in fact I didn't have a room up until about three years ago. Bit by bit, it's starting to look the part.
xxx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the image and the paper is perfect for it.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

what a fab and fun card perfect colour choice and superbly finished off with the ties/lines lol!!! hugs sassyxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card and image I do like the soft colours you have used
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Perfect fishing bear, perfect for Fathers Day!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Jules, love the image and fab papers!
Helen x