My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 11 July 2009

Allsorts Challenge No. 9 - A Sketch

Good morning everyone

Back again as promised with the Allsorts Challenge for this week. Some DT members are still on holiday so I am .. .. .. .. well on "holiday cover". LOL!!

This weeks challenge has been set by Deb who has provided a sketch for everyone to work to (and lovely it is too).

There is another wonderful prize on offer for the winner (chosen by random org) from Stamp Addicts.

You know you need one to pack all that stash into and tidy up your craft space so get creating!!!
Here is the sketch

and this is what I created (but pop over and see the inspiration from the "real Allsorts DT")

To make this card I used:

Image: Elusive Images UA6SP0077 "Rose Stem Script"
Background Paper: Funky Fairy Downloads "Lets Get Traditional"
Sentiment: Penny Black "Critter Party"
Punch: Martha Stewart "Scalloped Hearts"
Craftwork Cards "Card Candy" (from my bloggy mate Jackie xx)
Nail Heads from Josey Rose
Gold embossing powder for the image and sentiment
Chalks for colouring


Quite a sensible and "grown up" card for me!!! LOL!! My Mum loved it!!

So off you go folks. Go and see what you can come up with and try and win that lovely prize. Good luck!!!

Have a great weekend and I'll catch you all again soon.

Love Jules xx

14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Jules love those soft colours and that image is just gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

Jules, this is just stunning, the image is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Jules
Wendy x

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous card Jules.
Clare x

Dena said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your embossing. I just don't take the time to do that anymore. This really has such an elegant feel to it. Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card Jules! The colours are soft with a vintage feel. Very nice. :o) Tracy

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Gorgeous card! Such a pretty image and papers.

Lisa x

brenda said...

Super card Jules, love the soft colours. It's great having you on the team.

B x

craftimamma said...

You've got a very pretty and fresh look to your card Jules, and beautiful colouring of the rose image.

My Mum would love it too!

Lesley Xx

Juls said...

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the message over at my blog, I have to say I did think of you a number of times when I was wrestling with getting a heart into my designs! You always do it brilliantly! Think I need Lessons! LOL!

Juls

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card Jules, love the papers and such a beautiful image :) Donna x

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card, that Sketch layout is super.

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, love the papers you've chosen and your colouring is lovely.
Barbara

Rach and Jan said...

Hi Jules!

Beautiful card, very elegant and subtle.
Love the way you've coloured the image and the paper is lush!

Rach x