My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

SNOWFLAKES ARE JUST UNASSEMBLED SNOWMEN

Hi Everyone

How strange for it to be getting dark so early .. .. it took me a while to remember yesterday that we had actually put the clocks back and we weren't due a downpour of rain.

Quite a windy day here today and I have had to re-peg my washing on the line a couple of times!!!

I am still in Christmas card mode and here is today's share





 
This used:

Image:  Funstamps "FM131" Scribble Snowman
Sentiment:  Penny Black "3535F" Snowflakes
Backing Paper:  Papermania
Small snowflakes:  Cuttlebug Die
Snowflake flower:  Cuttlebug Dies, HobbyCraft Punch
Josy Rose:  Gems
Ribbon from the stash box [but it has nearly all gone :-(   ]
Glamour Dust
Acetate
Crafty Notions:  Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
ProMarkers

Most of what I have done here is pretty straightforward but I will explain how I made my snowflake flower.

The first layer was made from acetate to which I applied a small piece of the double sided adhesive sheet.  I then ran the acetate, with the backing attached, through the cuttlebug to cut out a large acetate snowflake that now had adhesive stuck to the back.  (That made a real cool noise going through the cuttlebug!!!).

Once cut I removed the backing from the snowflake and then dipped the snowflake in glamour dust .. .. .. resulting in one very sparkly snowflake!!

I then just layered up the flower with another snowflake that had been cut using a medium sized Hobbycraft punch with inked edges and finished with a promarker coloured small cuttlebug snowflake to which I had glued the little gems.

I quite like the finished look.

So that is me for today.  Back to the Christmas cards .. .. .. if I could make 150 today I would still need to make more tomorrow!!!  LOL!!

Have a good evening everyone. 

Love

31 comments:

pinky said...

Love it, will definitely try that acetate snowflake its gorgeous.
Pinky

Doreen said...

Really beautiful Jules love the snowman and I love the sentiment, I haven't heared that one before. Do you mind if I write it down to use sometime.???.xxx

Debs said...

Hiya Jules
Love this card - I have that snowman somewhere and teh sentiment if fab - I feel a purchase coming on lol!!!
Have a great evening.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, such a lovely Christmas card I do love this little snowman, wish I'd bought him a few years back, so sweet, lovely layout too and those snowflakes are adorable! Jo xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning snowflake hun! I just love your sentiment! perfect!
hugs shell xx
as for the weather its been raining on & off all day here, constant for the last couple of hours!!

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Jules and your snowflake is gorgeous. Got loads of Glamour dust and hardly ever use it. Have fun making all those cards!!
Clairex

Jacee said...

Gorgeous Jules, the snowflake looks beautiful, you are a clever girl!

Unknown said...

Jules, as always a beautiful card. I do love blues, whites & silver on Crimbo cards. x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Jules I so love the blue theme for a Christmas card, I love that snowman and the snowflake looks ace.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww sweet card Jules, cute snowman, love the sentiment and paper and a simply gorgeous snowflake too!
Good luck with the rest of your crimbo cards!
Kelly.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a happy fun card, got this little fellow, must dig him out , thanks for the inspiration.
janex ( the new look jane minus 6" of hair)

Di said...

Lovely card. That snowman was one of my very first stamps and hasn't been inked up for ages, i must dig him out. Love the snowflakes.I hate these dark evenings, they play havoc with the cardmaking,lol.

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, this is gorgeous! Great snowman and I love the sentiment! Fab colours too. Luv Trish x

chris said...

HI Jules this is gorgeous, so love that snowflake its perfect.
hugs chris xx

Vicky said...

Really love this image and the snowflake looks amazing Jules!, great papers too and love the sentiment and colours. Hope the washing got dried and stayed in your garden! lol,
hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

gorgeous card jules.love your snowman and icy blue colours and brilliant sentiment.your snowflake is stunning :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that quote and I love that card!!! That snowman is so cute, and the snowflakes are gorgeous!!! well done!

MagsB said...

That snowflake certainly has the WowFactor! Great card, and I love the scribbly snowman image, so cute!

luv, Mags x

Lynne K said...

Brilliant card! The blue & white is gorgeous, so fresh looking. Love the snowflake, it looks wonderful, and what a great sentiment! The snowman is just perfect too. xx

Tracy said...

The entire creation is gorgeous and that snowflake is amazing.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Eileen said...

Oh oh oh this is gorgeous. Love the image love the colours love the layout and I love how you've done your heart. Eileen xx

craftimamma said...

What a lovely card Jules and I love the sentiment. Fab snowflake flower too. I like snowflakes nearly as much as butterflies, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card - I love snowmen. I have a very similiar stamp but not sure its that one. Am thinking now could I stamp it twice to get that scribble effect. might just have to have a go later.
x Tricia

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card Jules, thats stunning the papers and your image are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Jules! I love the cute snowman, fab DP and your snowflake flower is AWESOME! Hugs Delphine xx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Jules! I love the cute snowman, fab DP and your snowflake flower is AWESOME! Hugs Delphine xx

Netty said...

Terrific card Jules, love it. x

Juls said...

such a fun sentiment and such a gorgeous card! Hugs Juls

Kathy said...

That is SUCH a cute sentiment - on a great card, of course!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Jules its gorgeous and love the little snowman, he is soooo adorable :o)
hugs and xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fab card and simply brilliant sentiment. I am desperately trying to work a snowflake into a current make and I might borrow your idea here if that's OK and if I can do it! Hugs, Lesley