My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 22 November 2010

LOVE MUSIC

Hi Everyone

A quick post from me today.

Busy getting ready for the fayre at the weekend and have a check up at the dentist tonight so need to get some food into the oven so it is ready for our return.  I only go to the dentist twice a year .. . so how come it always seems to be time to go again?!?!?  How does that work?!?!?

Anyway, here is my share for today.

This is a card my youngest son requested for one of his "band mates".

I showed it him as a work in progress yesterday and gained his approval so I finished it off this morning.

Quite a few people say that they struggle with male cards.  I don't struggle with the actual cards .. .. .. .. the struggle for me is trying to fit the heart onto them without making the card look "girly".   Not too difficult on this one though as both my son and his mate love their music. 






This used:

Image and lower banner:  Inkadinkado "98693" Rock Star
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Backing Papers:  Plain card distressed with "Tea Die" Distress Ink Pad
Music paper:  From the scrap box also distressed with "Tea Die!
Hot Fix Studs
Cord from the stash box

So that is my share for today.  I hope you have all had a good Monday.

I'll try not to say too much about Wagner other than I wonder what he thinks when he watches the performances back again!!  I wonder if he sees and hears something completely different to what most of us do?  LOL!!!

Right back to it for me!!!

Love

29 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Brill card, love that skull border, may have to have that:0)
Hope you don't need any treatment at the dentist, mine always finds something:{
:0) xxx

Sandy said...

Jules that is one awesome card!! I need to get me a guitar stamp! I love the music background. It's so versatile as who doesn't like MUSIC?? Thanks for sharing your beautiful creativity:) I so look forward to your blog posts!

Loopylou. said...

jules that is a rocking card hun!! i love that stamp set, i have it and use it oodles!! he will be so pleased to recieve it. hugs Lou xxx

chris said...

Hi Jules, wow I love tthis its fabulous, its looks very vintage, love it. hugs chris xx

lisa said...

I know what you mean about that check up coming round with alarming speed, Jules, hope you get on ok.
What a stunning card, your Son will love it. I love the way you managed to get your heart into it.
Those origami trees where one of the first things I made when I first started paper crafting. My MIL showed me how to make them and I think I made them for my cards that year but in a very simple layout, they'd probably look awful now if I saw them again, luckily I didn't keep any copies!! Maybe it's time for another go!!
Hugs Lisax

Mervi said...

This is fab - great colours.
I have the same stamp set and done many cards, but never in these colours- wau stunning!
And great tutoring too.
My net is working at last;-))m

Debs said...

Fab card Jules
Love the inking.
I'm sure he must hear and see something totally different to any of us - but I want to know who the heck keeps voting him in!!!
I know what you mean about the dentist too - all I can say is 6 months goes so quickly.
Have a fab evening
Debs xx

Netty said...

Altogether its a brilliant card Jules. Love it. Annette x

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty card!! I love the vintage feel, and of course that you made it a male card!! These for me are hard just because like you said, you don't want to make it look girly! LOL! I think you did a wonderful job on it! I'm certain your son loves it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Doreen said...

Hi Jules I think this is fabulous,I love the image and all the distressing works very nicely. Have a nice evening.xxx

Little K Smith said...

Hi Jules
Hope you are well :)
Fabulous card, love these stamps, great colours too! Love it!
Kelly.x

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, I LOVE what you did here!!!

Awesome stamps and colour!

Jacee said...

Stunning card Jules, truly fabby!!

Nicola said...

Wow I like this card. Great one for your sons friend. Love the colours too. Hugs Nicola xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its fantastic hun....just love everything about it :o)
hugs and xxx

Vicky said...

Wow Jules this is fantastic hun!. Love the fab image and great sentiment with the heart:o)
Wagner? just don't get it and I felt so sorry for Page :o(
Have a fab evening, hugs Vicky xx

Delphine said...

Stunning card, Jules! I love the image, music paper, and of course the CS inked with Distress Ink, really beautiful! Perfect harmony on your card, I love it! Hugs Delphine xx

coops said...

fantastic male card jules.love this image and the way you have distressed the papers is fab,great layout too :D

xx coops xx

MagsB said...

This card rocks! I especially love the cute skull'n'crossbones border!!

Hope the Dentist trip went well.

luv, Mags x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! I have that stamp set and have used it lots for men cards. Yours is Wonderful!

Tracey T said...

I can't tell you how much I love this card, Jules. I do struggle with male cards which is very frustrating when I have mostly men in my family! My son would love this card! As for Wagner, I couldn't agree more! Hugs, Tracey T x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Fantastic card, I am sooooo excited as I have this set all unloved and un played with, you have inspired me to dust it off, TFS.X

Lynne K said...

Great card! And well done on fitting in the heart! You're so creative. The vintage feel is lovely. Hope it went well at the dentist. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jules this is fabulous what a great card it is perfect for the music loving guys.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

This is beautiful honey gorgeous colours, hugs Pops x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh I thought I had commented on this card last night!!!! mmmmmmmmmm mr blogger is being nawty again lol

Gorgeous hun, just love your distressing its perfect!
hugs shell xx

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the image and the vintage feel.

Nikki x

Beryl said...

Very classy - and so masculine.
Hope the dentist visit went well.
Beryl xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

FABULOUS! Hugs, Lesley