My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 4 July 2009

ALLSORTS CHALLENGE - WEEK 8

Hi Everyone

Mega excitement in my little world this week.

I was asked if I would be a Guest Designer on the Allsorts Challenge Blog as some of their regular DT members were on holiday.

The theme is to make a "shaped card" and I really enjoyed making mine.

There is a lovely prize on offer this week for the winner. A download from Liz at the brilliant Pink Petticoat. Mmmm just realised .. .. .. I won't be in with a chance of winning this week!!!

I don't know if you normally visit Pink Petticoat but the winner is going to be spoilt for choice - and once you own one download.. .. .. well you know how the story goes LOL!!

So, here is my "shaped card".

To make this I used:

Backing paper: Pink Petticoat "Accessory Papers (Pretty Pink & Pink - Little Hearts)
Image: The Greetings Farm "Princess Anya"
Sentiment: Great Impressions
Small circle punch
Promarkers
Papermania Adhesive Stones
Craftime Ultra Fine Glitter
Silver peel-offs for edging

I hand cut the base card using the crown on Princess Anya as my inspiration.

So you have now had a sneeky glimpse of one of Liz's Pink Petticoat papers here. You can drool over all the others and see what you have the chance of winning by clicking here.

But once you have finished drooling make sure you get creating and enter your "shaped card" into the challenge.

You can get lots of inspiration from what the "real "- Allsort DT members have created on the Allsorts Blog.

Have fun.

Love Jules xx

10 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Jules this is fantastic love that shape and the colour that image is so cute well done on your guest DT spot.

Hugs
Lorraine x

helen said...

oh jules this is gorgeous hon and congrats on the guest dt spot
hugs
helen x

Linda . J said...

Congratulation on your DT spot, love this card the colours the papers all fantastic.
Hugs Linda

Juls said...

the the crown shape! it works so well with this image. Such a fab card!

maxine said...

A fantastic card, lovely design and colours.

Donna said...

Gorgeous little card Jules, love the crown shape and your image image is too cute :) Donna x

mckinkle said...

Well done on your Guest DT spot! You deserve a permanent one! What a lovely shape you made; I love the image, its so cute!
Keryn x

Tammi said...

Congrats! Clever idea for a card shape, love it and it's so perfect with this image...cute!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

congrats on your guest DT, your card is gorgeous love the omage and the shape of the card is great....

hugs shell xx

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Such a cute card! Love the crown shape and the image is perfect for this card.

Lisa x