My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 12 July 2009

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE - WEEK 57

Hi Everyone

Well it has turned into a beautiful day here. I hope it is the same for everyone.

My post today is my card for the Penny Black Challenge where the theme is "swirls".

Here is my card:

This used:

Image: Penny Black 3206J "Crossing Bridges!"
Backing Paper: Funky Hand CD "Funky Word Books"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Stylized Flowers"
Spellbinders Nestabilities "Large Deckled Rectangles"
Woodware Flower Punch
Fiskars Heart Punch
Promarkers
Ribbon and gems from my stash box


I really love the papers from my Funky Hand CD's and Downloads but I didn't buy the Funky Word Books because I didn't feel I would ever make a word book.

But in my prize from Enfys a couple of weeks ago was the one CD I hadn't bought and what a fool I have been. It isn't just word books - there are A4 sheets to print too and the patterns are delicious. You will be seeing some more of these in future posts! Thank you Enfys.

Right - off out to listen to some bands at our "local" now. They have four bands playing in the garden tonight .. .. .. hopefully not all at the same time!!!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Love Jules xx

16 comments:

LavenderCards said...

lovely card
K

Jacee said...

Fab card Jules, aren't those papers nice? I've got some free stuff from them, I'll have to get down to using some, I love the image you have used too.

brenda said...

Hi Jules, I can see you are on a pastel week and this one is lovely, like the layout, might have to ask you to design some sketches with all this extra time you've got for crafting now. What say you.

B x

Wendy said...

Cute card
Wendy x

Nicki said...

Gorgeous card Jules, love the delicately coloured image and those cut-out corners - great little detail. Nicki, xx

pinky said...

That is just the cutes image! Love the papers and the swirls. You'll be able to enter the new funkyhand challenges soon then.
Pinky

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Jules...love the colour combo and your adorable image........thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....Hugs Kath xxxxx

Juls said...

such a cute card, love the image, the choc brown, pink and green such a fab colour combo! Love all the embossed detail. Yet another fab creation!

Tab said...

Fabulous card, just love this sweet image! The colours you have used are divine too!
Hugs Tab xxx

craftimamma said...

I love these little PB mice images Jules and you make such good use of them.

This is a lovely card and beautifully coloured as usual.

Lesley Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jules I love this that image is so cute and this is one very pretty card. I say pretty because that was the first thing that entered my head when I saw it the colours are gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dena said...

This is so cute! Love that little mouse. The swirls look fabby! Hugs, Dena

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh I love the colours on this one. It's a great card altogether. Love the deckle nesties, embossing, swirls and image. The PB animals are always so cheerful!
Clare x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, love the texture, colours, image, EVERYTHING in fact!!
Louise x

tracie said...

Oh wow Jules this is fabulous, love the pretty papers and cute image.. gorgeous !!
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

Rach said...

a wonderful card, love all the swirl detail you have added, what a sweet image. hugs rachxx