My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 3 January 2011

SKETCH AND STASH - CHALLENGE 52

Hi Everyone

Well Christmas has been packed away.  Boo hoo!!!  Everywhere looks dull and boring again without all my little fairy lights!!

All the boxes are all stacked up on the landing waiting to be stashed away.

To soften the blow of all this sadness I have had a little crafting session and decided to join in a new challenge for me .. .. .. Sketch and Stash.

Here is what I made:




This used:

Image:  The Greeting Farm "Geisha Anya"
Backing Paper:  Hot Off The Press "7235" Classic Creative Pack
Nestabilities:  Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle
Martha Stewart Punch:  Doily Lace
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Diamond Stickles
Ribbon and charm from the stash box

Here is the sketch I followed.



The idea of the challenge is to use new or neglected stash and say what on your creation is the new or neglected item and if possible where you bought it from.

Not sure which category my lovely Geisha Girl falls into.  She was new a while ago .. .. but has sat unused (shame on me) so she is sort of "new and neglected"  .. ..  oh I feel really sorry for her now and she looks so lovely now she has been put to use!!!

I bought her from Dies to Die For quite a few months ago.

My next task is to go and seek out the ironing that I hid over Christmas.  I need to get some done ready for hubby returning to work tomorrow.  Back to earth with a bang now after all the Christmas chill .. .. .. and to add insult to injury it will also mean setting the alarm clock tonight ready for tomorrow morning!!!   Eekkk!!!

A bit up to my neck at the moment so may not get to your blogs until later tonight.  Sorry!!  Ironing and kitchen duties are calling.

Also, I would like to share some exciting news.  The lovely Anice over at Funky Hand is looking for some additional DT members.  So if you fancy being part of the friendliest DT "EVER" pop over to here tomorrow where Anice will be explaining how to apply.

There are lots of exciting things happening at Funky Hand this year .. .. if you fancy being part of it all then why not apply .. .. you never know .. .. we could end up being DT buddies as well as blog buddies.  Woo hoo!!

Have a good evening everyone.

Catch you later, later.

Love

22 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Jules,absolutely love love love your card,great image and papers and fabulous colouring:)

hope you join us again in a fortnight,thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Jacee said...

Super card Jules, love the little charm.

I've got rid of all evidence of Xmas today too, good to be back to normal if I'm being honest.

Vicky said...

Hiya Jules!

Have you got over the trauma yet??, I have a set of fairy lights over my ceiling hanger in my kitchen ( you hang your pans from it )and leave them up all year!,looks sooooo pretty on these dull/dark days :o)

Anyway enough rambling lol, your card looks stunning hun! love the sweet geisha girl and those colours are scrummy and I love the little charm too.

Hugs Vicky xx

Pop's Cards said...

What a gorgeous image and great colours, loving the papers, big hugs love Pops x x x

Doreen said...

I love your card Jules I love the image and the key charm.
I was playing catch up with the ironing this afternoon,what a chore I think all material should be non iron.xxx

Tracey T said...

Happy New Year, Jules! This is a fab card - I love the Geisha image. My decorations are coming down tomorrow ready for me and Gregor going back to school on Wednesday. Still, it'll soon be Easter! Hugs, Tracey x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Awwww poor Geisha girl.....Jules how could you neglect such a gorgeous stamp lol To be honest i think we are all guilty of that.....im for one certainly am, just been tidy up my stash and found some stamps i forgot i had, we are such naughty girls lol

Best stop waffling lol your card is gorgeous hunni...just perfect :o)

Happy new year!!
hugs and xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this is one very beautiful card, that image is absolutely gorgeous, your colouring is perfect, especially her hair, I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

craftimamma said...

Ah, she's lovely Jules and I love the rich colours you've used. Perfect for this little image.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jill said...

hi Jules Happy New Year hun, aww I hope you get to have your craft stuff back soon, it must be so hard for you, love your gorgeous card the image is adorable and I love the little key charm so cute thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Julie said...

Fabulous card Jules, what a great image and I love your papers!! Juliexx

Juls said...

fab, love the oriental theme...and the charm is just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, gorgeous card. Love the cute geisha and fab key charm.

Donna x

Tracy said...

I love your Geisha, she's a sweetie. The charm is gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

awesome challenge idea!!!

LOVE your card, love that stamp and colors!

coops said...

wow love this card jules.the image is gorgeous and i love the fab layout and bold colours and the little charm is the perfect finishing touch :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

"Ah so" velly, velly pretty! Hugs, Lesley

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, wow youve really done a brilliant job of that card to the sketch, it looks stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Delphine said...

Another gorgeous card, Jules! I love the image you have used, great papers, and gorgeous papers! The layout is perfect and very elegant as always! And thank you for your lovely comment, it means a lot to me:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

XxJULESxX said...

another gorgeous card Jules!

Beryl said...

Great use of the sketch and a delightful image - I'm sure now she's had one outing she'll be getting some more soon.
Hope the alarm wasn't too much of a shock this morning.
Beryl xx

Deborah Frings said...

I love the Japanese girl - so beautifully coloured. Great card!