My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

A LOVELY NEW FIND

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a good day.

Mine turned out much better than I was expecting!!

Yesterday I was working away in my little craft pod when my Cuttlebug C plate gave out an almighty crack whilst being wound through my Cuttlebug.  It has done years of service and has been used nearly every day since I got the machine .. .. but for some reason I never, ever expected to have to replace this plate.  The B plates are quite often replaced .. .. but never the C plate.  So panic!!  Jules has no spare!!

So a quick search on the internet threw up a place where the prices were good (I ordered C and B plates whilst I was at it) and free delivery too!!!  Champion!!

So I threw the plates into my basket and also noticed a section for the Marianne D Range of craft products.  My little crafting friend Helen had a gorgeous snowflake stencil from this lady so I thought I would have a little wander through that section too and see what else was available .. .. and I came across some gorgeous little stamps.

This is one I decided "needed" to go into my basket .. .. .. how cute is this?!?!?!?






So two cards .. .. one for the boys and one for the girls LOL!!!

These used:

Image:  Marianne Design "CO9607"
Backing Papers:  For the Girl card:  Pink Petticoat - for the Boy card:  Aimee Asher
Sentiment:  Computer generated

Nestabilities: Standard Circles Large, Classic Scalloped Circles LargeWoodware Punches:  Daisy
Sizzix Die:  #7 Buttons
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Stampendous!:  Fun Flock
Diamond Stickles

ProMarkers
Ribbon and Wool from the Stash Box

I think that ewe looks so cute and snuggly in that lovely jumper!!

So as you can tell my delivery landed with me very quickly.  What great service.  Thank you Cutting Edge Crafts!!!  (not sure whether I should mention or not that there is a great sale on over there at the mo!!!).

I really thought that because the prices were so good, and my postage was free, I would be waiting for a good few days for my package to arrive when in reality I ordered mid-afternoon yesterday and my goodies were with me this morning.  Woo hoo!!!

No having to nurse my poorly C Plate any longer .. .. .. just look at the poor little fella .. .. he has made it through the day though  .. .. .. .. just!!!  LOL!!!


 
Have a good evening everyone.

Love  

25 comments:

Whisper said...

What a super cute image, and i love how you have done 2 versions of the same stamp too, Luv Sam x

Doreen said...

Two superb cards Jules,your image is super cute!!! maybe I should get some spare b plates mine are looking rough I would hate to be without them,I just might wander over to that shop.xxx

lisa said...

I have used this company for years, Jules, they always give excellent service and have great prices. I'm glad you found your c plate.
Love the cards too, what a great image.
hugs Lisax

Vicky said...

What a sweetie of a image Jules! Just love him/her and gorgeous papers too. Wow, breaking a C plate!, blimey never come across anyone doing that before lol!, but such fantastic delivery and free P&P, might have to do a little shopping hehehe. Well you asked me about my pins, What I normally do is tuck them behind a ribbon or under some flowers so (fingers crossed) nobody hurts themselves. Or I take them out and keep them for me after I take my piccies lol, so don't tell anyone!!

Anyway, rambled to long, have a great evening and hope you are feeling loads better!

Hugs Vicky xx

Alison said...

Those are very cute cards! I have always had great service from Cutting Edge Crafts too.

Juls said...

to to cute!!! Love these adorable images!!!...the fibre you have used ties in perfectly!!! Love the 2nd one with the fab pink colours!!! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two cuties, Jules! Fab papers and I love the wool as string! Hugs, Lesley

Netty said...

Loving your ewes........Cutting Edge is certainly a great place to shop, love it. Annette x

craftimamma said...

What a coincidence Jules. I wrecked my extended cutting plates cutting out dozens of the TH rosettes for Jenna's wedding stuff so was searching for some replacements on Saturday, placed an order (along with a few other bits and bobs which just happened to fall into my basket) and they arrived Tuesday morning! Where from? ......... Cutting Edge Crafts!!!! It's the first time I've used them too.

Love both your cards and the little sheep is just great. What a lucky find!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Hope you and Hubby are starting to feel a bit better.

Claire said...

Beautiful cards, and these papers are so nice.
Yes they are a brilliant company, I've used them in the past and they are good on postage as well for Ireland, just the true amount and not some ridiculous figure some firms charge.
Oh I've been in the plate breaking pickle as well,and it always happens when you need it most, I always have spare plates now for my Big Shot.
Claire xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Awww Jules he is super cute what a great choice you made and love that sentiment both these look super
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Jules you and I are so alike, I cracked my c plate COMPLETELY off on one third of it there, and have beeen using 2/3rds of a c plate for months, just never dare admit it to anyone lol.

I've been looking for the longer 12" plates, but they are so darn expensive down here!

I LOVE the sheepy! so cute!!!

Nikbee said...

Wonderful cards. I love the image.

Nikki x

Lexxie said...

And I thought my plates were bad lol (my latest blog entry refers!!)
Love your cute little lambs, reminds me that Spring is in the air,
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog recently Jules,
Love Sarita xx

pinky said...

Think my plates are in just as bad a condition Jules:( Loving your cute little stamps, definitely a good buy. You will get lots of use out of these little sheep:)

Kathy said...

Cutting Edge are just the bees knees for all things die-cutting - and so quick too.
Ewe really nailed it with these cards, Jules.
Anyone got the mint sauce?????

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a very cute find,thought it was a poodle at first glance on my blog thumbnail, they are a bit simlar lol..
2 very lovely cards. janex

Jacee said...

Two lovely cards Jules, 'ewe've' done a great job with these!!
Hugs Jacee

Steph said...

Hi Jules!! I LOVE that stamp! How cute?! He looks like Sean The Sheep! And I adore the wool you've used. Really love the 3d look of the flower on the second card too. Hope you are well xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creations sweetie, fab image in a gorgeous colour scheme, big hugs love Pops x x x

coops said...

gorgeous cards jules.the little stamp is so sweet and i love how you have done the fluffly fleece.
great papers and layouts too :D

xx coops xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous cards! Love that sheep. I broke my C plate too! Got a new one from eBay for £7.99 (+£1.20 postage) which I thought was quite a bargain. I'm being very careful with the new one! xx

Sally H said...

What a great stamp! I'm off to check out cutting edge crafts now. My current B plates are on their last legs!

Unknown said...

what a brill image - I love the sheep....

When my c plate did exactly the same - I nearly had a heartattack - I thought i'd broken the machine at first... Anyhow - now in two separate pieces, I use mine to put glue on if i'm using wet glue for anything - and when dry it peels off like a dream ready to be used next time... waist not, want not don't they say???

Paula x xx

Little K Smith said...

Aaaawww these are sooo sweet! Love the 2 different styles and love the wooly bits on the top card too!
Kelly.x