My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

GOSSAMER .. .. AGAIN !!!

Hi Everyone

A lovely sunny day today .. .. yay!!!

I did a "lucky dip" in my Penny Black drawer and this is the image that came out .. .. .. the ever faithful "Gossamer" stamp .. .. AGAIN!!  LOL!!

That is the thing I like about my Penny Black drawer .. .. I can just put my hand in without looking .. .. do a rummage about, grab a stamp and never be disappointed with what comes out!!

So here is today's make:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3865K" Gossamer
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Backing Papers:  GCD Studios "Soul Food"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  "Swiss Dots"
Distress Ink:  Barn Door
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Nestabilities:  Classic Circle
ProMarker, Ribbon, Eyelets and Beads from the Stash Box

I hope you likey, likey.

Off to the washing line again now (sigh!! that will mean even more ironing!!) and then time to get cracking with another batch of favour boxes!!  No rest for the wicked!!!  LOL!!!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Love

33 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Jules

Whatever you come up with from that particular draw will be great and really love the soft colours on this one.

Three more sleeps.

B x

Anonymous said...

what a lovely way to layout a card Jules! I love it!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx mimi

Cynthia said...

LOVE the layers on this one! And I love Penny Black stamps too--you just can't go wrong with them!

Sue said...

Stunning card Jules. Such a beautiful image and looks so great with the embossed petals. Gorgeous papers and fabulous stitching too- keep meaning to try that myself.
I love the sound of your Penny Black lucky dip!

Hugs Sue

Kath said...

Oh yes, really do likey, likey!
Kath x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super idea to emboss the flower and ink it up. A really effective multipurpose card, Jules, and I love it! hugs, Lesley

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jules,love the image and yummy papers.xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely Jules, great stamp and the colours you've used.

I haven't got a Penny Black drawer yet but maybe something to consider :)

jacqui x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous flowers Jules. Love the colours too.
Ok I give up! is that the heart on the brown backing paper above the tallest flower?
Lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, love the stitched detail.

Anonymous said...

Heh Jules

I likey like for sure, love the colours and flower stamp.

We have had sun today too, washing done, ironing pile getting close to the ceiling lol, a woman's work and all that!

Good luck with your favours :)

Take care xx

Victoria said...

These flowers are great run through the embossing folder and the papers are right up my street. I'm puzzling over where the heart is though! Some of the petals looks like hearts?

Debs M said...

ooh tricky...can't find it! x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabby card....love the kraft card and that gorgeous stamp....this is one i think i need.....
Hugs SYLVIE XXX

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Gorgeous card Jules, you have such a fabulous way with colours and patterns that I instantly know your work without seeing your name.

Lovely flower centres on this one too.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Marie-Louise said...

Great card. Love how you have used the embossing folder. I don't use mine nearly enough.

Unknown said...

Oh I really love this one Jules. That stamp is so gorgeous & you have showcased it brilliantly. x

Denise said...

This is beautiful. Such a gorgeous stamp and I love the backing paper. The little seed beads look great too.
Hugs
Denise xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Jules it's gorgeous!! i may have to get that PB stamp love it!!!

Beryl said...

A beautiful stamp indeed and I love the soft coffee colours in the bp's.
Hope you got all the ironing done before you (hopefully) managed to get your feet up.
Beryl xx

Di said...

Wow Jules, yet another fabulous card! Wonderful colours and I do love the stamp - it's familiar so I need to rummage here, unless it's very similar to a couple of others I have maybe? Totally agree about PB stamps always coming up trumps too :)

Love, Di xx

Di said...

Di again, just realised how you used the Swiss Dots folder on the flowers - so flipping clever Jules!! Love, Di xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jules, one of my favourite flower stamps, i think i will have to get mine out again, lv the little beads in the centre of the flower. Lv Janette x

Sarn said...

Beautiful card and one of my favourite images. Love the swiss dots embossing . . . brilliant idea.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

coops said...

so beautiful jules.gorgeous pretty flowers and colours :D

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, just a week to go to the big day really hope the weather is good for it.
A gorgeous card I love your image and those papers look so beautiful with it. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Elizabeth said...

I'm back and love this card ... the colours are just my cuppa tea and I love that stamp. Never thought of doing a lucky dip ... sounds like fun :)

I've been practicing using my sewing machine, sigh! I'm never going to get the tension right :( Your stitching is just so perfect.

Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Tedz said...

I love this card Jules, enjoy your ironing! Pauline xx

MaryH said...

Your papers are so great together and the layout...oh my. Penny Black flowers are always a winner in my book. You did a great job showcasing them with this card. TFS

MaryH said...

PS...I forgot to say: When I retired from the workplace, I pretty much retired from ironing too. Only SPECIAl occasions! I'm a lazy creature. And I HATED ironing. Still do! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Jules!
Helen x

MagsB said...

I think that's my fave PB stamp, it's so versatile! Another lovely card - and the ribbon is so pretty! <3

love Mags B x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Jules, this is such a lovely card.
Avril xx