My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 23 May 2020

CHRISTMAS KICKSTART CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all keeping well and finding things to keep you occupied whilst at home.  I certainly haven't run out of jobs and crafty goodies to keep me amused.

I would be more than happy to spend much more time like this .. .. especially if it means all this loss of life would stop.  I really can't get my head around the numbers anymore.  

Certainly the weather here will have helped with the lock-down scenario we are under at the moment here in the UK.   It has been super windy, interspersed with rain and very minimal sunny spells.  So a typical English bank holiday weekend I guess LOL!!

Anyway, after having my Christmas goodies out yesterday I decided to tackle Christmas card number 3 for May and this is my offering:




This used:

Image:  Card-io Clear Stamp Set:  Oriental Blossom (the branch in the set is repeat stamped to create a wreath)
Sentiment:  LOTV:  Digital Christmas Sentiment Tags
Backing Paper:  My Lovely Studio "Gingham"
Nail Heads
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

This is for taking over to Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge where this month's theme is "wreathed in Christmas smiles" .. .. as in show a wreath on your creation.

There is still time to play along if you are in the mood for Christmas creations.

Catch you again tomorrow .. .. if all goes to plan.


14 comments:

Carole said...

Love your wreath Jules and those pin heads look very dimensional and make great baubles! An unusual combination of cards that work so well together. Hugs xx

meg said...

Beautiful layout the gingham looks wonderful against the Kraft then that fabulous wreath and bow stunning card

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Jules, you have created a beautiful wreath.
It is getting warmer here, the sun is shining and the wind is starting to drop thank goodness, the boy's are out with the dog at the moment - I'm having a lazy morning.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your Christmas wreath card is gorgeous Jules love the gingham strip across your card it really adds to your card


Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Now this is just stunning Jules, love the use of kraft card and the lovely wreath, and of course the tartan bow is wonderful, such lovely heart embellishments too, Kate x

Karen Dunbrook said...

LOVE this beautiful card...the ribbon detail is perfection.
xx Karen

Debbie said...

Hi Jules, glad to hear you and hubby are doing okay. Stay safe hun. Loving your beautiful christmas card.The wreath is stunning with lovely finishing touches as always. Sending hugs. Take care xx

Dotty Jo said...

Well, my face is certainly wreathed in smiles after seeing your card, Jules! It's just gorgeous and so obviously your fabulous signature style. Thanks so much for joining Robyn and I at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, I love the wreath, especially with the heart baubles on it. Ive now stopped watching the news as the death toll was really scary. Typical bank holiday weather here too, very stormy! Hazel xx

Sarah said...

Love this card Jules, the rustic look is right up my street. It was very windy indeed yesterday, I had a pair of shorts blow right off the washing line into the pear tree!! Much nicer today though xx

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous bow and a really lovely image, great make.

Kath x

KandA said...

Beautiful card, your wreath is fabulous with those little hearts and amazing bow xx

scrappymo! said...

Looks great!
The black and white gingham is really popular here too. I am introducing it into my Christmas decor. I am slowly creating new ornaments and baubles etc using this black and white gingham theme .

Robyn Oliver said...

Jules, this wreath card is simply beautiful, I love all the elements - your stamped twiggy wreath with the 'nail' ornaments, and the lovely layers topped with the glorious bow and tag... thanks so much for sharing with Christmas Kickstart, Robyn