My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 1 November 2010

FUNKY HAND AND PENNY BLACK CHALLENGES FOR NOVEMBER

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is well.

Here I am as promised .. .. bright and early to launch two new challenges for November.

The first is the Funky Hand Challenge (Get Funky!) where the challenge has been set by my lovely DT team mate Loopylou!!  This month the challenge is asking for you to create a label .. .. the only rule being that you need to include at least one Funky Hand paper or digi image on your creation.

Please link your label post to the challenge blog here and tell us which Funky Hand product you used on your creation.  You can also see all the other inspiration pieces worked on by my lovely DT mates.  There is a prize of a £20 voucher to spend in the Funky Store and lots to spend it on so well worth entering.

Thanks for a lovely theme Lou  .. .. I really enjoyed making my label.  Not something I do very often.

Here is what I produced as my inspiration piece




This used:

Funky Hand Download "Salt and Pepper"
Funky Hand "Alpha-Bits" for the "Love" letters
Woodware Punches:  Circles
Paper Crimper
Nestabilities:  Classic Scalloped Circles Large (for cutting the flower layers)
Sizzix Die:   "654680" Scallop Tag
Leone Em Pty Punch:  "CP30" Ash Branch
Brad and ribbon from the stash box

So that is the first challenge launch. 

Now on to the next which is the Penny Black at Allsorts Challenge  for November where as usual there are lots of lovely prizes on offer.

The theme here this month is "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". 

You can see the challenge here   .. .. .. and also all the beautiful inspiration provided by my lovely DT Teamies.  You can make anything for this challenge .. .. it doesn't have to be a card .. .. but your work does have to have a Penny Black product as the main feature on your project.

Here is my inspiration piece:





This used: 

Image:  Penny Black Slapstick "40-005" Here Comes Christmas
Sentiment:  Penny Black "3502F" A Wish .. ..
Sentiments stamped onto vellum:  Penny Black "30-017" Holly Day Critters
Backing Paper:  Bearly Mine "Christmas Delight"
Martha Stewart Punch:  Valentine Lace
Cuttlebug Die:  Large Snowflake
Hobbycraft Punch:  Small Snowflake
Distress Ink:  Faded Jeans
Glamour Dust
Cosmic Shimmer Powder
Diamond Stickles
White Gel Pen
Brads and Button from the stash box

There is a little more to this creation than there actually looks on the photographs.  You may not be able to see very clearly but I have actually stamped little words onto the vellum with a clear versamark ink pad and bushed over the words with cosmic shimmer powder.  It really makes the vellum look special .. .. but is hard to see in the photographs.

To create the background of the image I stamped my picture once and shaded the sky using the distress ink pad and a blending sponge. 

I then stamped my image again and coloured and cut out the cute little hedgehogs and stuck these onto the first distressed picture.

I coloured the falling snowflakes (several times) with a white gel pen. 

I really love the finished look and this could be my favourite Christmas card make so far this year.

So out with your stash everyone and I look forward to seeing what you all create with your goodies.

Have a great Monday.

Love

38 comments:

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous makes Jules. I love the colours and flower on the label and the Christmas card is stunning. I love all the glitter.

Nikki x

Doreen said...

Two stunning projects I must say I love the beautiful Tag, and the image on the card is perfect and all the details, the background is superb.xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

These are both really special, your tag is fabulous and funky, love the colours and style.
The pb card is coloured to perfection and so utterly cute. janex

Mervi said...

Hi Jules
this is really gorgeous and the backgroung looks
great;-))m

Anonymous said...

totally rockin tag!!! I love it!


and your PB card is a dream, so gorgeous!

brenda said...

Morning Jules

Two super creations, thank you for being part of the Penny Black at Allsorts posse.

It was very refreshing reading your ingredients list, it remins me that we do 'need' our huge stockpiles of goodies. Bit like cooking and storecupboard essentials.

So no guilt then ?

B x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creations honey i am loving those papers and such a sweet image, hugs Pops x x x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, wow thats stunning, youve done such a beautiful job on it, it has so much depth. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous creations, Jules! Your label is fantastic, I love the beautiful flower and great colour combo! As for your card, you have used one of my favourite PB images and I love how you have coloured it! A lot of work but well worth it! I love the stamped vellum too! All really beautiful! Hugs Delphine xx

Ellibelle said...

