My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 26 July 2009

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE - WEEK 59

Hi Everyone

One very quick post before hubby arrives back. Due back within the hour!!!! Yay!!

This is my Penny Black Challenge card - this week the theme is to work to a recipe.

3 - ribbons .. .. .. .. 2 - flowers .. .. .. .. 1 - charm or pin

Here is what I created

This used:

Image: Penny Black 3947K "Day-dreams"
Sentiment: Penny Black 2908F "...to you"
3 very small scraps of ribbon from my lovely lady at the local market
1 charm: Papermania
Punches: Martha Steward "Frond" - X Cut "Medium & small flower" - Fiskars "Threading Water"
Gems "Josy Rose"
Stickles "Crystal"
ProMarkers


I don't know how well you can see it on the photograph but I have "snipped" into the petals on the first layer of my flowers which were punched from mulberry paper. I saw a little packet of flowers like these for sale in a local store and "pinched the idea". Just thought I would share in case anyone else fancied a try (but then again perhaps not everyone is as easily impressed as I am LOL!!!).

Well at the beginning of this post I said it was going to be "a quick one" .. .. .. can you believe it has taken me 14 attempts to upload my picture to Mr Blogger. I think he must have that Sunday afternoon "chilled and relaxed" feeling!!!

Take care everyone.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Love Jules xx

21 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Really delicate and pretty.. love it!

Hugs,
Chris xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jules it is quite lovely so clean and fresh looking the image is wonderful and what a fab idea with the flowers I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Debs said...

Hi Jules
This is simply stunning hun!!!! Absolutely love it.
Good luck with the challenge.
TTFN
Debs xx

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Jules. x

pinky said...

very pretty card, enjoy your evening with hubby.
Pinky

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Jules...love the image and great use of your ribbons and flowers and love the charm...and oh yes MrBlogger can be very naughty.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxxx

mckinkle said...

Simply stunning Jules, beautiful as always. Really lovely image too.
Keryn x

Francien said...

You are some talented lady Jules...what a lovely card and all those little details..very pretty...and you know your way with every stamp it seems...love your little monkey card too!! Must be great to have your DH back safe...
greetings Francien.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning Jules. I love how you have added the ribbons to the mat. Thank's for the tip re the punched flowers, I will try this.
You must be so pleased to have things back to normal with hubby back.
Enjoy your week.
Clare x

craftimamma said...

Wonderful delicate card Jules. The colours make it so clean and distinct looking. I love the image too.

I really must have a look at some PB images. Can you believe I don't have one?

Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Hi Jules,

Very very nice and so elegant.

Do I assume right that the leaf is an MS punch ? I do like how you use your Fiskars punch as well, you mkake it look so versatile.

B x

gina g said...

Lovely card i love the image it's beautiful. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

hiya this is really pretty lovin the stamps you used xx jo xx

Cami said...

A simply elegant card with beautiful touches...love the ribbon tied to the side with the charm, and I can see the snippets in your flower which makes is to lovely. I love the colors...my favorite also! Hugs, Cami

Juls said...

very stylish!

P.S I have left you a little something over at my blog.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

beautiful card Jules....sorry not been on much lately but keep getting klicked off so many different blogs now its getting silly

huge hugs shell xx

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Jules lovely detail and the papers and colouring are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Jacee said...

A really lovely card, love the charm, just finishes it off nicely.
Jules, I have left something on my blog for you.

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Jules, I have left something for you on my blog
Wendy x

Zoe said...

Hello Jules, I love the little charm and I love the layout.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Tammi said...

Oh wow, stunning!!! I love the small scalloped edge you did, nice touch! ~Hugs