My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

HAPPY B-DAY

Hi Everyone

I hope today finds you well.

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday .. .. .. it was wedding bells from dawn until dusk and by the time I had finished I decided it was just "too late to post" .. .. .. so I had a relax on the sofa with hubby instead  .. .. where we both nodded off and woke up at gone midnight to go to bed  LOL!! 

So today I am a little earlier to make up for being lazy yesterday and here is my make:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2243K" Bee Costume
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Backing Papers:  Papermania "The Big One"
Woodware Punches
Leone Em Pty Punch:  Ash Branch
ProMarkers and Chalk
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Glamour Dust
Diamond Stickles
Ribbon, Brad and Button from the Stash Box

I am also going to enter this creation into Lisa's Waste Not Wednesday Challenge .. .. a fabby challenge to encourage us all to use up our old and neglected stash.  For me the "old and neglected" part is the paper stack from Papermania.  It is just too, too big .. .. if that can be possible!!  So many pages and taking up far too much room in the little craft pod!!   

Quite a few people commented and emailed about the flowers I put on my Snippet make on Sunday. So in answer to your questions here are a couple of pictures showing what I use and how I make them:

Here are the different elements I have used.
All punches are by Woodware.
Daisy Flowers in two sizes 
and the centre is called Blink Blink (this comes in different sizes but mine is a fraction under 1" across)



Rather than just use the punched flowers flat I like to add a bit of dimension by pinching each petal around the thumbnail on my opposite hand.

I do this to how ever many layers I am adding to my flower and then make a hole through the centre to hold everything together with a brad.


I never actually poke the brad through my card base.  I don't like to see the "legs" inside my card and I don't like the look when I try to cover them up .. .. so I open the brad legs up onto the back of my flower and then stick the flower onto my card using a hot glue gun .. .. though any strong glue would suffice.

So that is me for today.

Dinner break over and back to favour boxes for me.

Enjoy the rest of Tuesday everyone.

Love

37 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooo what a fabulous card love the colours superb hugs sassyxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Jules the colours are so lovely together, love your image and thanks for explaining your flower its great.

jacqui x

Cynthia said...

Oh, I love this one, Jules! The colors are so fun and so perfect! Love the bee--so sweet!! =D

Debs said...

What a stunner!
Love the adorable image and your colouring is gorgeous.
Thanks for the fab flower tutorial too :o)
Have a wonderful day.
Take care
Debs xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Jules - the matching "bee" coloured papers and embellishments are brilliant. Love the flower!
Hope you have recovered from your busy "wedding" day!
Sylvia xx

Sarah said...

Hi Jules

Stunning card! I love the black and the yellow together and the image is adorable. Great flower tutorial aswell.

Talk about being lazy. I am too embarrased to say what time I got up this morning! Since Sam has been off school I've been awful!

Have a great day!

Sarah x

Denise said...

Love this card Jules. That is one cute image and the black and yellow combo is gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

Sue B said...

Wow! what a beautiful card this is Jules.. I love the image and your colouring is just perfection! and wow! really love those papers and the flower, ribbon and little heart button are all gorgeous!! :-)
Hope you have a lovely day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jules, I love the image and the colours are wonderfully coordinating


Hugs Sue

Gibmiss said...

Hi jules
Fabulous card... I must use my flower punches a bit more...,no i am not buying any more ......; and i have all those papers too .... Whos copying who..... Great minds think a like ... But whos.... Is great.... Thrilled with those pictures... Just as i remembered her..... In my mind.......

Will be in Cov on the 23rd Aug.... My customer I used to do her hair ......good friends 90th Birthday.....
you keep working ... No slacking mind you ......
Hugs sylvie xxxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi again
I have all those bling blings in 3 sizes... Hardly used them.... Will dig those out as well...
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the image, he's one cute cat!! Stunning flowers too and I love the little heart button.
Lorraine x

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card Jules have always loved this stamp. Thanks for the flower tutorial. Hugs, Amanda x

Kath said...

A fab card Jules. Thanks for the info on your Sunday flower.
Kath x

coops said...

so stunning jules.i love your colour combo and fab image and details :D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

A beautiful card Jules, love the adorable image and gorgeous colour combo.

Donna x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card. Love that image and the marvellous backing papers.

Sarn said...

LOVE this card Jules x

Little K Smith said...

Aw fabulous card Jules, just adore this PB image and can't believe I haven't got it! ;D Love the papers too and good luck with those favour boxes :)
Kelly.x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Jules! Love the black, white and yellow and your flower looks fab. I quite agree about the papermania 'big one' stack - me and a friend split the pack between us and there's still no hope of ever using it up! Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Jules and fabby colours.
Lynne xxx

Linby said...

Love the colour combo on this fab card. Looking forward to meeting you IRL on Sat!
Linbyx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Wow, gorgeous card Jules.
Sue x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Bee-utiful, Bee-Day card! Love your fab colouring and wonderful flower with the overall black and yellow theme! Hugs, Lesley

M said...

Love your flowers, they always look gorgeous. This card is really cute! M x

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous card and using one of my favourite PB's,

Liz x

Victoria said...

Hope the favour boxes got sorted ok. Fabulous flower and fabulous card. The touch of blusher made me grin :) And I like today's subtle heart!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Jules I love that fun, cute image the colours are gorgeous so is the flower and papers.
hugs
Lorraine x

Di said...

One of my own fave stamps here Jules - you've done a fabulous job as usual - and thanks for the lowdown on the flowers :)

Love, Di xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, what a glorious summery coloured card - love it.
I make flowers like that sometimes and like you never poke the brad legs through the card either.
Cheers, Elaine

Jenny said...

I think that a snooze on the couch is never wasted and we are happy to wait for your cards :)

Fun image and great colour combo too Jules. x

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Jules.
luv
Debby

Beryl said...

Good for you taking time to relax with your hubby.
This card is gorgeous - those papers zing and the flower is fab. Thanks for the tip as to how to make it.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

A brilliant card Jules, love it!
Helen x

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card i love those colours together! thanks Jules for the tut!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, doing a catch-up on your cards and love this card - the stamp is terrific, as are those papers - can a paper stack really be too big!

Admired those flowers too - like you I don't like piercing cards with brads so, unless they are going on to a topper which is going to be attached to a backing, do what you do and adhere with glue gel.

Off to see your more recent cards now :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

MagsB said...

The black and yellow colours are so good on this card!

Thanks for the little tutorial, too - I do just the same with brads, because it never occurred to me to stab them through the card! Much better to fold the legs behind the flower, I think!

love Mags B x