My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 18 January 2011

GET FUNKY! - GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES

Good morning all!!!

I am bright and early today as promised.

Today it is my turn to post over at the new look Get Funky! Challenge where this month we are following Allison's theme of "Going Round in Circles".

I made a circular easel card for my interpretation of the challenge.










This used:

Image and sentiment:  Funky Hand "Our Betty .. Love 'N' That" Stamp Set
Backing Papers:  Funky Hand Download "Hearts and Flowers"
Nestabilities:  Standard Circles Large, Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Leone Em Pty Punch: "CP30" Ash Branch
Ribbon, Button, Cord and Gems from the Stash Box

The flower on my creation is actually provided for you on the download .. .. it is just a case of cutting round the outline of the flowers and layering them up .. .. a lovely finished look don't you think?  There are more flowers on the download .. .. these are just the three I decided to use.

The hearts are part of the stamp set and I have paper pieced these with the Hearts and Flowers download.

If you pop over to Get Funky! you will see that I have also posted a tutorial on how I made my easel card .. .. .. hope you find it useful.

I also hope that you might get chance to join in the challenge - you do need to use one Funky Hand product on your creation .. .. be this paper, digi image or stamped image .. .. but if you don't have any at the moment then Anice has provided a freebie paper for you to download and use.  My Get Funky! post will direct you to it.

We have changed how the challenge looks over at Get Funky now and the Funkettes each post throughout the  month on different days so that the inspiration is on-going.  Great idea don't you think?  My lovely teamie Lou will be the next one to be posting on Friday.

Have a brilliant Tuesday everyone.

Love

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous as usual Jules.Have a great day.xxx

Lizzy said...

WOW this is stunning! luv the design...luv the lush colour ...luv everything it's gorgeous :D

xx Lizzy xx :)

Anonymous said...

this is awesome Jules, totally love the purple card, my favourite colour! Love the added green, cool colour combo!

Fleur said...

Jules, this is gorgeous, that flower is simply stunning
Hugz fleur xXx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, its a good job you put the message on top I was going to go, love this card what a clever design, love the ribbon holding the front easel, its a stunning card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Juls said...

this is so funky!!!! I love the cluster of hearts and that gorgeous ribbon! Hugs Juls

Loopylou. said...

ooooh i love this card jules and that flower is so pretty, that scruchie ribbon is fabulous too. hugs Lou xxx

Allison said...

ooh this is so lovely Jules
AllisonX

Jacee said...

Love this Jules, such lovely bright papers and that flowers is gorgeous!
hugs Jacee

coops said...

oooo wow!! this is fantastic jules.love the fab shape and gorgeous pleated ribbon and colours :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie in gorgeous colours big hugs love pops x x x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules this is beautiful, love the purple, love the flower, love the ruffled ribbon. Just love it!

Donna x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulously funky. Splendid flower and ribbon treatment! Hugs, Lesley

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Jules this is stunning what beautiful colours and that flower is stunning, this ribbon looks amazing this I love so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Jules firstly thank you for your lovely comments very much appreciated. This card is a stunner. Loving the colours and flowers you have used. Nice to see a card that isn't square I always seem to do them that shape and need to move out of my comfort zone... Hugs Nicola xx