My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 1 July 2009

LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED - ALLSORTS CHALLENGE 7

Hi Everyone

Here I am again .. .. following on from all my excitement of yesterday.

I have come home from work today to find carpets pulled back and floorboards up and no hot water!!! Only cold water and a shower until Friday!! Still this is better than our ancestors had.

Tonight I have finally completed my challenge card for the Allsorts Challenge blog.

I say finally because I didn't have any acetate .. .. .. and this week I had to use acetate on my card somewhere.

To begin with I was using clear plastic packaging instead of acetate and it wasn't looking too bad and then whilst searching for something else I came across a packet of coloured acetate. Brilliant!!

So that was it. Start again girl!!!!

I have used the same stamp as I used on my hubby's card the other evening but because I have trapped some hearts between the acetate and the backing paper I "chopped some off the side of the image". No-one is allowed to receive more hearts than my hubby (my rules not his).

Between the acetate and the backing card are also strips of torn paper but unfortunately they don't show up too well in the photograph. Acetate isn't the easiest thing to get a good picture of.

To make this creation I have used:

Image: Hero Arts S5161 "Country Hearts"
Sentiment: Created from Great Impressions Stamp
Red Acetate
Woodware Brads
Unmarked heart punch
Ribbon from my lovely lady at the local market.


I hope everyone has had a good day and that no-one has melted in the heat.

Thanks for calling by and thank you for all the nice messages I received following my lovely blog candy win. Can't wait for Mr Postman to arrive.

Take care.

Love Jules xx

9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Jules! That's a very useful stamp. I don't think I've ever seen coloured acetate (except that I've coloured myself). It's very effective.

Lesley Xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Jules!

Great card hun I love the coloured acetate and great way of using it....

Thanks for playing at Allsorts again this week

Emma xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Love it that colour is fab and love the ribbon

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card. love it!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card
Wendy x

Jackie said...

Hi Jules, I just knew you could do it!

Lovely card, beautiful coloured background. Thanks for joining in this week.
Jackie
x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

mckinkle said...

I love this card, so bright and funky! Cant find the heart tho, gimme a clue Jules!
Keryn x

brenda said...

It's a gorgeous card Jules, know just what you mean about photographing it though.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts again.

B x