My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 30 November 2010

FRIDAY SKETCHERS CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

So how is the snow doing with you?

We had a bit of snow last Friday .. .. which stuck around and has never disappeared.  Last night we had a new sprinkling to freshen up that which was still around from Friday and this morning we keep getting flurries but they don't last long.   I bet there are a lot of you out there in blogland that would be happy to swap with us.  It sounds horrendous in some parts!!  Be careful everyone!

Having said that our weather forecast sounds very bad with a severe weather warning for Derbyshire.  At least 5cms by 10.00am tomorrow with as much as 15cm in some parts - and then more snow on top of that tomorrow!!  Eeekkk!!!

The UK will be at stand-still soon.  We never seem to cope with snow very well do we.  I hope hubby is at home with me when everywhere closes down!!  LOL!!

Anyway get to the crafting woman and stop babbling.

An early share today .. .. .. back to a Christmas card LOL!!!  I liked the look of the sketch over at Friday Sketchers so decided to give this a go .. .. .. and here is the result.





This used:

Image: Stampavie "GR003" - Mistletoe and Mice
Backing Papers:  All Pink Petticoat
Fiskars Punch:  Threading Water
Stardust Stickles
Eylets and ribbon from the stash box

Here is the sketch for following. 



I am such a funny thing .. .. I really loved the look of this sketch and the great inspiration pieces given by the DT but when it came to the crunch I struggled in sticking my image at an angle!!  Aren't I strange (don't all reply at once) .. .. I always put everything square and balanced on my cards.  Who would have thought an image at a jaunty angle could make me feel that uncomfortable?

Someone once told me that if there is something you don't like doing you need to keep doing it until you are comfortable with it .. .. mmm .. .. .. not sure I agree with that!!  But I will try to be a bit "less square" in the future LOL!!

Have a good day and evening and I will be back tomorrow with the launch of two new challenges.  Get Funky! and Penny Black at Allsorts.

There are lots and lots of super new things being planned over at Funky Hand .. .. as a DT we are a mega excited bunch .. .. just not sure whether Anice is spilling the beans tomorrow or not.  We will have to wait and see.

Stay safe everyone.

Love

20 comments:

Debs said...

Hiya Jules
Another stunning card - love this image.
I completely know what you mean about putting things straight on your cards - I feel uncomfortable not doing so too!!!
Hope you are keeping safe & warm
Debs xx

Fleur said...

Hi Jules. A gorgeous, sweet card. Love how you have used the ribbon. Perfect colouring too
Hugz Fleur xXx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules what a fabulous card those mice are so cute and your colouring is gorgeous. With lov and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Vicky said...

A real cutie Jules. I love the wonky image lol! :)xx

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Gorgeous card! I love this sweet image and fab papers. Like you I also like everything on my cards to be balanced and don't like anything, as we say in Norfolk, 'on the huh' lol!

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cute card Jules.
Sue x

chris said...

HI Jules, this is very beautiful, I think this is one of my favourite images at the moment, apart from tipsy trr of course!
hope you are ok love and hugs chris xx

Jacee said...

Super card Jules, I love that image it's so cute.

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card, love it jaunty angle 'an all:0) xx
p.s we've got lots of the white stuff, had to cancel a trip to Bluewater, shame:{ but it looks pretty:0) xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

not much snow here so far but very cold, good crafting weather.
Love your card, oddles of cuteness and a great layout. janex

Little K Smith said...

Aaaaww this is soooo adorable Jules! Gorgeous papers and love the ribbon too!
Take care.
Kelly.x

Tracy said...

So cute, love the ribbon effect. This is gorgeous Jules.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is a cutie! I'm sorry I have been MIA. And I'm sorry your craft fair didn't turn out as well as it might have done had the weather been better. On the upside - you have made some absolutely beautiful cards and you've given me lots of inspiration! And...one last thing...yes, my Mum will probably say it's too nice to use! Hugs, Lesley

Doreen said...

This is stunning Jules.It is such a cutie.

Lucky you with the snow it hasn't stopped snowing all day here in Sheffield, We live out of the city so no gritting so we haven't been out for days now.Getting a bit fed up with it.xxx

Netty said...

Beautiful, jaunty and cute card. Annette x

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the image and I quite like jaunty angles, although I don't do them a lot.

Nikki x

Anice said...

This is such a lovely card. I'm proud of you going out of your comfort zone and having the image at a jaunty angle! Thanks for giving this months Get Funky challenge such a big drum roll..no pressure on me to write anything interesting now!! ;)
Anice xx

coops said...

stunning card jules.the image is so cute and don`t they look so in love.i love your pastle colours and a fantastic layout.i know what you mean about the angles.i struggled with sketches when i first tryed them but now i can`t get enough,lol.
loads of snow in staffs this morning.all 6 schools in town closed and its still snowing now :S

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jules another super cute image that just makes you go 'awwwwww', lol, i love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Juls said...

just too cute!!! Love how you have used the ribbon! Hugs Juls