My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 10 November 2010

JUST FOR A CHANGE

Tee hee everyone .. .. just for a change I thought I would share a Christmas card today LOL!!!

I have spent the afternoon with my Mum .. .. I sat putting inserts into my stack of Christmas cards whilst Mum sat playing her DS.   Not bad for 80 is she?  Plus we put the world to rights a bit and had a laugh together.

Once my cards are all packaged up in their cellophane packets with their labels etc Mum always goes through them all looking for the heart.  I told her she was being promoted today to my Quality Control Supervisor .. .. she was well impressed LOL!!!

So here is my little share of the day





This used:

Image:  Forever Friends "Cup of Cocoa"
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat
Go Kreate Die:  Scalloped Square
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
ProMarkers
Diamond Stickles
Ribbon and charm from the stash box

I paper pieced some of the image in an attempt to make a massive hole in my scrap paper drawer LOL!!

I do love paper piecing  -  I think it has made that little bear's coat look super snuggly.

You know what it is tonight?  The Apprentice!!! 

Woo hoo!!!  Hubby says he will cook tonight so that I can carry on with my cards .. .. ... double whammy!!

Right better get creating before he changes his mind.

Have a good evening everyone.

Love

27 comments:

Jacee said...

Great card Jules, your paper piecing looks great, makes a nice change dos'nt it?

I'll be watching the apprentice too, I know who I'd like to fire!

chris said...

Aww so sweet, love his little jacket.
hugs chris xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Jules, I must get this stamp out and use him again, he is so gorgeous and I just love his coat. Sue x

Little K Smith said...

Super cute card Jules, adore this little FF bear, his coat looks sooo snuggly! :)
Lovely colours and cute little charm too.
Kelly.x

pinky said...

Well that sounds like one lovely day to me. I remember and cherish days like that when my Mum was here:) I am always glad I drop over here on a Wednesday cause you remind me about the apprentice lol. Love your card and the paper piecing is so beautiful in the spotty paper. Enjoy your dinner.
Pinky

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Jules!, great paper piecing and your Mum sounds great playing with her DS LOL!
Enjoy your dinner (we had a takeaway yum yum), and the apprentice hun :o)
hugs Vicky xx

Nicola said...

Fab card. Your mum sounds great fun. Hope she was pleased with her promotion... Hugs Nicola xx

Sally H said...

A real cutie! Love it!

Doreen said...

Love the card Jules and fabulous paper piecing,glad you had a lovely day with your Mum.Enjoy your night off from cooking.xxx

scotspanda said...

awww babes this is just adorable, the image is soooo cute and I love the snuggly jacket, in fact I think Lily had one just like it a few years ago lol

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome your mum plays DS at 80, my mums 60 and wants one too, so theyd make a great pair I'm sure!

Glad to hear you've got good quality control too ;)

Totally gorgeous card as always, I DO so love teddy bears! and Forever Friends Teddys are just adorable!!!

Jennifer said...

Brilliant! Really love the colours xx Jenny xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous! The paper piecing is just perfect. What a lovely image. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your mum Jules. I adore this card the papers, design and that image are truly gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Jules, take a look at my blog http://dawniesden.blogspot.com/2010/11/award-with-difference.html Theres a voucher to be spent if you want it.x

coops said...

gorgeous card jules.love the ff bear and his snuggly paper pieced coat and mitts.your colours and papers are lovely and warm and fab layout :D

xx coops xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Ooh so gorgeous and the paper piecing looks fab!
Clare x

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card Jules. I love the jacket.

Nikki x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

What a Christmas cutie, lovely crisp design too, like the paper pieced coat.
Watch the apprentice, glad Alex went , bit of a wind bag.
janex

Sandy said...

Jules, visiting your blog daily always lifts my spirits!! Today, you've done it again. How cute is that little teddy?? You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing:)

Di said...

Love it Jules. That spotty coat looks the bizz and the backing paper goes really well. You are so lucky, my hubby thinks that white thing in the kitchen is just for mulling wine once a year,lol.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, youve done a brilliant job on the paper piecing love that spotty paper. Stunning card to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, this is gorgeous and I love the paper piecing! I love the apprentice too - think Alex deserved to go - he was a bit annoying - my hubby and I thought he looked like paddington bear when he went out to the taxi in his duffle coat! Sounds as if you've got a young 80 year old mum! Trish x

Helen said...

Hi Jules
Thats loverly.
Helen x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card Jules.....such a sweet image and love the papers :o)
hugs and xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I have a real soft spot for FF images and this is a real cutie! Hugs, Lesley

Beryl said...

A really sweet little bear on a lovely card.
Beryl xx