My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 14 May 2020

HAPPY NEW HOME?

Hi Everyone

Hope Thursday has gone well for you.

Has anyone signed up to go and look around a new house yet then?

I find it quite intriguing that house viewing and buying in England is one of the first things we are allowed to do as we start to take slow baby steps towards coming out of lock-down.  

But the house viewing has to be done without touching anything and of course abiding by social distancing rules .. .. and I suppose you can't view as a couple because there will be too many people.

The social distancing aspect itself could be interesting .. .. especially on landings and in "the smallest room in the house".

But you certainly wouldn't get a true feeling for the outside surroundings would you with all the reduced traffic and all the children confined to their homes doing their school lessons.  We live on a busy main road  .. .. but you wouldn't know it at the moment.  

Anyway, with new homes on my mind I decided to made a "new home" card using an old Woodware stamp set.  I am on a mission to try and get at least "one of every kind" of card I can imagine into my stock box (within reason of course .. .. nothing too obscure!  LOL!!)




This used:

Image and Sentiments:  Woodware Clear Stamp Set "FRCL 194" (so old it may not be available to buy any longer)
Backing Papers:  Mish mash of snippets (trying really hard to blitz these at the moment)
ProMarkers
Nail Heads
Die Cut Butterflies
Glossy Accents
Pearls
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I stamped this creation up whilst waiting for dinner to cook, and putting the world to rights with Mum yesterday,  She enjoyed watching how I did the masking and how it all came together.

But sadly we weren't able to put the world to rights, it was still in a mess even when we had finished.

Take care everyone.


12 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

meg said...

Great New Home card it's a fabulous fun combination of stamps in beautiful colours teamed with lovely papers

Kathleen said...

Love it Julie, super colours and image.

Kath x

Viv said...

really pretty pastel new home card Jules! x

Carole said...

Now who would live in a house like this? I would...it is so pretty and the windows are so shiny and clean! Super card Jules that anyone would love to receive and I love the little birdie on the sign too. Can't really imagine anyone wanting to move home right now amidst all this chaos...imagine having to wash everything down|! xx

Aquarius said...

Really good stamp set and you've used it so well. Glad I'm not the only one puzzled that house viewing is amongst the 'allowed' behaviour!! Don't think the relaxed restrictions will make much difference to me at the moment.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous New Home card Jules. As you say very strange that you can view houses but still not mix with your family and friends.

Sue xx

Enny said...

Such a gorgeous card, bit by bit our world is also getting 'normal' again. Although it's still very quiet here, seems like every day is Sunday...
How lovely that you could be with your mum, so important for the elderly to keep in contact. Hugs, Enny

Sarah said...

this is gorgeous, such a lovely little patchwork house xx

cuilliesocks said...

Such a pretty card Jules, it's a lovely house image and beautifully coloured and layered, Kate x

Karen Dunbrook said...

super sweet card.
blessings and have a great wknd.
xx Karen

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful new home card Jules a bright and cheerful card

Anne