These are gorgeous Jules. Love the tag, those colors you used are beautiful and the flower is amazing.
Super cute hedgie card, I love your coloring and all of the sparkles!
I'm so happy to be designing with you at penny black @ all sorts!!

Mummylade said...

absolutely gorgeous work!

chris said...

Hi Jules what a couple of stunners, they are both so eye catching, I love that tag, so love the strong deep colours.
missed you saturday wasnt the same without you.
hugs and love chris xx

coops said...

wow these are both fantastic jules.really love the striking colours and flower on your tag and gorgeous card too.the image is great and love the icy colours and snowflakes :D

xx coops xx

Jacee said...

Love these Jules, your label is fabulous and the card so sweet, had to search for the heart but then kicked myself for not seeing them straight away, duh!

Allison said...

they are both so lovely, great colour choice for the tag
AllisonX

Zoechaos said...

Its dreadful i go heart hunting when I visit here and nearly miss the fabulous work on show LOL Of course your PB@A card is to die for your label WOW love black and red very smart. Going to be fun working with you on PB@A xx Zoe

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Jules

great card hun what a pretty layout and such a 'funky'tag love the flower!!!

Emma xxx

Vicky said...

Such gorgeous creations Jules!, love the tag and your card is super sweet!, great sentiment too,
hugs Vicky xx

lisa said...

Hi Jules. I'm glad you made the most of your extra hour. I'm afraid I stayed in bed for it, I'm not a morning person like you!!!
I always think Christmas shopping is best done early, avoid the crowds and the stress!!
I love your tag, that flower is amazing and the colours really striking and those two hedgehogs are adorable. I want them for Xmas!!!! It's a stunning card and you've got so much detail in it.
Hugs Lisax

Di said...

2 fabulous projects Jules ,love the card but that tag has got to go on your hubbies christmas pressie, it's so special, love it. Di.xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Both if them are stunning hun...love the colours you have used on the tag and the yummy flower.....Adorable image you have used on your card and great layout too :o)
hugs and xxx

Sally H said...

Both totally gorgeous! Love the flower on the first and the second is just so cute!

Tracy said...

Jusles two equally gorgeous creations, I love everything about them.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

CraftyC said...

Wow, they are both gorgeous Jules and you've taken fantastic piccies, whats the secret!! lol
Clairexx

Enfys said...

Two totally gorgeous makes Jules, you already know I love the tag, and your Allsorts card is beautiful,
big hugs
En xx

Vicky said...

Fabby stuff Jules. I so love your tag, striking colours and a fantastic photo too.
:)xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow! They are both so beautiful Jules! Love them both!
The tag has so many fab details and rich colours and the card is stunning with the wonderful sky and all the soft glimmer. You've spent a lot of time with them both :)

I agree, Christmas shopping is always best to do early, no need to stress in crowded shops, but I always and up in them for some last minute shopping!

It's fab to be in the team with you!

Hugs
Maarit

Nicola said...

Wow what a couple of stunning creations. Love the tag and the colours you have used and loving the sparkle on your card. Hugs Nicola xx

Anice said...

Wow what beautiful work for both of your projects! Though I don't know why I'm surprised I know what an amazing crafter you are already so what did I expect?!
Anice xx

Whisper said...

Aah this is fabby - i haven't got this stamp, so i must check it out at Birminghame at the weekend, Luv Sam x

coldwaters2 said...

Wonderful creations Jules I love that tag but what has stolen my heart is that Hedgehog card it is just pure sweetness.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Little K Smith said...

Oh two gorgeous pieces of art Jules! Just LOVE the PB image, will have to put this on my shopping list now and you've coloured it sooo beautifully. Just love the fabulous gift tag too!
Kelly.x

Juls said...

so cute!! Loveing the touches of sparkle! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

sorry...p.s your tag is just amazing, my fav colour combo and I love the dimension! Hugs Juls

carrie-lee said...

A beautiful card hun, tis absolutly stunning xxx

Basslady said...

gorgeous cards...especialle the pb-image is one of my three winter-stamps i love so much...
alwas fun to look at!

your creations are so delightful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Grenouille Greetings said...

You appear to be making at least one card a day and I have no chance of keeping up with that level of industry! Lovin this PB card - I see you won their last challenge with an earlier zigaggy card. Well done! And I adore your tag. It's got a whole card's worth full of goodies on it! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your card, its so vibrant and the tag is beautiful...
Thanks for the inspiration to join you guys in the challenge
x
Vicky