My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

I'M STARTING TO PANIC !!

Hi Everyone

Well the weather is definitely getting colder and colder with the threat of a very wintery weekend and possible snow!!!

That is just what I need for the weekend .. .. or is it?  Oh I don't know!!!

The craft fayre my lovely Sis and I are doing on Sunday is being held at a local marina and all the stalls are going to be set up along the waterfront .. .. each in their own little marquee.  It all sounds very magical and very Christmassy .. .. .. roast chestnuts and Christmas lights switch on by none other than Brian Capron .. .. (the TV baddie Richard Hillman who tried to kill his wife Gail by driving her into the canal !!  Very appropriate).

Santa will be there with his Reindeer collecting letters from those who have been good (so I won't bother taking mine), mulled wine, fireworks .. .. .. .. and I am imagining .. .. .. very cold and frozen stall holders.  I might have to see if I can find out my fingerless gloves and call the organiser and ask if we will be allowed to take a little heater!!

So will people turn out if the weather is really bad?   .. ..   I hope so.

Because it is so well advertised and going on all day and into the evening will I have enough stock if things go well?!?!?  That is where the panic is coming in (along with the dread that I might get frost bite).  My stock is disappearing elsewhere at the moment so I need a mega few days of production.  I think it is time to grab my little box of images I have already coloured in for just such an occasion.  If only I was an octopus!!  LOL!!!

At least I have my DT work ready for next month and once I have finished stripping my Mum's kitchen of wallpaper I can knuckle down and hopefully be hyper creative.  My lovely Sis and Mum have done most of the stripping already .. .. I am left with the "high up" bits.  So if I do that in the morning the rest of the time will be creation time until I pack everything up ready on Saturday evening.

In the meantime here is a make that I am doing a few of in different colours ready for the weekend



This used:

Image:  Digistamp Boutique
Sentiment:  Unmounted Stamp Company "Merry Kissmas" (border strip computer generated)
Backing Papers:  Funky Hand CD "Funky Seasons"
Nail Heads:  Josy Rose
ProMarkers
Glamour Dust
Ribbon and Cord from the stash box

A super simple one .. .. but I like it!!

Right off to make a few more. 

Have a lovely evening everyone.  Sorry if I don't get to visit much between now and Sunday .. .. once again I am up against time .. .. but I will try my best.

If you let me know what you would like Santa to bring you I can let him know when I see him on Sunday!!! LOL!!

Love

18 comments:

pinky said...

You soon need to hire staff Jules lol. Love this cheerful card. Good luck, hope it goes really well for you after all the hard work.
Pinky

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Jules, I just love the Digistamp Boutique images!
Wishing you and your sister lots of success for Sunday, I'm sure it'll be a great day even if a tad on the cold side. I think everyone will be wanting to get into the Christmas spirit now and what better way to start!
Janice x

Zoechaos said...

Sure you'll be fine and so busy you will not have time to feel cold, anyway thats what the chesnuts are for little hand warmers LOL. This is bound to be a popular card it is just so sweet and modern xx Zoe

Unknown said...

Jules, keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend for you. We are driving down to my sister from East Anglia to Somerset on Friday night, so I need luck too I think with the weather expected to turn snowy. Great card, love the colours. x

lisa said...

It sounds like it's going to be a very magical event and snow will just add to the Christmassy feel, I don't think it will keep folk away. I don't envy you manning a stall all day though. Good Luck with it all.
How do you get time to decorate as well, you are one busy lady.
I love your cute couple, it's a great card.
Hugs Lisax

Doreen said...

This is stunning as always. Don't panic everything will work out just fine, Make sure you have plenty of nice hot chocolate drinks to keep you warm.xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card jules.super cute image and fab colours and papers.i love the ribbon down the side.
good luck for the weekend.
could you please ask santa if i could have a nice new camera :D:D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

OMG that is the most adorable image and sentiment ever, I love it!

Perfect colouring of the image, and love the blues!

Vicky said...

Jules this card is gorgeous hun!, beautifully coloured and love the pretty sentiment too. Hope things go ok at the weekend, it sounds fantastic and have plenty of hot drinks! (nurses orders lol!)
hugs Vicky xx

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card Jules, luv the cute image & lush colours.

xx Lizzy xx :)

Sally H said...

Fab card! Get the thermals out, hun! I think you are going to need them

Beryl said...

Brrrr. I really hope it's not too cold for the weekend - hope it's dry too. It sounds like a great event. Hope it goes well for you.
Beryl xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jules it sounds as if it will be a perfect day, put ya thermals on also ya boots hat, scarf and gloves, make sure you take a hot Thermos flask with you, I am sure you will have plenty of stock and it will be snapped up. I adore your card it is beautifully designed and that image is fabulous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne K said...

Great card! Bound to sell well, it's so bright and fresh looking, and a great image. Good luck for the day. As Sally says, don't forget the thermals, and take a flask of soup to warm you up from the inside too. Hope it all goes well. xx

Vicky said...

Love the card Jules, so beautifully coloured. Your makes are so professionally finished, I'm sure the show will be a sell-out. :) xxx

Annette Bowes said...

Lovely post Jules, you sure sound busy! I am sure everything will go to plan, especially the cold weather lol! Make sure you find those fingerless gloves and thermal underwear and lovely wool socks! We always wore lots of thin layers felt like Michellin Man (you know the white tyre guy)! Love your card, cute image and perfect sentiment! Wishing you many wonderful sales, take CareX:)

Nannieflash said...

Oh Dear Jules, you are so popular and everyone wants a bit of you, I do love your card its so cute, and Im sure the craft fair will go well and you will come home with practically nothing, well I hope so for your sake.
Enjoy the stripping. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

Mega busy Jules!! keep calm and all will be well, I'm sure it will all come together and you will do very well, love this card, really nice papers and a cute image.
Hugs, Jacee