My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

MY TYPE OF FRIEND

Hi Everyone

I hope your day has been good.

Mine has gone well and I have managed quite a few creations today  .. .. which always makes for a good day in my book!!

Whenever I have a few days away from crafting my fingers always itch to create something .. .. but to also use my sewing machine .. .. so today I combined the two.

My creation is also destined for the Snippet Playground Challenge No. 35 .. .. which I missed last week :-(   .. ..  and it got mentioned in dispatches ..  whoops!!!!

I can't play truant for a second week or I will be getting a letter sent to my Mum!!  LOL!!!

So here is my mid week snippet make




and because it isn't Sunday I am not allowed to be lazy .. .. so here is what I used:

Image:  Pink Petticoat "Quirky Qwerty"
Backing Papers:  Snippets from Pink Petticoat "Perfect Papers" (half price if you are looking for a lovely bargain)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using font "Misproject" (the sentiment in the typewriter comes with the PP download).
Nestabilities:  Scalloped Circles and Classic Circles Large
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads  
Ribbon from the odds and ends drawer

Lots of folk have asked me about the nail heads and said they can't find them on the website.  You can see them if you click here.  I used to stick them down using strong glue and a cocktail stick .. .. but once I started  using them lots decided life was too short and I treated myself to the hot fix wand.

Love this typewriter image very much.  Typewriting and sewing lessons used to be my favourite subjects at school but I never got to use a typewriter that was this pretty!!!

OK .. .. off to get organised for tomorrow.  I have a new "happy couple" visiting

Catch you soon

Love

40 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Jules, love that typewriter image and papers

jacqui x

Cynthia said...

Soooo cute, Jules! Love all the different stitches too!

Home sweet home said...

Love your card and the image is so cule love it.
Lovely work:):)

Merethe

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is very cute Jules...adore your cards, it's nice to see you back too...Mel :)

Unknown said...

The sentiment is perfect for this fab image Jules. Love the soft colours you have used x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Jules. Such a great image and I love the papers and the layout. Your stitching always looks so neat, I keep meaning to have a go but not sure how it will turn out!

Hugs Sue

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, great card - love the typewriter which does remind me of the 'toy' typerwriters that were around when I was a child. Typewriting was not my favourite class at school and I blithely thought that it didn't matter because I was never going to work in an office ... oh the irony of it, even in the army I had to master a teleprinter!!! Fortunately for my career, I came to love the keyboard ... and checking out the writing on the paper, there was a time when I could have typed that up too :) Elizabeth xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jules,lovely image and papers.xxx

Donna Mosley said...

A lovely card Jules, love the pretty pinks and the fab typewriter.


Donna x

Viv said...

Great card Jules - have missed seeing your lovely creations! have 'cased' one of yours - not shown it yet but confess to using up the old Ella Blue again - and this time I din't throw the scraps in the bin cos I thought you'd send me to the naughty step!

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the script paper.
Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Heh Jules, great to see you back and creating again! The place hasn't been the same without you :)

Lovely card and colours. My typewriter at school wasn't like that one either and my teacher was having an affair with the chemistry teacher, tut tut!

Have a lovely rest of the week xxx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Jules. The stitching is a lovely finishing touch and I love the image.
Hugs Sharon. x

Vic McGuckin said...

Lovely card Jules.... Really love the colours, layout and image... Great card

Vic x

Victoria said...

I'm pleased life's settling down a little for you at the moment - I guess enjoy it while it lasts! The pink looks great with the neutrals in this card, and I like the stitching with the text.

Denise said...

Beautiful!!! Love that typewriter and the pretty pink.
Hugs
Denise xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jules glad your back, iv'e been missing myself not been to good.Anyhow i love your card it really is gorgeous as always!

Carol said...

Love this Jules, the background looks fabulous. Our typewriters weren't that pretty either lol Carol x

Beryl said...

Super card Jules. I'vebbeen wondering about the nail heads too. My friend in the states sent me something similar but they were on sticky fixers. These look brilliant and I'll definitely be getting some now I know I can. Thanks ofr the link.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jules,
The happy typewriter brings back memories of my schooldays too, loved typing. Love your snippets card too.
Cheers, Elaine

Sarn said...

Wonderful snippets card Jules. Really great image and sentiment.

Have a lovely day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous Jules - lovely colours and I do adore the typewriter - right down to the hearts :)

So glad you had a good break, we missed you.

Yup, I also got the hot wand (after copying you with the nail heads of course) - have finally learned to check the head of wand is tightly screwed on before switching on :( Duh!!

Love, Di xx

Crafting Queen said...

Super card, love the stitched detail on the card.

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.really love the image and sentiment and fab pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Roma said...

Excellent card & the perfect sentiment to compliment it x

Janette said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card, lovely images and papers, love it. Janette xx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Jules. Love the typewriter and the sentiment.

MaryH said...

Aw, who'd a-thought of a pink-trimmed typewriter???Found the hearts...and this is SO cute! Being an office rat for so many yrs til computers got on the scene, I have a warm fuzzy spot for typewriters. I never had one as pretty as this one though. Perfect with the notebook paper background. TFS

Irene said...

Beautiful Jules, all soft and girlie.
luv
irene
xxxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jules.
Sue x

Tedz said...

Lovely pink card Jules, the typewriter takes me back a few years!! Very nice to see you back in Blogland. Pauline xx

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Jules, fab papers and brilliant stitching!
Helen x

Sally said...

I love this PP image & must get it! It's a smashing card Jules with pretty papers & ribbon.
Welcome back.
Sally x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfect sentiment for this perfect card! Fab stitching! Hugs, Lesley

Darnell said...

Stunning, Jules! I've pinned it! Move to the head of the class and big hugs for the linkie!!

Amanda said...

Nice to see you back and with a gorgeous creation too. You really are a bad influence on my purse, I have been umming and ahhing over these pp papers and now I have to buy them lol. Hugs, Amanda x

Mrs A. said...

Pushed my nose right up to the screen and now Iv'e got typewriter ribbon over it but can't spot the heart! Love the design. Hugs Mrs A.

MagsB said...

I love the pretty typewriter - and the apt sentiment, too!

love Mags B x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jules and such a gorgeous soft colour too Hugs Elaine

Liz Armstrong said...

Fabulous Jules. And very pretty : )
Liz
xx