My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 16 January 2011

SUNDAY SCRAP DAY 2

Hi Everyone

Well here I am again continuing on my mission to use up the scrap papers I manage to create!!! 

People seemed surprised last week that I had accumulated so much scrap LOL!!!  .. .. .. but in my defence I would like to say that those scraps have been building up now for 3 years and the drawers I use are not huge big things .. .. they are fairly small in fact - I think the photograph just made them look bigger than they are (well that's my story and I am sticking to it LOL!!!).

So three years of building it up .. .. it had better not take that long to get rid of them again!!!

Anyway, my mission continues by following my Scrap Sunday Rules which I set myself when I started out this quest last week were:

1. No cutting into any new sheet of design paper .. .. only pages that have chunks already taken out of them can be used.

2. No cutting into new sheets of coloured card for matting and layering .. again only those with chunks taken out can be used.

3. No taking ribbon off a reel

4. No stamping or printing off of images and colouring them .. .. only paper-piecing is allowed

5. Embellishments are allowed .. .. but if I am able to make the embellishments from scrap so much the better.

Another rule is being added this week
6.  Printed or stamped sentiments are allowed as I do think I need to include these

This week's Scrap Sunday offering is here




This used:

Image:  Is an Anita's stamp that I have stamped and cut out three times and layered up
Fiskars Punch:  Threading Water
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Stylized Flowers

Leone Em Pty Punch: "CP30" Ash BranchAll papers and card from the scrap drawers.. yay!!!  .. .. .. no whole and complete sheet of paper or card was harmed in the making of this creation -therefore mission accomplished LOL!!!!!
Josy Rose:  Acrylic Stones
Diamond Stickles


 
Quite a few of you thought that my self inflicted rules were a good idea for getting scrap used up .. .. it seems to be something that the majority of us has hanging around.

Annmaree .. .. who herself took the challenge on and made a gorgeous Sunday Scrap card which you can find hereThanks for sharing Annmaree .. .. I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself .. .. though you don't have quite as much scrap to get rid of as I do LOL!!!

I was also contacted by another lady Mrs Miles who left me a message to say

"HA! You and I think along the same lines. I have "inherited" 99% of my supplies so its always like this for me. Actually, I've taken a 12 x 12 scrapbook album and inserted paper in the seperate pages (turning each page into a pouch)- sorted by colors. So, a page with SOLID red, then the opposite side PATTERNED reds. and so on. Yes, the book is big and bulky but I keep it standing up and its so easy to find what I need.

Mrs Miles emailed me a photograph of her album which she was happy for me to share with you all .. .. I think it is a good way to store your scrap as it is so well organised and colour co-ordinated.  Love it that plain and patterned papers are separated.  Mine are all mixed together in the one drawer.

Anyway .. .. here are the photographs and thank you for the inspiration Mrs Miles.



Good idea don't you think?

My post of last week (you can find it here) also came in useful for making people feel much better about themselves as they didn't have as much scrap as I do (sadly I save the smallest of pieces and hardly anything goes into my bin) .. .. .. in fact one person actually dragged her husband along to see "just how much I actually had !!!".  But I feel no shame .. .. my scrap is a direct result of masses of crafting and thriftiness LOL!!!

So that is me for today.

A little more scrap used up .. ..  LOL!!!

Have a lovely rest of Sunday.

Love

15 comments:

Maureen said...

Great card Jules...love the rules you've laid out for yourself...I'm thinking I should take a leaf out of your book because I too have so much scrap that I need to use up.

Lynsey said...

Thanks for more inspiration for using up scraps Jules!
Hugs Lynsey x

Vicky said...

Another gorgeous creation Jules! Have you made a dent yet lol! Love the flower and fab embossing too, and I dare not show you my Scrap, far to embarrassing lol!

Hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, love the gorgeous card, the colour combo is fab and I love the charm. What a fantastic idea with the scrap storage. I know what I will be doing tommorrow.

Donna x

Juls said...

Hi Jules.....I have been looking forward all day to popping by and seeing what you did with your scraps.....and yet another stunner your flower is amazing...

I was baby sitting today and the kids wanted to make books...even though I only let them use my scraps and they went through masses...I cant see a difference!!!!! LOL!!!!!

I am always on a mission to use my scraps, so I will def be joining you in future Sundays!!

Big Hugs
Juls

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the layered image.

Nikki x

lisa said...

Looks like your starting something here Jules. Your card is stunning. I love that flower creation.
I'm afraid I forgot and as I am doing a scrapbook LO at the minute have used lots of new supplies, maybe next weekend!!!
Hugs Lisax

mckinkle said...

Love your beautiful scrap card Jules! Another great creation as always!

The sense of satisfaction after making a great scrap card sure outweighs the normal feeling!

I look forward to joining you in your challenge!

Keryn x

Sally H said...

Fab card, Jules! I have at least spent my Sunday finishing a couple of cards started ages ago. I only printed out one tiny bit of backing paper. Hope you had a great weekend. I'm taking a pile of 'bits' in to school for our craft day on Wednesday, but I'm guessing I have just as much as you!

Anonymous said...

totally awesome card, can't believe its from scraps!

Gonna give this a try again today!!!

LOVE the idea for the scraps in the folder!

Nicola said...

Great card Jules and loving the flower you made. Wha t a great way to store you scraps of paper. I too made a card using scrap paper and some nice wrapping paper I keep from my birhtday back in November... Will post later today.Hugs Nicola xx

Cynthia said...

I love your card--that flower is fabulous!

I use an accordion file for my scraps, the kind used for monthly bills and receipts--but that scrapbook idea is ingenious! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Pauline said...

Wow Jules...amazing what you can create with a few scraps. Love the card. Hugs, Pauline x

Doreen said...

Another gorgeous scrap card.I am going to have to join in here.xxx

Carole Campanile said...

Wow .. gorgeous card Jules. Even using scraps your cards are fabulous.

I am pleased to tell you I played along with you this week. My posted three cards tonight and the Sunday Scrap card is the second one down.

Now on the the Penny Black challenge. :D