My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 30 January 2011

SUNDAY SCRAP - WEEK 4

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a lovely Sunday.  We have had some lovely sunshine here today .. .. but it has been very cold and the washing was determined not to dry outdoors.

Of course Sunday in the House of Hearts now means that I am only allowed to play with scraps.  Scrap bits of paper, card and ribbon etc in the hope of reducing the ever increasing scrap stocks.  Lots of links and clicking about in this post .. .. but well worth it!!!  Lots of lovely inspiration for us all to share.  I hope you enjoy it.

I have made a couple of cards today with my scraps (although calling them scraps makes them sound like they are rubbish .. when clearly they aren't .. .. otherwise we wouldn't be able to make something lovely from them would we.  Perhaps I should think of another name for them LOL!!):





The above used:

Scrap papers, card and ribbon
Sentiment:  Lili Of The Valley

Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Diamond Stickles
Flower Buds from the stash box




This one used:

Sentiment:  Elzybells
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Swiss Dots
Shapeabilities:  Doodle Parts
Martha Stewart Punch:  Traditional Scallop
Sizzix Die:  Tattered Florals
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Distress Ink pad:  Frayed Burlap
Brads from the Stash Box
All Card, Paper and Ribbon from the Scrap Piles

I am really pleased with the flowers on this last one as they were actually made out of an old yellow envelope that had made its way into my scrap drawers for some reason.  I distressed it with distress ink and ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder.  

It has been a brilliant week for finding new things to do with scrap.  Most being courtesy of my lovely blog buddy Annmaree who is becoming a real scrap star!!!

She has forwarded a couple of links for me to share with you that give great ideas for using up scrap .. .. though I am not sure I have the patience to try everything featured here.

Annmaree also sent a link to a fantastic YouTube video which features a brilliant use of scraps called the "Herringbone Technique".  I had thought of paper weaving and was ready to give that a try .. .. but think this technique is far more exciting and a much more interesting finished look.  See for yourself  here.  You also need to check out Annmaree's blog as she has created her own scrap card today using this technique.  You can find that here.  (Can't wait to give this one a try myself).

Annmaree is turning into quite a scrap use disciple and is always on the look out for ways we can use all our bits up .. .. well done Annmaree .. .. you are doing a great job - thank you from all of us for coming up with such brilliant ideas.

Carole is also becoming an avid "user up of scrap" and she made the most amazing card from her scrap this week.  Such a fantastic idea.  You can be inspired by going here.  Thanks for sharing Carole - very inspirational.

Sally also joined in this week with a brilliant make .. .. she wasn't too sure once she had finished .. .. but I (and my fellow blog buddies who visited) really loved it.  A gorgeous finished look.  See for yourself here.

So I hope you all enjoy the inspiration that all of these wonderful people have provided .. .. ..happy hopping to view all the exciting places.

Just a quick note on yesterday's post.

I have been asked about the Hero Arts sentiment I used and where I got it from .. .. well, I bought my stamp from Hobbycraft at Tamworth in their sale quite a few months ago .. .. but if you do a google search it is still available at other craft shops. 

Enjoy what is left of your weekend.

Love

24 comments:

Alison said...

These are both fabulous but I particularly like the second one- beautiful colours and fab flowers. I got the tattered florals die for Christmas and I'm ashamed to say it has not been used yet!
Hugs, Alison x

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Fab 'scrap' cards! I love the effect of the embossed paper on your second card and lovely colours.

Lisa x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards Jules,well you are certainly making a little dent in your precious bits of paper.xxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Jules.

Hugs Riet.x

Delphine said...

You know what? I am always so impressed by your cards! And again tonight... Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, so elegant! I love the colours, papers and the brilliant way in which you have used your flowers on the first card! As for the second one, the shades of cream and brown are so beautiful and the flowers are just WOW! Hugs Delphine xx

Juls said...

such a fun post today...I enjoyed hopping around all your links....Love the circle scrap idea, but yeh I am not sure I would have the patience!!

I wish I had time to craft on a Sunday... I so want to join in!!...

Love both your cards..I am loving The 1st onw so lush gorgeous and stylish, the 2nd is so soft and pretty, I love the flower! Hugs Juls

Sally H said...

Both gorgeous! I love them, particularly the second. Didn't that envelope scrub up well?! Thanks for the plug. Unfortunately I won't have time to finish what I started today scrap wise. Very fiddly and I won't be trying it again! I might save popping it on my blog till next Sunday, though, so you can have a laugh.

Nikbee said...

Fantastic cards Jules. I especially love the second and the colorus are wonderful and the flowers are great. I've had so much fun checking out all your links, too. I'm hoping I can join in with this one week at least, but it might have to be Monday scrap day for me as Sunday I find it difficult to craft.

Vicky said...

Just fantastic Jules! Those flowers on the second are just scrummy and I love the colour on the first card :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Netty said...

Both terrific cards, love them. Hope you are all better now. Annette x

Tracy said...

I love these cards jules, I think there both brilliant and the word scraps doesn't fit the finished creation, maybe you should call them snippets
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynne K said...

Hi Jules,

Your cards are lovely. No-one would guess they are from scraps if you didn't tell them. They look so professional. Anyway, I've got so much scrap to use up I decided I'd better join in. Mine's on my blog - just got it posted with minutes to spare! xx

Anonymous said...

awesome you really are 'recruiting' lots of people to your scrappership lol!

Awesome to see, and these cards are totally cool, yep definitely wouldn't think or know they were scraps!!!! Shows the true value of them right!?

Way to go!!!! Can't see what you do next!

AuniLeigh said...

Both cards are wonderful, I especially love the navy. Thats a color I forget to work with, I may have to soon. Have a great upcoming week!

Carole Campanile said...

Both cards are gorgeous Jules. I really love the layout on the second one. Don't be surprised if you see me case it. :)

I'm off to see what the other ladies have for inspiration.
Hope you have a good Monday.

Hugs,
Carole

Anonymous said...

beautiful work Jules. gorgeous card
have a wonderful week
hugs June x

Whisper said...

Super cards hun and i will defintely check out the blog too - for using up my scraps, Luv Sam x

loftylass said...

Another beautiful 'scrappy card' Jules. Lots of crafters are now inspired to use up ALL of their gorgeous papers thanks to you.
Hugs
HW
x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, two gorgeous cards you wouldnt be aware its just scraps if you not said, but they are stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Sandy said...

Beautiful Jules!! I spent yesterday with my girlfriend making cards, one of which used scrap paper to cut out hearts. (Forget the blog I got the idea from:( You then glue the hearts onto white cardstock and run through the CB using whatever embossing folder you like. The result is GREAT:)

Jacee said...

Lovely cards Jules, you are making some lovely creations with your scrap, smashing idea.
Hugs Jacee

Di said...

2 great cards Jules. Love the cuttlebug flowers and thanks for the links.xx

Beryl said...

Two fabulous cards. The flowers on the second are fantastic. Must think of another term than 'scraps' for the pieces used on your Sunday cretions though.
Beryl xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Jules these are two real beauties, I so love the colours and rosebuds on the first one and the second, wow, the embossing, those flowers, they both look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x