My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 3 July 2009

OH TO BE ABLE TO WEAR HEELS LIKE THESE!!!

Hi Everyone

Back again with my usual Friday evening excitement.

I posted a challenge card earlier today - but that was a trial. I wanted to see if I could do that "scheduled post" thingy - and yes.. .. it worked. .. .. and that is something new I have learnt (or is it learned?) today.

But now you have the usual Friday night excited Jules with another creation.

I just had to use my MS punch again. I love it and you will all be sick of seeing it soon. The poor thing has been on overdrive today.

I love my finished creation - and it isn't even a cute one!!!

Aren't those shoes just "to die for"!!!!! I can remember the days when I would have been able to "wear" and "walk" in those beauties. I think nowadays I would do well to squeeze them onto my feet and sit in them .. .. .. LOL!!!! But a girl can dream.

Lots of fantastic goodies on this card but not all as expensive as they look. Can you believe that the gorgeous "snake skin" paper that I used for the border and to stamp the shoes onto came from my local Morrisons Supermarket.. .. it is even textured to the touch!!. (Does anyone else still think "what can I find to craft with" when stocking up the fridge and cupboards and that cleaning cupboard that we won't talk about?).

The paper was part of a child's "Art Attack" kit. Lots of animal skin papers, feathers and pom-poms - great value for money. (Not sure what I will do with the pom-poms - or some of the strange coloured feathers - but I am sure there will be a challenge calling for them one day).

Anyway - enough of the waffle.. .. .. here is my creation of the evening:

To make this creation I have used:

Image & Sentiment: Hero Arts CL303 "High Heels"
Punches: Martha Stewart Doily Lace & Scalloped Hearts
Papermania Adhesive Stones
Ribbon from the lovely lady on the market
Papers from the supermarket LOL!!


Well that is me for this evening.

I now have the luxury of a long soak in a very hot and bubbly, bubble bath. I need to make up for not having any hot water for the last three days!!

All my carpets are now back down where they belong and my new boiler is installed and hopefully working properly. Just need to keep my eyes open for leaks!!!!!

Do as my card says "Kick up your heels & have fun!"

Take care everyone and see you again over the weekend.

Love Jules xx

17 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, fab card Jules! Very decadent. I've been trying to resit buying this punch, but I think I will give in to temptation very soon!
Have a great weekend - without any leaks.
Clare x

Juls said...

Fabulous card!! cant believe that you have made such an amazing classy card from papers in a childrens crafting kit! Definatly want those shoes!! Yet another inspiring creation!

helen said...

might need to borrow those shoes hon i have a do to go to on sunday and they are just perfect i'd only last an hour in them tho, long enough to make an entrance then they'd be kicked off under the table lol
fab card, love the paper
hugs
helen x

craftimamma said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about those shoes Jules. I can distinctly remember wearing 4.5 inch heels and pointed toes even if it was 40+ years ago and then again about 20 years ago. What do they say about fashion cycles? Looks like it's every 20 years for stilettos.

Anyway, back to the fabulous card. That paper compliments those gorgeous shoes perfectly. Wish I could wear them now.

BTW, I love the way you tie your bows.

Lesley Xx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How cool that you found snakeskin paper to go with your ultra-high heels. I think it's funny that you said that you wished you could wear shoes like that. My first thought is "OMG I would break an ankle before I took my first step". I just like to be low to the ground :-)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy Jules this is lovely your colours are fabby and those shoes wow....gosh brings back memories when I used to wear beauties like that and I could dance in them as well lol. Gosh show me a shoe with a heel on now and I just groan...so do my feet lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

killer heals wow, love love love this card, colours image style, super. janex

pinky said...

Oh la la, tres chic! Have never been able to walk in heels but love to look! This card is gorgeous!
Pinky

Natalie said...

Fabulous card Jules. x

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this card ! Love the shoes and on a good day when my knees don't hurt or my back doesn't ache I can still wear them,........in my dreams!

Wendy said...

Wow love those shoes, great card Jules
Wendy x

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card Jules, the paper is fabulous and the shoes are hurting my feet just looking at them lmao

lotsalove

amanda xx

Jacee said...

Great card.

Francien said...

That card is so lovely Jules.. love the details....those heels!!! I remember them way back when..would love to walk in them...but I am afraid they would not stand my weight now....lol...and my hip would break spontaneously again...so its "kick off your heels"and have fun...love to walk barefoot now...
have a fine Sunday!!
greetings Francien.

Donna said...

Beautiful elegant card Jule, love the image and colours...perfect :) Donna x

brenda said...

Jules, thats a real fabby card and you are not alon in cannibalising antything you can lay your hands on.

Punch, what punch, no idea what you are refering to ?

B x

mckinkle said...

Oh what a dekightful walk down memory lane youve given us all Jules! Its been lovely reading all of the comments and I agree so much with you all! But at least we did it in our day! Better to have worn them and have great memories than never to have worn them at all!!
I just LOVE this card!
Keryn x