My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 21 January 2011

COUGH, COUGH!!!

Hi Everyone

Well the House of Hearts is a House of Germs at the mo!!

Those lovely germs that my hubby was trying so hard not to share with me have decided to rear their ugly heads again .. .. so hubby is battling with them again .. .. ..  and now I have then too!!  I didn't need them!!!  He didn't have to share!!!

What a pair we are.  Cough, cough, cough .. .. so much coughing going on that our muscles and sides hurt!!

Oh well, hopefully it will be shorted lived.  Thankfully the weekend is here for hubby to stay in the warm (he must feel mega rough as he has given his football ticket away for someone else to use .. .. and it is the match of the season!!!).

Tonight he needed to take a detour home as there had been a bad accident on the dual carriageway .. .. .. only for him to call me to say he had got a puncture and someone would be with him in 45 mins!!!  By the time he got home he was well frozen and not a happy chappie at all!!

So I came to the rescue with a mug of hot tea and ran a bath for him .. .. hope he doesn't expect any more spoiling .. . that is enough to be going on with LOL!!

Today's share is just a quick make I'm afraid



This used:

Image:  Crafty Individuals "CI-207" Leaves and Flowers
Sentiment:  Unmounted Stamp Company:  "BD-FR-01" Word Frame
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Distress Inks:  Barn Door
Glamour Dust
Ribbons from the Stash Box


Tomorrow is the last day of the blog hop for Penny Black at Allsorts.  If you haven't had a "hop" yet then you are running out of time!!!  If you want to play .. .. but haven't .. .. then your start from here and there is still time to enter the challenge too.

Also over at Get Funky! today it is the turn of my lovely teamie Loopy Lou to share her lovely creation for the "Going Round in Circles" challenge.  You can find Lou's lovely make here.

Well, hopefully over the course of the weekend I will have chance to catch up with some of the lovely creations my blog buddies have been making over the course of this week whilst I have been away.

I have been really good and stayed away from blogland in order to get on top of my orders and DT work .. .. nearly there .. .. but not completely.  Oohhh it has been so hard not to click about the place seeing what everyone has been up to LOL!!!. 

Have a good evening everyone.

Love

27 comments:

Juls said...

what a shame!!! hope you are feeling better soon! Love your silhouette stamping, gorgeous card! Hugs Juls

pinky said...

I wish I would learn not to click so much lol, so much work to do so using blogging as avoidance therapy lol. Hope you both feel better soon:( Love the card, great colour scheme Jules. Have a good weekend.

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Jules, love the colours and stamps you've used - that happy birthday frame looks fab :o) Hope you feel better soon! Lisa x

Tracy said...

Hi Jules,
I hope you and your hubby feel much better soon. I love this creation, absolutely beautiful. I love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

Stunning, Jules! I love the soft colours and that gorgoeus little frame!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your germ ridden Jules! (lovely way to put it? LOL *tents house and quaratines you*)
Hope you feel beter soon, gotta hate flus and colds, they are my pet peeve for sure!

Meanwhile this card is gorgeous, loving the stamps and the colour!!! Love the idea of the sentiment around the smaller cutout stamped image!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Jacee said...

Love the card Jules, the colour is lovely.

Sorry to hear about the cough, hope it soon goes, they drive you potty don't they? Take care of yourself, Hugs Jacee

Scrappymax said...

This is a real stunner Jules. Sorry to hear you both have the dreaded bug I've managed to avoid it so far lets hope they continue to stay away.
Max x

Loopylou. said...

well now jules if that is a quicky it is a very gorgeous quicky hun, love the colours. get well soon germy peeps!! hugs Lou xxx

Fleur said...

Wow Jules its gorgeous, Hope you both feel better very soon
Hugz fleur xXx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love the colour scheme and the stamps are magic. xoxo zoe

Doreen said...

Oh gosh sorry to hear you and hubby are feeling ruf. lets hope it is short lived.Your card Jules is nothing short of gorgeous I love that stamp.xxx

lisa said...

Poor you both Jules. I hope The house of hearts is feeling much better very soon.
Your card is beautiful. The shaded flowers work so well. Good Luck with everything you have to do, it feels good when everything is up to date doesn't it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Lisax

craftimamma said...

Oooh I don't envy you and your OH Jules. I've had the bugs for over a week now too. Can't say I've been really poorly but the cough is so annoying and totally exhausting. As you say, it don't half make your tummy muscles hurt. Hmm, wonder if it's toning them up?!?

Your card Jules, might be quick (wouldn't be if I were making it, Lol) but it sure is lovely. In fact, it's striking with that colour combo and I love the stamping.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Jules, love it, its very srtiking. Hope the cough is getting better. xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, well for a quick card this is so amazing, love the pretty stamps and fab inking. The sentiment you've created is lovely, great idea.

Donna x

Vicky said...

Another beauty Jules! Gorgeous stamp and layout :o)

Hope you are feeling a little better hun!

Hugs Vicky xx

AnneW said...

Hi Jules, lovely card as usual. Sorry you're not too good - I've had it too but not badly thank goodness. Can't believe hubby is missing THE match - he must be ill!! (fingers crossed for the right result!) We got stuck in traffic yesterday too, took us 1hr 15m to get home from the city - normally takes 20mins. Get well soon. Love Anne xx

Maureen said...

This is a gorgeous card Jules I love the colours...my birthday is on...LOL...only kidding....LOL !! Hope you and your hubby are feeling better soon.

Pauline said...

Hi Jules, love the colour combo. Red's fav colour. May have to acquire that sentiment stamp...

Hope you and hubby are feeling better soon. As you know I had a nasty chest infection over Christmas. Hubby must be bad to miss a match! If you can't get to sleep because of the coughing try the following, it really does work:

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp water

Mix it all up and take a few teaspoons before going to bed. I can't claim credit it for it. I found it online one night between Christmas and New Year when I was desparate not to be coughing and for some sleep. A work colleague tried it too and gave it the thumbs up.

Hugs, Pauline xx

Lynne K said...

Oh, dear, poor you! I hope you're both feeling much better very soon. The card is gorgeous. I love the way you've spotlighted the flower head in the frame and then echoed it in the background - very effective. xx

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card Jules - love it! Hope you and hubby are feeling better soon xx

coops said...

fantastic card jules.love the fab images and gorgeous colours.
i hope you and your other half are feeling better soon :D

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules this is one gorgeous card, I love the colour choice and your image is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Jules this is one very beautiful creation I adore the images you have used and the design is superb, I have found this so inspirational, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Very, very pretty. I'm inspired! Hope hubby is better soon! Hugs, Lesley

Little K Smith said...

Oohh this is beautiful! Just love the image and distressing too!
Kelly.x