My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 4 November 2010

PHEW .. .. I THOUGHT I WAS NEVER GOING TO GET HERE !!

Hi Everyone

I thought I was never going to get to be posting today .. .. .. that is what comes of trying to be a good daughter and wife. 

I knew what I wanted to make and post today .. and managed to get it half made before I went to spend some time with my Mum and finished it off once I got home. 

At Mum's I sat and put all the inserts into the cards I have been making over the last week or so .. .. and then once I got home I needed to get dinner ready super early as hubby was out tonight.

So hubby is now out and time is mine .. .. though I still have to clear up that messy kitchen .. .. boo hoo!!!

So here is the "day long" make that has been made in bits and bobs all day.  It was inspired by a video over on the Hero Arts Blog here.  You do need to scroll down through the post a bit to find it though .. .. but it is well worth a look.

Sadly I did not have all the right things to replicate what had been done .. so I made up my own version using what I did have.







My version used:

Manuscript stamp:  Elusive "32531" Script Background
Scroll stamp:  Basic Grey "Two Scoops" Swirlie Stamps
Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat
Cuttlebug snowflake die
Martha Stewart Punch:  Stars
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Glamour Dust
Distress Inks:  Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Old Paper and Tea Dye for Stamping
Elzybells:  White Sugar Candy Pigment Inkpad
Rangers Bridal Embossing Tinsel
Cord from the stash box

Make sure you pop over and watch the video .. .. it is brilliant.

Have a lovely evening everyone .. .. well what is left of it .. .. and I am off to clear up my messy kitchen LOL!!!

Love

24 comments:

Annette said...

Wow this is stunning. x

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is beautiful Jules! Just love the colours you've used and the effect you've created with them! A real classic christmas card.
Take care.
Kelly.x

Unknown said...

Hi, busy day for you!! Beautiful card! Trish x

G Peplow said...

It's gorgeous Jules,:0) xxx

chris said...

Hi Jules, this is so special really, really, love it.
hugs chris xx

Sally H said...

I think I prefer yours! Absolutely gorgeous!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Love it Jules.....its stunning and love the colour & Image :o)
Thanks for sharing the video!!
hugs and xxx

Doreen said...

What a super stunning card Jules,I think it was well worth the wait and yes I think yours is better.xxx

Jennifer said...

Oh this is a stunner Jules! Glad you have a bit of time to yourself at last. xx Jenny xx

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous!!! totally worth the wait!

Glad you had a fun yet busy day!

craftimamma said...

I'll certainly give that video a viewing Jules, so thanks for sharing it with us. Your card is gorgeous and I absolutely love the colours.

Er, taking all day to make a card is not unusual for this very slow crafter, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lynne K said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Jules, and I'm with Sally & Doreen - yours is much nicer than the HA version. It's a great technique, though, I'm off to try it! Much better use of time than clearing up a messy kitchen!xx

Loopylou. said...

wow jules that is so pretty, i am so glad you had time to post it. hugs Lou xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Jules,
This is stunning! I'm off to watch to video now, thank you for the link.
Clare x

Louise said...

Love your card so elegant will definetly pop over and check out the vidio thanks for the link.
Louise xx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic jules.love the snowflake and beautiful colours and paper :D

xx coops xx

lisa said...

Sounds like a busy day, Jules. If all the jobs are done you can craft with feeling guilty can't you.
What a stunning card. I love the snowflake. I'm off to check out that video right now.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, just love the colours!
hugs shell xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules well thats different and its gorgeous love the look of that snowflake to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jacee said...

Oh boy, do I love the colours on this, smashing work Jules.

Di said...

This card is so classy Jules.That snowflake is gorgeous and love the dotty background paper. Have a good weekend, Di.x

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Jules! I love the snowflake and the colours of your card, perfect layout as usual too! And... congratulations on winning the Penny Black Sat Challenge:-)!! Hugs Delphine xx

scotspanda said...

oooh scrummy card chick, love the sparkle :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the bright colours and the sparkle!!! Hugs Juls