My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 5 November 2010

MUCH EARLIER TODAY!!

Hi Everyone

I'm here again .. .. a little earlier than yesterday.

Today I decided to get my Cricut into action and see if I could create a few cards using a cartridge I bought last year in a sale.  I knew it would come in one day .. .. and today is that day.

Here is my creation:





This was made using:

Papers:  All GCD Studios "Ella Blue"
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Cricut Cartridges:  George and Basic Shapes  plus  Christmas/Noel
Nestabilities Die:  Deckled Rectangle Large
Josy Rose:  Hot Fix Gems
Diamond Stickles
Distress Ink Pad:  Old Paper for distressing edges
Tiny Snowflake Punch with no name (shame)

I enjoyed using my Cricut and really should use it more.  I was able to cut everything except the sentiment die on the machine and could leave it working whilst I was getting on with other things.  Great for production line creating and I managed six like this fairly quickly.

Have a lovely evening everyone and stay safe if you are going to watch any fireworks.

Catch you again tomorrow.

Love

30 comments:

pinky said...

Now this is something I need to do Jules, I never use it hardly at all now. I had to change it position when I moved into my new craft room and its a bit of a bother to hook it up etc. Lame excuse I know but this lovely card has given me some incentive to give it a go!! have a great weekend.
Pinky

Mervi said...

Hi Jules!
This is so gorgeous,
simply or not but it's so delicate
and stylish!
Happy weekend;-))m

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Beautiful card! I love the Ella Blue papers and they make gorgeous Christmas cards.

On Wednesday my new Cricut arrived but I haven't had a chance to take it out of the box yet. Think I am going to have a play with it tonight when the children are tucked up in bed.

Lisa x

Debs said...

Hiya Jules
Love this card - the colours are fab!
Great image too.
Have a wonderful evening
Debs xx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Jules, the stag looks very regal.xxx

Jacee said...

Super card Jules, lovely work, think you should get that cricut out more often, this is a smashing card.

Jodi said...

Very pretty reindeer, the white background and snowflakes makes a nice winter feel to the card.
Hugs
Jodi =)

coops said...

wow, i love this jules.the reindeer is stunning and i really like the soft vintage colours and super papers and layout.a really classy card :D

xx coops xx

Lynne K said...

It's gorgeous, Jules! Making me think very seriously about getting a Cricut. I love the Ella Blue paper too - bought a pack recently and haven't used any yet as I just like looking at them! Have a great weekend. xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Hiya Jules
Its absolutely stunning....love the reindeer and gorgeous papers too :o)
hugs and xxx

Vicky said...

This is fabulous Jules, such a great image and love the papers too. I also have a cricut, hardly ever used so must try harder lol!
Have a fab evening hun,
hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

totally awesome Jules love that reindeer!!!!

have a fabulous weekend!

Nicola said...

How adorable is this christmas card. I love it and well worth looking out that cartridge. Nicola xx

Kerry said...

Oh I would love to have a Cricut, lucky lady!!

Gorgeous card, love the traditional colours.

Love Kerry xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, your reindeer is very pretty!
hugs shell have a fab weekend xx

Little K Smith said...

OOhh this is beautiful Jules, just love those lush papers and a gorgeous elegant dotty reindeer too!
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

Vicky said...

Hiya hun!
me again and I have a little something for you on my blog,
hugs Vicky xx

G Peplow said...

Hello there Jules, this is a beautiful card, fabulous stag and I love your choice of colours/papers, truly classy. Hope you have a great weekend :0) xxx

MagsB said...

What an elegant reindeer that is! And an elegant card, too, the colours are so subtle.

luv, Mags x

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Jules. My circuit has been collecting dust for over a year and I hate to think of how many cartridges are just sitting there - eek. Have a lovely weekend!
Clairex

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, Jules! The papers are gorgeous and I really like the colours! A very elegant card! And... I wish I had a Cricut!!! Hugs Delphine xx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card Jules. I love the papers. I would love a cricut - maybe next year for Christmas if I leave enough hints.

Nikki x

Zoechaos said...

WOW wonderful card love the colours and that deer is beautiful. Great sale bargain well spotted. xx Zoe

April Diva said...

Hi Jules, absolutely love the reindeer and the colour combo. Very elegant. I know the sentiment is computer generated, but do you have the name of the font?
Hugs, Pauline x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules this is fabulous, Ive got that cartridge but I find it a pain to get out and use as Im a bit limited for space perhaps I should make some for it. With love an dhugs Shirleyxxxxx

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous Jules, I love your reindeer.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

scotspanda said...

fabby dabby card hunni, the deer is gorgeous :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this is gorgeous that Stag looks wonderful this is one classy card and appeals to me big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Juls said...

I do love this paper pad, I have it and reach for it all the time!!! Just love how you have layered all the papers together! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Three brilliant makes! Loving your tree and your snowflake and now this one is sooooo deer! Cool! Warmest wishes, Lesley