My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 5 July 2009

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE - WEEK 56

Hi Everyone

I hope that your weekend has been a good one.

I have spent most of today washing and ironing. (and I can't believe that I still have so many shirts left to iron!! Hubby has bought himself a load of new work shirts and of course they all need washing and ironing before he can wear them).

So as a reward for being such a domestic goddess I have treated myself to a session with my toys and created my Penny Black Challenge card for this week.

The challenge is a colour theme this week where the colours are Red, White and Blue.

Here is my creation:

This is what I used:

Image: Penny Black 1444K "Hedgehog Bouquet"
Backing Papers: Pink Petticoat "Pretty Doodles"
Promarkers
Buttons and ribbon from the stash box
Diamond stickles

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone and I'll catch you again soon.

Thank you for calling by.

Love Jules xx

19 comments:

brenda said...

Great card Jules, clearly your juises flowed freely with this one. And is that the little hedgie you were talking about, me thinks so and how many of those 15 greys are in use here ?

B x

Wendy said...

Great card and I love the way you have coloured the image
Wendy x

craftimamma said...

Brilliant card again Jules and a perfect take on the red, white and blue theme. That little hedgie is so cute and your Promarker colouring is great.

I love the blue button threaded with red ribbon too. That's a lovely little touch.

Lesley Xx

Jacee said...

Super card Jules, all that ironing must have got your creative juices on top form, it's lovely.

Pauline C said...

Wow Jules i really love this ... 'tis one of my fave PB images (he is even running along in my blog header!) and I love the colouring and the paper is just perfect. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Juls said...

so sweet, I love how you have used the background papers.

P.S I always have fun trying to find the heart on you projects! Thanks as always for sharing your creativity.

pinky said...

Jules thats a lovely card and a great image. Like the combination of colours on your card. Have spent most of day washing and ironing here too! With 3 men and two ladies to see too it never seems to end lol.
Pinky

mckinkle said...

Another really gorgous card Jules! Love the image so much!! I say old chum where did you get that PP?!
Keryn :D

Tammi said...

Great background, and hearts in it too! :) Super cute! xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Jules, I love your card, beautifully coloured and a really stunning design. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute PB image and the buttons.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

super cute card xx jo xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun this card is gorgeous love the way you have put the card together it looks fab

hugs shell xx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! Love this cute PB image and the papers.

Lisa x

tracie said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jules, I love these doodle papers from PP and fabulously cute hedgie ~ love it. Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love this card the papers and image work so well together,janex

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card jules...love the doodle papers and your adorable image....ironing...bah humbug...only do it when I have no clothes to wear...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxxx

LavenderCards said...

lovely card
K

LavenderCards said...

lovely card
K