My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 6 November 2010

FUNKY HAND MEETS ELLA BLUE

Hi Everyone

I hope your Saturday has been good.

I have been working on some orders today but so I had something to share I have made a quick and easy one using some of the leftovers that were lying around from my make of yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time I had used my "Ella Blue" papers and whilst using them they reminded me of some of the papers on the Funky Hand CD "Now That's Funky" .. .. .. and a quick investigation confirmed that I am not losing my memory .. .. the dotty paper behind my tree is from this CD .. .. doesn't it match just perfectly with the Ella Blue papers?

I will have to make a card similar to the one I made yesterday .. .. but using the Funky Hand CD and compare.  I know the patterns won't be identical but the colours will be similar and I think they are lovely for Christmas cards in "non-traditional" colours.

Anyway, here is my "left-overs" creation.  It isn't very often that scrap papers don't even make their way into the huge scrap box LOL!!!






This used:  

Backing Papers:  GCD Studios "Ella Blue"
Backing Papers:  Funky hand CD "Now That's Funky"
Image:  Woodware Clear Stamps "JGCL529" Tipsy Tree
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Glamour Dust

I drew all around the paper pieced  tree image with a Quickie Glue Pen and then sprinkled on the compulsory Glamour Dust to give it a little sparkle .. .. .. you can't have a Christmas Card without some sparkle can you? LOL!!

Sorry my make is so simple .. .. but I love it anyway. 

Have a lovely evening everyone.

X-Factor for me tonight .. .. but well behind the scheduled time.  Hubby has gone to football and they have a late kick off (only just kicking off now) so a bit more crafty time for me with football on in the background and X-Factor later, later.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my creation of yesterday.  I felt a bit guilty that so many of you said you would like to own a Cricut.  I bought mine a couple of years ago when a local craft shop reduced everything in their store to half price .. .. .. so my lovely hubby persuaded me that I needed to get one whilst there was such a good offer on.  I pretended I needed persuading .. but I didn't really LOL!!!

I don't have many cartridges for my machine  .. .. the ones that I do have I have managed to pick up either second hand or in sales (a bit like a lot of my stash really).

Love

22 comments:

Sally H said...

Love this and the beautiful deer too. I bought Tipsy trees on my last visit to Sir Stampalot, so hopefully I'll find the time to press them into use soon.

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, enjoy your crafting and TV tonight:0) xxx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful Jules, the papers match so well, actually it all matches so well!! and it is not a simple make it is gorgeous.Thank you so much for the support you give on my blog you are a trooper. I am off to the NEC tomorrow and I am so excited, I have been saving for ages just so I can have a good spend there.
Doreen
xxx

Sally said...

Great card, love the sparkle on the tree.
I love simple, its so effective.
Sally. x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Jules and I love the paper piecing. Great papers and love all the sparkle too.
Enjoy the x-factor, and hope Wagner goes tonight lol!
hugs Vicky xx

Nikbee said...

I love this. Great colours - I prefer non-traditional ones and the sparkle just finishes it of.

Nikki x

Netty said...

I love your wonky tree, brilliant card Jules. Annette x

Vicky said...

Jules you must except your award, and you don't have to pass it on hun :o)
Well x-factor was brilliant! Wagner was awful, poor Elvis must be turning in his grave now lol, Cher was a little disapointing like Mary but Matt and Rebecca were truly amazing! Hope Wagner goes tomorrow so the comp. can really start. And by the way I'm a celeb starts next week woohoooooo, so love Ant and Dec :o)
I will try harder with xmas lol!
hugs Vicky xx

Little K Smith said...

Another wonderful crimbo card Jules, just love those papers and a fabulous tree, love the simple layout too!
Kelly.x

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card hunni, the tree is fabby, and I love the somplicity of it babes its lush

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Anonymous said...

OH I love this!!!

very funky tree, almost looks like hes dancing away, great colours and glitterbling!!!

have a great weekend

Sandy said...

Jules, don't know how you can manage to make a 'simple' card look so elegant, but you do!! Love the sparkle!!!!

coops said...

gorgeous card jules.i really love the funky tree and how you have done it paper pieced and scrummy papers and colours.
am hoping to watch x factor shortly, missed it last night :D

xx coops xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card Jules...the papers are yummy and go perfectly together and love the tree :o)
hugs and xxx

Delphine said...

Your card is so beautiful, Jules! I love your tree, gorgeous papers and colours, and the layout is perfect! And don't feel guilty, Jules! Just enjoy your Cricut... As for me, who knows, maybe Santa will hear me:-)! SANTAAAA!!!!LOL Hugs Delphine xx

chris said...

Blimey Jules you haave been going for it while Ive have been busy and what beauties you have made.
love them all. love this tipsy tree, its very much one of my favourite. hope you are ok love chris xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, just love the colours & the sparkle!! can never have enough sparkle!! lol
hugs shell xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creation in perfect colours, big hugs love Pops x

Mervi said...

Beautiful!!!
Love those papers (left overs?!)
great colour scheme and the tree is fab;-))m

Di said...

Simple is nearly always best and this card shows it. Why do we sometimes add a bit of this and a flower or 2 only to realise it was nicer as it was,lol. Love the papers and the colours. Lovely "funky" paper pieced tree. Great card. Di,xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! I love how you have made these papers, which to me have a vintage feel to them look so modern and retro! Hugs Juls

Beryl said...

Boy have I missed some gorgeous cards this last couple of weeks. I love this one - I think it's the colour and that funky tree. Your die cut reindeer is just fab.
Beryl xx