My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 22 January 2011

QUICK SHARE AND A LAUGH !!

Hi Everyone

Just a very quick share tonight and a laugh at my expense!!

As reported last night hubby and I are currently living in the "House of Germs".

Well last night I decided that in order for us to at least get some sleep I would spend the night in the spare bed .. .. wow!!! ... what a beautiful night's sleep I had.  I woke up so refreshed it was unbelievable.

When hubby got up he walked past the spare room to get to the bathroom.  He looked at the unmade bed and laughed saying "Oh .. .. you stayed on Ward 2 last night did you?"  LOL!!

Anyway, we managed to get appointments with a doctor today.  Hubby has been given some antibiotics and me .. .. well .. .. I have managed to get shingles!!!  Lucky me!!

I noticed a few little spots towards the beginning of the week and mistakenly took them for insect bites.  I had managed to dry some washing outside and assumed that a little "biter" must have nestled into my bra!!!  You wouldn't believe the amount of bite cream I have been plastering on myelf LOL!!!

By last night these spots were spreading and had begun to hurt .. .. which I decided couldn't be right .. ..  now I know why.  But of course now I have left them too long for any medication to stop them multiplying so I will just have to see how I go. 

Anyway, just a quick share today .. .. very simple and straightforward .. but one I like.  I love this image and I also love sentiment background paper.  So the two go together perfectly for me.

 

This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2071J" A Scholar!!
Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Diamond Stickles
ProMarkers
Ribbon from the Stash Box

OK .. .. that is me for today.

I will be back tomorrow with my Penny Black at Allsorts Blog Hop winner (don't worry I'm not posting anything out .. .. prizes will come to the lucky winner via Brenda - our challenge leader and Anice my Funky Hand boss .. .. so you won't need to worry about catching any germs from the House of Hearts!!).

Plus it will also be week 3 on my own personal challenge to banish my scrap.  So only scrap paper in use tomorrow .. .. wonder what I will make??!?!?  Even I don't know yet LOL!!!

Have a lovely evening everyone.. .. .. .. think I might sleep on Ward 2 again tonight.  I fancy another good night's kip!!  LOL!!!

See you tomorrow

Love

18 comments:

Doreen said...

Your card is fabulous. I am so sorry you have shingles.I hope it clears up quickly for you.xxx

Jennifer said...

Ouch! Hope you don't suffer too much Jules! Lovely card, great image and l/o. Hugs.....Jenny xx

Anonymous said...

Oh , poor you . Never had the shingles but hear they can last for a while. Take things easy . By the way I found the heart(s) but you didn't make it easy this time did you.
x Tricia

Anonymous said...

Love this, it's just perfect; fab image and background. Poor you (and hubby). Lots of staff at school have been off with shingles too and I know it can be very painful for weeks. Get well soon xxxx

lisa said...

Oh Jules. how horrible. You need to take care of yourself. My neighbour has Shingles at the minute and has been so poorly. She's normally so fit and active and it's been shocking to see her laid so low. Love to you both and a speedy recovery.
He looks a very happy hedgy, I wonder what he's graduated in. It's a great card as always.
Hugs Lisax

Whisper said...

Ooo fabby image and papers.

Oh i do hope you and hubby feel better soon, Luv Sam x

Tracy said...

You've made me smile Jules with your ward 2. Sorry to hear you've got shingles, hope things improve soon.
Love your creation, that image is fab.
Happy craftibng
Tracy x

Fleur said...

Oh poor you Jules, hope you both get better soon
Gorgeous card ~ as always
Hugz Fleur xXx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Shingles! Oh no! Poor you! Seriously hope you feel much better very very soon!
And I love your card! It's so celebratory! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome card Jules!!! Such a happy hedgehog... now I wonder what his schooling would involve... foraging 101? LOL Yeah These are the things I think of when I see these images!

and WOW You are totally in the wars my friend, guess I wasn't far off with my previous comment of quarantine, methinks that will be next if you keep finding things wrong!!!

You take care, sleep tight... dont let the bed bugs bite! Ok enough from me, I'll leave it there!

cebelica said...

What a great card! I love the little hedgehog and the paper you used for the background is awesome too. It might be simply, but it's perfect!

Vicky said...

Oh poor you hun, hope it's not too painful Jules and how are you sleeping in ward 2 lol!!
I love having a bed to myself sometimes, all that yummy space to myself Mmmmmmmmmmmm, and no snoring hehehe!!
Anyway, another gorgeous creation and loving your sweet image too ahhhhhhhhh..

Take care hun and I hope it settles down soon :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Sally H said...

Oh dear, Jules! I hope you are okay and the shingles doesn't last too long. Love your card, and I may well join in with your scrap Sunday later. There is a little pile of scraps that really coordinate on my table all ready!

Nicola said...

Jules how unlucky are you!! Hope your feeling better soon. Loving the card though. Hugs Nicola xx

coops said...

oh dear jules, fancy getting yourself shingles,i hope you manage to get rid of them soon.
love your card today.the backing paper is brilliant and great image :D
get well soon :D

xx coops xx

Jacee said...

Nice card Jules, what a cute little creature he is!

Sorry to hear about the shingles, I hope the meds soon get to grips with it, I know it can be painfull. look after yourself (and hubby)
Hugs Jacee

Little K Smith said...

Oh Jules, sorry to hear you've got shingles, hope it clears very soon.
This is a lovely card, adore the little hedgie and fab paper too.
Take care.
Kelly.x

mckinkle said...

Such a great card Jules but oh what awful news. I do hope you get through it all asap and with as little splotches as possible.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Keryn x